Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#16576 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:29 PM
Advertisement
Scholar
#16577 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 4:10 PM
Thank you both @Justpetro & @TychoH - I believe I can edit the ACR controller or something so it works with my aging system but I can't remember how. I'll dig a little deeper into Google to see what I can find. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#16578 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:14 PM
Is there any point in having multiple "best of the best" awards?
Mad Poster
#16579 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

I answered you in your WCIF thread. (It's here if anybody else is interested - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...499#post5478499)

BOTB awards boost the likelihood that customers will want to buy stuff, so place them near things you want them to buy. One of the guides I linked to in the other post suggests putting them near expensive things that you're having trouble selling.
Link Ninja
#16580 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:06 PM
I always noticed customers come around and nod approvingly at those awards but didn't know it actually boosted the likelihood of them purchasing! how neat! thanks for that tip @RoxEllen1965

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#16581 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:59 PM
Ooooh, that's useful! I usually stick it near the register to stop customers from blocking shelves when they do the stand and nod thing. I'll have to experiment by putting Julien's near the more expensive food in his shop.
Lab Assistant
#16582 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:07 PM
Simception
Scholar
#16583 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:11 PM
I usually put it on the counter near the register, Sims would usually nod their heads at it and buy stuff. Most sales work like a charm, too. Might help that I have a lot of Snapdragons surrounding the customers and my Sim doing the register (I don't bother with employees), LOL.
Alchemist
#16584 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What's BCON?
Bulbizarre's link pretty much explained it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16585 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

One of my sims has 8 of them and the customers all say 'ah-ha' eight times before browsing!
Forum Resident
#16586 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:36 PM
I'm playing uni and one of the students has 2 of the required skills for that semester, but their bar is stuck in the lowest point, where they can't even pass. I ran the hack conflict detector and it says there's no problems. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Mad Poster
#16587 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 14th Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM.
This is a purely cosmetic glitch. I don't think anyone knows why it happens, but it's common, it seems to be associated with a lot even if other sims who live on the lot have normal grade bars, and it has no effect on your student's actual grade. If you take the student to a community lot, you'll probably be able to see the true state of the grade bar. I've had plenty of dean's listers with stuck grade bars, so unless there's some particular reason to have a particular grade, don't worry about it.

If it bothers you a lot, move him to a different residence. That clears it up 90% of the time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16588 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 10:50 PM
What causes a baby to have a want to hire a gardener?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16589 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
What causes a baby to have a want to hire a gardener?

Gooseberry bush too prickly?
Mad Poster
#16590 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:47 PM
LOL simsample. I started a save in the empty version of Emerald Heights and created three CAS couples. After I used SimPE to give each family money to move into a house, the first couple had a baby. I generally used Merola's Mind Control mirror to check on the baby's needs, and the baby kept having a want to hire a gardener. It freaked me out so I got rid of the neighborhood. I don't know if something got corrupted (and loose data attached itself to the baby) or if something else happened.
Mad Poster
#16591 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:51 PM
Most likely there just isn't an age limitation on that want.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#16592 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 12:02 AM
I can't use hobby lots in my neighborhood, it's a downloaded map and I made the lots and sims. I don't care much about those lots, but is that a sign my neighborhood is doomed? Has this ever happened to you guys?
Mad Poster
#16593 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 12:16 AM
Are you using empty templates/suppressing the stealth hoods? That's where the hobby lots are, so if you suppress them, you don't have them.

Alchemist
#16594 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:03 AM
Can someone please help me understand objects.package for UC once and for all? Ok, so in the past, I thought I'd found the right objects.package in my program files, but then found that something I was trying to mod wasn't up to date. I did a bunch of research and realized I needed a different objects.package (this one found under Pets, I think), and I thought that was the "recent" one, but now I realize that something I want isn't there. I do see the object I want to extract in the objects.package in Freetime, but sheeeeeeeeesh, is there ONE objects.package in UC that contains all the objects so I can use it to find anything I need to extract or is it just a treasure hunt or what? How am I supposed to be doing this so it's not such a mystery to me?
Mad Poster
#16595 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
LOL simsample. I started a save in the empty version of Emerald Heights and created three CAS couples. After I used SimPE to give each family money to move into a house, the first couple had a baby. I generally used Merola's Mind Control mirror to check on the baby's needs, and the baby kept having a want to hire a gardener. It freaked me out so I got rid of the neighborhood. I don't know if something got corrupted (and loose data attached itself to the baby) or if something else happened.

I've had toddlers want to buy a tree before.
Top Secret Researcher
#16596 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I'm playing uni and one of the students has 2 of the required skills for that semester, but their bar is stuck in the lowest point, where they can't even pass. I ran the hack conflict detector and it says there's no problems. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

@sugoisama I agree with Peni Griffin in that you are likely looking at a cosmetic glitch that is not important, It has happened in my game a lot, however there is a mod that can help some and I use it when I am trying to figure out what sort of grade I can expect.

So If you are wondering what sort of grade a Sim at University is going to get go to Cyjon's web site and download his Debugger http://www.cyjon.net/node/148
It looks like a Pizza Box and with it you can check the Current Grade and the Expected Grade for a University Sim.

Otherwise if the sim's expected grade is low and you know that it is because you checked with the Pizza Box, make sure to have them Do a Term Paper and Do some Assignments.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#16597 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:15 AM
I am having a problem with this Hair, Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly_black, problem is it won't appear on my Sims correctly {problem occurs also with other colours of this style as well}, I have the MESH_NoukShortAndCurly-AllAges file in the same folder that contains the colours. my folder is named "MTS_Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly" I am fairly certain that the complete folder Path is not too long. The other custom hairs in my subfolder of hairs show up like they are supposed to.

I made an arrow pointing to the way the hair looks in the catalog to help point to the right hair.

Please help me figure out what might be wrong and give me some suggestions as to how I can fix it. I don't have any other problem hairs that I know of.

Please keep in mind that I do Not play on a PC, so something that is specific to PCs is not useful to me.
Screenshots

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16598 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I am having a problem with this Hair, Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly_black, problem is it won't appear on my Sims correctly {problem occurs also with other colours of this style as well}, I have the MESH_NoukShortAndCurly-AllAges file in the same folder that contains the colours. my folder is named "MTS_Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly" I am fairly certain that the complete folder Path is not too long. The other custom hairs in my subfolder of hairs show up like they are supposed to.

I made an arrow pointing to the way the hair looks in the catalog to help point to the right hair.

Please help me figure out what might be wrong and give me some suggestions as to how I can fix it. I don't have any other problem hairs that I know of.

Please keep in mind that I do Not play on a PC, so something that is specific to PCs is not useful to me.

Can you link the hair, so we can see if it shows up for us?
Mad Poster
#16599 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:40 PM
That looks like a hair I've had for ages that works fine, and it's odd that machine language shows up instead of the game substituting a base game hair. If a file path is too long it just doesn't get read, right?

Just to be sure, you can test whether the file path is too long by taking the relevant files out and putting them directly into the downloads folder temporarily. If it's still a problem, then I'd suspect that the problem was damaged files and redownload.

Alchemist
#16600 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:53 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 15th Dec 2018 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9

I had this, too. Under the second spoiler. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=hair
It was suggested that the texture was deleted but the mesh was still there. I had also added a CC mod that looked like a box of hair dye and when I deleted it, that fixed it.

NEW QUESTION:

None of my sims have college degrees, so... if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?
Page 664 of 1339