Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:01 AM
Default No Spraying Monster Under Bed Mod?
(Sims 4 and everything up to and including Seasons)
I swear, any time I have a single bed the nannys spends all their time standing there spraying the monster instead of doing things like caring for the kids. I've tried locking the door to rooms with single beds too and then she just stands there complaining about not being able to get in to do so and I don't want to just replace all the single beds with double (if I could even fit that in the houses)
Is there a mod or something that will just get rid of the whole nonsense? Or at least let me disable the autonomy of that action?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:01 PM
Sorry if I'm necroing this thread, but... I'm also looking for this. I've put in a request with LittleMsSam, but we'll see if that happens! I'll post back if she decides to add it to her Better Nanny mod.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:56 PM
JASF has a mod to stop the monster under the bed outright here - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-under-the-bed/

There are also the in game children's wall lamps to prevent monster from appearing. On this site too, there are mods that give some child toys the same preventative effects as the wall lights.

Modding to make the kids no autonomously look for carer to spray the monster after it appears is not a great idea. The kids are still forced out of bed in fear, but then they would just stand there most of the night and the player might miss this for many hours. Only discovering the kids are very tired, starving, need to pee and so forth, when they have to go to school or something. Best just to get rid of the annoying monster once and for all and let the kids sleep through the night in peace.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
JASF has a mod to stop the monster under the bed outright here - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-under-the-bed/

There are also the in game children's wall lamps to prevent monster from appearing. On this site too, there are mods that give some child toys the same preventative effects as the wall lights.

Modding to make the kids no autonomously look for carer to spray the monster after it appears is not a great idea. The kids are still forced out of bed in fear, but then they would just stand there most of the night and the player might miss this for many hours. Only discovering the kids are very tired, starving, need to pee and so forth, when they have to go to school or something. Best just to get rid of the annoying monster once and for all and let the kids sleep through the night in peace.

Wow, hi, Coolspear! I'm a big fan of your mods~ :D

I'm 100% good with getting rid of the monster, all together, but will that stop the nannies from spraying for it? I'm not sure about that, because I definitely have a nightlight that stops the monster from spawning in my child's bedroom, but the nannies are still constantly up there, crowding that area, spraying endlessly.

Scholar
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 4:22 PM
Are you using MCCC? if so, you can do two things with it:
1. somewhere in the settings - disable bed monsters altogether
2. if that won't help, you can use the AutoScan module and ban the spray action from being an autonomous action..
Inventor
#6 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blushie
Wow, hi, Coolspear! I'm a big fan of your mods~ :D

I'm 100% good with getting rid of the monster, all together, but will that stop the nannies from spraying for it? I'm not sure about that, because I definitely have a nightlight that stops the monster from spawning in my child's bedroom, but the nannies are still constantly up there, crowding that area, spraying endlessly.

Shouldn't the nighlight be placed there?

I was always placing this lamp at the spot marked by me, sims never been spraying beds on their own and they had their free will on etc.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Shouldn't the nighlight be placed there?

I was always placing this lamp at the spot marked by me, sims never been spraying beds on their own and they had their free will on etc.

You know, I'm not sure! I've never had to specifically place it above the bed, that I can recall. But, I'll try that, too!