Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:43 PM
Default Connecting different foundation heights
I'm posting this here, because then we can keep on discussing pro and cons. @Chax

Quote:
I'm going to post this here, because for builders I think it's going to be a very useful technique. If I'm wrong link me and I'll remove it. Kate Emerald has found a way to connect to different height foundations: Perhaps we should start up the Building forums again though ...

Source: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=619973&page=2

I just tried replacing a wall by the connecting wall with a fence and the game crashed.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:28 PM Last edited by porkypine : 9th Dec 2018 at 8:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm posting this here, because then we can keep on discussing pro and cons. @Chax

I just tried replacing a wall by the connecting wall with a fence and the game crashed.

I just tried this and it actually works! YIPPEE!! TS4 split levels! No cheats needed!

Just don't connect a fence to the house. You'll have to plan out the floorplan before you start adding windows and doors because a half wall on the split level wall will kill the roof. I am playing with this to see if I can make a decent split level house.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:32 PM
Well, I've been playing around with this a lot. When the roof lines are merged and a level is lifted, the lower roof disappears. There are bugs with this technique, but I think if you spend time fiddling with it, you could make a split level that has a decent roof line.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Well, I've been playing around with this a lot. When the roof lines are merged and a level is lifted, the lower roof disappears. There are bugs with this technique, but I think if you spend time fiddling with it, you could make a split level that has a decent roof line.

Yes the offending roof tends to disappear if you do it the wrong way. As per usual with these techniques breaking the game, it has troubles and is unstable.

I made this thing, but It's not all perfect with the roofline. I should probably fix an issue on the ground room roof, but perhaps I'll just leave it.

Screenshots
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:38 AM
@Inge Jones

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
And the splitness is only available on the first level, can't stagger successive floors like we could with CFE... or can we?

Well actually I think we might be able to do that, but I have to test. As long as the plattforms or rooms doesn't intersect it should be possible. It will probably need staircases perhaps as intermediate between the plattforms. I don't have the game here now, so I can't test it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 7:18 PM
If I ever get a moment to load the game I'll try too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 10:19 PM Last edited by porkypine : 10th Dec 2018 at 10:50 PM.
I've made a successful two story, split level house. I play tested it and the split level junction wall did not leak during a rainstorm. I've uploaded it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5477134
Screenshots
#8 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:49 AM
That link is this thread... was that what you intended?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
That link is this thread... was that what you intended?

It's a bit odd though, as the post number is something different. Perhaps a thread or a link we're not allowed to see?
#10 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:36 AM
Usually you get an MTS error message in that case.

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Mmmh... I've actually given up on that house I was building. AGAIN. I've been out of creativity lately. I dislike everything I've been building.

Anyway - as I've said, it was difficult to build once the two main buildings were built. (builbuilbuil) I, like an imbecile, decided to build an open room next to my garage, not figuring out there would be a hole on the walls lol. I forgot to take a picture.

I'm sorry to disappoint Volvi, but I don't think I'm going to be much help with your thread.

No worries, it will take time. This isn't going to happen overnight
Theorist
#12 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:02 PM
I saw EA already fixed the problem self in last update . Buut this is very useful lesson. I can`t update my game and it`s old version still. So thanx!)

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
#13 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:59 AM
Well I spent some time trying to join up more than one level, split heights, but with very little success unless I fake it with moveobjects and windows.

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 12:33 PM
I just tried making a simple 1 tile staircase up 3 floors. It works nicely as long as you make sure you can bridge the gap between each landing with a staircase, because you won't be able to take the plattforms that way. That means you have to end up on each level 4 clicks below the height of the wall. If that makes sense

... or not 4 clicks only, but usually for those of us experienced with TS3.
#15 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 2:30 PM
My problem was using the build a wall on the ground then drag it to the gap. It only seems to work on the ground level. I can't stand walls on top of each other by dragging.

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:37 PM
Nevermind me, I just realized I'm answering a different question I'm working with splitlevel staircases atm
#17 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:44 PM
Ah yes! Kind of connected (haha) though

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:53 AM
super ...
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

c'est super ... je vais tester ... tester et tester ... merci beaucoup :D