Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 4:20 AM
Default MC Command Center default maximum homeless?
Hey everyone, I'm new to MTS (but NOT new to TS4 lol), and thanks in advance for helping me out.

Got a couple questions about MC Command Center settings:

I just downloaded mc command center for the first time, in order to tweak the lifespan options. However, as I'm going through the population options making sure nothing's going to automatically change my game settings in a way I don't want, I noticed the mc command default for "maximum homeless" (apparently homeless families generated by the game) is -1, and it says the EA default is 5...

The thing is, I *want* the game to generate homeless families as usual (I'm playing a "post-apocalyptic" game where I deleted all the in-world families except mine... so I can really use all the townies the game wants to throw at me, for my sims to socialize with ) - so my question is: which number do I set this to to NOT affect the game's default settings about generating homeless families, so that it's the way it was before I installed mc command center? Do I set it to 5 then? And what does it mean when it's set to -1 (the default)? Is this the same as being set to 0 (no homeless fams generated)? Or does this mean there's no cap on it?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jupneko
Hey everyone, I'm new to MTS (but NOT new to TS4 lol), and thanks in advance for helping me out.

Got a couple questions about MC Command Center settings:

I just downloaded mc command center for the first time, in order to tweak the lifespan options. However, as I'm going through the population options making sure nothing's going to automatically change my game settings in a way I don't want, I noticed the mc command default for "maximum homeless" (apparently homeless families generated by the game) is -1, and it says the EA default is 5...

The thing is, I *want* the game to generate homeless families as usual (I'm playing a "post-apocalyptic" game where I deleted all the in-world families except mine... so I can really use all the townies the game wants to throw at me, for my sims to socialize with ) - so my question is: which number do I set this to to NOT affect the game's default settings about generating homeless families, so that it's the way it was before I installed mc command center? Do I set it to 5 then? And what does it mean when it's set to -1 (the default)? Is this the same as being set to 0 (no homeless fams generated)? Or does this mean there's no cap on it?

Thanks!

Out of MCCC Documentation
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_population :

Quote:
Only generate homeless households up to this number. After that, don't generate anymore until the number drops below it. There will NEVER be zero homeless created. This number limits the homeless FAMILIES generated, not the homeless single-Sim households that are used by the core game for NPC careers and roles. Those are not touched by my code to ensure that the game doesn't break. If the number of homeless in the world (not including retirement homes) is less-than-or-equal-to this setting, then the homeless will not move into a house.

basically it means you don't need to worry about it..
I have it on MCCC default of -1 and I still get plenty of random sims (singles and families) to populate my worlds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:01 AM
Okay thanks!!

I'll try it at the default -1 then.