Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM
Default Extreme Weather Power Outage Mod?
Hi all!

I've never posted in the forums before and I have no real knowledge of modding, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add a mod for power outages to randomly occur during extreme weather (Thunderstorms and Blizzards)? Not all the time, but if there was, say, a 10-15% chance of the power going out for anywhere from, say, an hour to as long as a day?

I know that the City Living expansion added power outages to the game with the electrical box malfunctions, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to trigger that functionality at random during certain types of weather, or to have it come back on randomly.

If a mod like this already exists, I'd be more than happy to download it, but I haven't been able to find one. I'm not against making the mod myself, but I have never made a mod before so I wouldn't really know where to start or how difficult it would be to do. If someone would be willing to take me by the hand and lead me like a child through the modding process, I'd be happy to try and make it myself, or if you want to try and make it, feel free.

I've just wanted this to be a feature of every Seasons expansion ever since Sims 2, and it has yet to be added, but with the functionality added with City Living, I feel like this would be the best time to try it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:49 AM
I where thinking it will happen on game while trying weather machine with thunderstorm, but no, and yes its more real.