Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:36 PM
Default Stuck age stage
My teen seems to be in some age limbo. I can't age him up or down. There is no bar at all. I am guessing that I got over-eager with the NRAAS aging mod and over-aged him. However, I can't use the mod to get the bar back. I would try this, but apparently it's a little wonky, judging from the comments.

The good news is that I can age him to adult. If all else fails, he's apparently going to grow up fast. But I would like him to stay a teen. Is there any way to get the aging bar back as a teen?

I haven't played this game for a long time, so I admit to being rusty. This could be something really obvious and I'm missing it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:28 AM
May I ask please what mod you are referring to and which comments? There is no NRaas aging mod, wonky or otherwise. The aging manager within our mod collection is handled by StoryProgression and further gated/protected by Overwatch. MasterController can be used to adjust a sim's relative or absolute age, but only within their current age stage.

Aging managers from other sources such as Buzzler's here from MTS can potentially conflict with either SP or OW if used at the same time, as can AwesomeMod's in some cases.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 3:00 PM
I meant the MasterController, though I have both StoryProgresion and Overwatch. I wanted to get my teen closer to an adult age (I sometimes like to speed up age cycles), and over-did it. At least I think I did. It's quite possible the game decided to age the teen as well, though I have aging at Epic.

So much for trying Buzzler. Judging from the comments, it also didn't work correctly for many.

Sounds like I'll have to try to use MasterController to push the age back down again (though it didn't work when I tried it), and if that doesn't work, the kid is going to have to grow up.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 3:20 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Jan 2019 at 3:52 PM.
Buzzler's mod is (or can be) great, but it's really meant for those who are not using NRaas StoryProgression or Awesome as those have their own aging managers built in already. Once you try adjusting this sim's age down with MasterController again, perhaps wait a bit to see if the changes take hold. The sim's info tab can take a while to catch up to new data, it doesn't always adjust itself right away. Maybe a MC Reset of the sim and then saving, quitting, and reloading the game might help.

Also take a look at MC > Status > Personal on this sim. If it displays their correct age and says they are aging (vs. not aging) correctly, then that is the case and the sim's info tab is just not functioning properly at that particular time. It might correct itself later in the sim day.

"Days to Transition" (some number) means the sim is aging, the Status report will show "Aging Disabled" if they are not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:36 PM
I managed to unstick him. He's still a teen! Thank you!