Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 3:13 PM
Default Sim gave birth to puppies - Massive bug (couldn’t post in help section via phone)
Hi all,

I’m going to try and keep this story short as I have a headache and thinking about this is making it worse.

Basically I’m doing a generation family, the original dad is a vampire, his wife died at work by burning to death (she wouldn’t put herself), their eldest vampire son had just got married and his wife pregnant, she wanted pets so got two dogs, boy and girl (wanted to see what puppies where like).

While she was pregnant the I took her sister in law (only daughter from original family) on holiday to the jungle. While she was there the pregnant sim went into labour, but didn’t give birth. I assumed it was cause I wasn’t activity her (only just got the jungle game pack a few years ago), so switching back she immedently gave birth, a sign came up for a reward about having triplets, a message appeared about a basket also appeared, however no baby appeared, instead the dog had 3 puppies. I don’t think the dog was pregnant as it not long became an adult dog.

I have MCC (which did flag an error but couldn’t understand the text) and tried to get her pregnant again and repair the whole thing, but only “alien pregnancy was available”, I couldn’t get her pregnant naturally straight away as I decided to get rid of all the dogs (thinking that caused the error) so she was sad, and he was grieving (turned out the mother of one of his illigentiment children died at the same time).

Managed to get them to have a little boy thanks to MCC, I do have a few other mods on but none that effect pregnancy or pets so not sure what caused this.

Other crazy things have happened with this family. Although it’s funny I am concerned about it happening again if I get another pet in future.

(The total household before the “puppies” was the vampire dad, his vampire son and turned normal daughter, the two dogs, the vampire’s pregnant wife and the normal daughter’s vampire child/teen daughter and baby - I did change MCC to allow a bigger household, up to 15).

Also if there a mod that will fix the managing households or the house requirements I.e. no bed
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 5:15 PM
Do you only have MCC or do you have wicked whims? WW was causing this error before their recent update. There is also a mod that is on here that is for teens inheriting traits from parents that also will cause this error. I don't know why it does because it shouldn't conflict with any of that but it does.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:34 PM
I mean I know incest is a common Sims bug but this might be the first instance of beastiality in Sims bug history.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
Do you only have MCC or do you have wicked whims? WW was causing this error before their recent update. There is also a mod that is on here that is for teens inheriting traits from parents that also will cause this error. I don't know why it does because it shouldn't conflict with any of that but it does.

Hi I don’t have WW, just looked up what it even was and deeply regret it lol.

I did have the inherit thing, but added it after she got pregnant I think and removed it before birth as it was being flagged by loading failures by MCC.

Hopefully that is all it was, would be nice to get some pets in the house again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I mean I know incest is a common Sims bug but this might be the first instance of beastiality in Sims bug history.

🤣 I’m glad to have made history, though I had hoped to make history with sims in a more positive way.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 8:16 PM
That's one way to get werewolves

But what do you mean by a mod for "the house requirements I.e. no bed"?

Also as for mods that might cause that: If WW and MCCC are up to date, that shouldn't happen. If you have the control pets mod, make sure that's up to date.
You can try repairing your game via Origin
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CupcakeWitch
That's one way to get werewolves

But what do you mean by a mod for "the house requirements I.e. no bed"?

What I mean by this is I was reading MCC and it said something like, lot invalid no bed, and named some lots. I remember in sims 3 you couldn’t move a sim out if there wasn’t a bed already there, so I assumed that sims 4 had something similar when that appeared.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarvelgirlV2
What I mean by this is I was reading MCC and it said something like, lot invalid no bed, and named some lots. I remember in sims 3 you couldn’t move a sim out if there wasn’t a bed already there, so I assumed that sims 4 had something similar when that appeared.

I know what you're talking about since I've seen it myself in the log that MCCC creates
but I don't think it's really an issue.. I think it's just saying that it won't place any household there since the lot is empty
it happened to me when I bulldozed the entire map of 2 worlds..

in game you don't really have any requirements for residential lots (except for the penthouses lots in SM) besides a mail box (which if you don't place, the game places it for you as soon as you start playing)
you can move in a sim and play on an empty lot without any issues..

the only time you do get requirements is for community lots, where you get a list of stuff that this lot type must have in order to function
the penthouses lots in SM also have requirements of an elevator, and a trash chute (and a mail box like every other residential)