Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Pole Position -- A Pole Dancing Pose Set

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,453 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 293,658 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 10th Aug 2012 at 9:54 PM
Updated: 11th Aug 2012 at 10:10 PM
Ah, pole dancing. If you're ever bored with traditional aerobics, there's nothing like spinning upside-down on a slippery metal pole to get the ol' blood pumpin'! This is a set of some of my favorite moves--I can actually do all of them except number 11

Since this is a big set, you may find the pose list to be a little unwieldy. I've included a quick collage of all poses in case you're wanting one in particular and don't feel like scrolling through the list.

Pose tags are as follows (names of moves are not standardized, everyone makes up their own cutesy names):

a_splad_poleposition1 -- squat.
a_splad_poleposition2 -- seated leanback.
a_splad_poleposition3 -- one-handed pole sit.
a_splad_poleposition4 -- boomerang.
a_splad_poleposition5 -- merry-go-round.
a_splad_poleposition6 -- squat.
a_splad_poleposition7 -- "Superman."
a_splad_poleposition8 -- floor work, teasing.
a_splad_poleposition9 -- floor work, pole lounging.
a_splad_poleposition10 -- strut.
a_splad_poleposition11 -- jackknife.
a_splad_poleposition12 -- the "V."
a_splad_poleposition13 -- seated straddle.
a_splad_poleposition14 -- flamingo.
a_splad_poleposition15 -- floor leanback.

Known Issues:

- Based on your sim's chest and butt (or lack thereof), the hand may clip/miss on 3, 6, and 10. See the below photo for a better idea of hand/body contact.

- These poses will not work with the fireman's pole from Ambitions--the sim's hand will clip with that pole. Please make sure to download "The Exotic Pole" by SeeMyu for your full dancing enjoyment.

- Poses will work with or without shoes, and with or without clothes. If your sim wears a skirt as shown in the photos, it will clip into the pole on a few of the poses. (It looks super-cute otherwise though!) You will see some warping in the chest/crotch area with certain poses, particularly 2, 6, 12 and 13. I would have avoided that if I could have, but I wanted the stances to be accurate.

You will need "moveobjects on" to place your sim in position. Once you're done posing, the poor sim will be impaled by the pole and look really silly. This is okay! Just direct the sim to walk away and all will be well.

Additional Credits:
Daluved1 for her lovely shoes, and SeeMyu for his rockin' pole.
Cmomoney for the incredible Pose Player
OrangeMittens for the excellent "Creating Your Own Custom Poses" tutorial
WesHowe for the AnimTool
Mesher for the AF rigs
Inge Jones for S3PE and the rest of the Sims community at large for assistance and encouragement.