Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 11:59 PM
You probably missed this part of the tutorial:

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
IMPORTANT WARNING - If you edit the "top" of a counter, the sinks will not place in the counter any more; so far, no one has found a good solution to this problem... Therefore, you are adviced not to edit the "countertop" mesh: just modify the "counterfinish" one.
Edit to add: you CAN also edit the "countertop" mesh, but DO NOT modify the flat part of it; you can edit/remove the back trim, or add something to the front: just don't touch the flat part of the top, included the UV-mapping of the flat surface!

This means that also the texture can't be modified, for the part related to the countertop. In your texture, the layout is completely different, as well as the UVmap for the countertop.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 3:46 AM
Thank you for your quick answer, and I will put the correct countertop back in simPE. Of course I know there are many people out there that would like to re-color the countertop, so maybe one day they will find the solution and let all of us know. Anyway when I get the counter up and working I'll put up a picture for you to see. Thank you once again. Peggy
Numenor I took the 2 zips out.

Sweetpeapeggy
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 3:59 PM
Recolouring the countertop is perfectly fine. Changing the colour of a texture, without moving the texture parts around, doesn't break the sink hole. But you reorganized the entire texture layout, according to you new mesh and UVmap (it's the new UVmap that broke the sink).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#79 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Sweetpeapeggy : 21st Jan 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Numenor I got the kitchen counter done with your help and another mesher to explain some of the words and where to go.
Thank you once again for the tutorial and your posts to me.
Here is a picture of the finished counter

PS I think it turned out beautifully
Screenshots

Sweetpeapeggy
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:14 AM
Wonderful! Did you have the anti-alias turned off while creating the snapshot? I see plenty of jagged lines...

Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:44 AM
No I didn't mess with the anti-alias. So thats why the picture is not as good as it should be. Thank you for all your help Numenor
and the wonderful tutorial.

Sweetpeapeggy
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:31 PM
Hi, I know this thread is a few years old, but I've just started meshing and was looking for a tutorial like this. I've managed the first few steps, but when it comes to changing the GMND's, my SimPE screen doesn't look anything like the picture, so I'm a bit stuck.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
#83 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 10:00 PM
LadyAngel, based on your picture you are selecting the incorrect lines.

You have to select a line containing 'tslocator' in the name (except for the one at the top of the list).

Then you can use the drop down list called 'Blocklist' and select the one with 'tsMaterialsMeshName' in it.

When you do that the window will look the same. Hope that helps.
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 10:44 AM
You're right, I managed to find it, thanks. However, I think I'll give counter creation a miss for the time being, at least until I'm a bit more experienced in meshing.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:32 AM
hi. i think i really shouldn't bother asking, but, anyway, exactly why aren't the SimPE counter clones good for cloning? something about the scripts? I'd like to learn how to fix them manually for my enjoyment.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Page 4 of 4