Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ModernLine Windows Set

by hudy777DeSign Posted 12th Mar 2010 at 11:49 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2012 at 6:28 PM by hudy777DeSign

172 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 7
Scholar
#76 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:13 PM
Love your gorgeous windows and use them very often.

Today have installed the newest patch (released just before EP3).
My current house has one of the windows and it is acting strange.The frame looks normal,but the glass is not visible.Same thing with all windows of the same set.

I didn't yet make many tests,but noticed that some windows from other creators have the same issue,even if most windows in my catalogs are working fine.

Don't know if its only in my game,or if other fellow simmers are experiencing the same problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:12 PM
Will test this, I'm installing new patch ATM so i will see what is happening with windows.
Thanks for notice.

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Scholar
#78 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:28 PM
Thanks so much,Hudy.Sorry for all this trouble !
Not all windows in your set have this issue.Some are working fine.Besides the issue may be only in my game and it could be caused by some conflicting files.

Feel so disappointed,because I can't enjoy the game as much without your windows.

A big hug.
Test Subject
#79 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:08 PM
I have the same problem with the windows.. i can see window's frame but where the glass goes, i can just see the wall..
I red in some forum that this patch has some problems with the (non-official custom content) windows..
I'm feeling so bad because I used this windows in EVERY house i made.. so it's awfull having to change the windows..
Also, I LOVE YOUR WINDOWS!!
I was thinking if u could do some doors that goes with this windows, because the ones in the game are pretty different..
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:54 AM
I am having problems with several windows, from Hudy, Technodrome, HugeLunatic and a couple of windows from other creators. Most of them are MTS creators and this causes crashing with some windows and with others, I can't see through them as mentioned above. They are all single tile shorter windows, I believe they are all counter height so I wonder if they were all cloned from the same window which now won't work with the patch. I have only one sims3pack that has a problem...all the others are package files. Only one is from TSR...all the other TSR windows seem to work. I am going to have to delete all my custom windows that are counter height and see if that helps although some of them are not labeled as such so not sure. Anyway, hope you can pass this on so others realize its not just your windows.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:37 AM
I saw he issue with the windows and i will do my best to fix that. But i've noticed something else, don't know if any of you have the same problem, but there is just sth wrong with my walls too.
Look at the picture!!

Scholar
#82 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:20 AM
Hudy,the issue with the walls has been reported and there is a workaround,here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423219

Thank you so much for everything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:55 PM
About the windows, i realized what is the problem and hopefully i will fix it late today, or tomorrow.

Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hudy777
I saw he issue with the windows and i will do my best to fix that. But i've noticed something else, don't know if any of you have the same problem, but there is just sth wrong with my walls too.

I'm not having this problem, or at least I didn't see it.. I will check..

I will wait until you fix the windows because I REALLY LOVE them!!
Go ahead doing that amazing job!
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:57 PM
Hudy, could you share the problem because there are a lot of windows that are not working and some that even crash the games. We started a post here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3352801

Some folks do not see the problem while others do so its difficult for creators to fix something they can't see. If they know what you did, they might be able to look at their own stuff.

Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#86 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:56 PM
I read the whole windows thread on the forums since LN came out. Thanks for updating so quickly!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#87 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much for updating - so quickly - Your windows.Just installed "Late Night" and can't wait to use your windows for some makeovers.
A big hug !
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#88 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:13 PM
Thank you for updating, Hudy!!
Scholar
#89 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:41 PM
Hudy,hope that you'll not be mad at me !
Just for my own game,(at home,very often late in the night...) I use to convert packages to sims3packs when its possible.I don't change anything and I keep the exact name etc... Please,please,dont take it as a lack of respect.

Its just because I prefer sims3packs,even if the launcher is full of bugs.

Well, I tried to convert your fixed windows,it seemed to work fine,but after "exporting to sims3pack" I just didn't get a sim3pack.

Please,could you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help and (hopefully) for not blaming me !

A big hug ! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:11 PM
Are the Diagonal windows ready? I really love this windows!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
Hudy,hope that you'll not be mad at me !
Just for my own game,(at home,very often late in the night...) I use to convert packages to sims3packs when its possible.I don't change anything and I keep the exact name etc... Please,please,dont take it as a lack of respect.

Its just because I prefer sims3packs,even if the launcher is full of bugs.

Well, I tried to convert your fixed windows,it seemed to work fine,but after "exporting to sims3pack" I just didn't get a sim3pack.

Please,could you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help and (hopefully) for not blaming me !

A big hug ! :lovestruc

I already made updates of .sims3pack file type windows and they will be available on my site soon

Quote:
Are the Diagonal windows ready? I really love this windows!!

No they are not, i can't resolve problem with wall mask
I will let you know if i will be able to fix those

Scholar
THANKS POST
#92 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:46 PM
Oh Thank you so much.Will pay a visit to your site.
Test Subject
#93 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 2:13 PM
Thank you for these versatile windows, they are, without a doubt, one of my favorites.
About the diagonal situation~the other day while placing your windows, one of them flipped to diagonal on it's own, going around the house I was working on. I hadn't really realized it had 'placed' until I finished the wall. The window seemed to be working fine. I tried a couple others, and they seemed to work as well. It appears the game{if I'm not mistaken}is automatically making the windows diagonals.
>>> I would recommend anyone wanting to try this save & backup your game just in case.
But it appears that these windows are working on the diagonal walls.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 5:11 AM
Tip&Trick for windows of sinking in the walls:
(until the creator resolves this problem permanently)
After placing the window on the wall if it sinks into the wall;
"CTRL+Z" (Undo), and then "CTRL+Y" (Redo).

P.S.: In some cases this might not work!.. e.g.; really bad/buggy/etc. creations are used.

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 6:30 AM
hey man! i have use u windows on my game but just few of them work and the rest not work properly. iit not cut thought the wall when i put it in. it just sinking in the wall
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chickknight_Greenleaf
hey man! i have use u windows on my game but just few of them work and the rest not work properly. iit not cut thought the wall when i put it in. it just sinking in the wall

There is new archive named fix with description about it, you should try download that one. And also read new update at the end of main post

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 4:02 PM
I love those windows! the Sims 3 isn't the same with out them! But they wont work any more? maybe its the patch? would you please update them, or some thing?
Test Subject
#98 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 4:03 PM
I have the same problem! it sucks

Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
Love your gorgeous windows and use them very often.

Today have installed the newest patch (released just before EP3).
My current house has one of the windows and it is acting strange.The frame looks normal,but the glass is not visible.Same thing with all windows of the same set.

I didn't yet make many tests,but noticed that some windows from other creators have the same issue,even if most windows in my catalogs are working fine.

Don't know if its only in my game,or if other fellow simmers are experiencing the same problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:41 AM
There is new archive named fix with description about it, you should try download that one. And also read new update at the end of main post

Test Subject
#100 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 8:26 PM
I love this set but i can only use some of the windows =(. Some of the wondows dont show the glass and only show the frame through the cement walls =(
Page 4 of 7