Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#16601 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 18th Feb 2019 at 6:58 AM. Reason: For the posterity of simmers!
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?[/B]

I have questions, too. So I'm trying to start cleaning up my cc hairs and I'm realizing some of the files need to be cleaned up, but I don't know the proper terms to search for tutorials. 1. What's it called when the hair is linked to its related colors? In other words, for some hairs, when I have it selected and then switch to a different hair color, it'll show the same hair but in the different color. What's that called/is there a tutorial for that? In order for hairs to be linked to its related colors, they need to be in the same family. You can change the family in a variety of ways: Tutorial: Binning Hair with the Wardrobe Wrangler, How to Bin Hair Recolours Using SimPE.

Next, for some hairs, I have different colors/textures--some are Maxis Match, other recolors are Pooklet or whatever (because you never know when you need a certain shade ). 2. How do I get them to show up next to each other in the bin? For some reason, some hairs are together and others are all over the place. You can do this by changing the sortindex: RentedSpace's answer to this question, Almighty Hat's more in depth explanation

ETA: Answers to my questions, for search purposes.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#16602 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:46 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Dec 2018 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I had this, too. Under the second spoiler. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=hair
It was suggested that the texture was deleted but the mesh was still there. I had also added a CC mod that looked like a box of hair dye and when I deleted it, that fixed it.

NEW QUESTION:

None of my sims have college degrees, so... if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?

I already stated that I had the texture file and the MESH. I listed their file names.

I remember the box of hair dye thing, I don't think I have it...however does anyone remember the name so that I can make sure easily?

@Sunrader
If you have a college degree and have graduated with highest honours, and you have the required friends and stats ie. Charisma, Body whatever you will start at level 9, if you didn't have highest honours, but you had honours the job level is less, but higher than if you didn't have the degree in that major {I don't recall exactly what level, I think it is at least level 7 though}

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16603 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:48 PM
What's the window box thing called that acts like CCTV on lots?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#16604 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:04 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Dec 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Can you link the hair, so we can see if it shows up for us?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=581930

The Short and Curly One.

I think I might have figured out why I am having my problem, since I went to the download page to get the link and as I was thinking I might need to re-download it. I took time to read the description again {Reading the Description what a concept} I noticed that for the Short and Curly it states that it is slaved "slaved to the Nouk's Long Wavy Hair, so those recolours are REQUIRED", well I do have Nouk's own Long Wavy Hair "Nouk-LongWavyHair-DarkColorsMesh" with her MESH and her textures, but I am thinking maybe Artemida has The Short and Curly hair slaved to her version of Nouk's Long Wavy Hair Textures. Is that a likely explanation?

I try to always read the descriptions and I know what slaved means, but I guess that I thought if I had Nouk's own Long Wavy Hair that it would work. Was I wrong?

BTW thanks for everyone's suggestions, I hope that installing Artemida's version of the Long Way Hair textures will take care of the issue. I will let you all know.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Alchemist
#16605 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM
attached image was left over in the main Storytelling folder when the other base game pictures were move to their respective neighborhoods.
was it supposed to be part of some lot's story?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#16606 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
attached image was left over in the main Storytelling folder when the other base game pictures were move to their respective neighborhoods.
I understand that the picture is of the Riverside neighbourhood, which was used by Maxis during the development of The Sims 2, and that this picture was taken on the Baxters' lot. I presume that it was an oversight that the picture was left in the final version.

Riverside has been re-created by thy the Riverside Group and shared here on MTS.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16607 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

You can see those characters in this video:
Alchemist
#16608 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can see those characters in this video:

"Just about anything you can imagine." Hahahahahahahahaahahaha! I think this guy never met a simmer! We have way freakier imaginations that he thought!
Mad Poster
#16609 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 3:24 AM
@lordtyger9 - Just the latest hairstyling trend in SimNation.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#16610 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 6:55 AM
For other creators- how do you overcome writer's block / blank-page syndrome when it comes to creating for TS2?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#16611 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:19 AM
I'm not, strictly speaking, a creator, but in general - when in doubt, check books out! Go to the architectural section of your library and start leafing through books on styles/periods/places you're not familiar with. Sooner or later a bug will bite you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#16612 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:51 AM
Personally, @Zarathustra, I'd take a break first. I'd do something else completely, like play a different game or catch up on my reading/favorite tv shows, etc. Or I'd just put the project on hold and just play a different aspect of TS2.

Then, when I'm ready, I read about what other people are doing in their games and research topics similar to mine. That usually gets me back in the mood to create--seeing & reading about things I could try or tweak to my liking.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16613 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 11:01 AM
Writer's block gives you a chance to actually play the game!
Instructor
#16614 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Writer's block gives you a chance to actually play the game!

Agree! Sometimes I just play - even with AGS, or new hoods, new challenges etc - and I can see what's missing from my game. Then, of course, if I'm able to make it myself, I go for it.
Alchemist
#16615 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 1:36 PM
PLAYING the game! What a concept! :D

Is anyone willing to try out my Secret Santa project for me? I don't want to reveal what it is here because it's a surprise for someone but it would be nice if someone could try it who isn't me or a Secret Santa participant. It's nothing that could do any harm. PM?
Scholar
#16616 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
For other creators- how do you overcome writer's block / blank-page syndrome when it comes to creating for TS2?

I come to MTS and look in 'Hacks & CC that you'd like to see!' for ideas.
Mad Poster
#16617 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 16th Dec 2018 at 3:17 PM. Reason: add link
I was quite pleasantly surprised when my "ask about family" idea actually became a hack.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#16618 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:02 PM
How to (If possible without reinstalling the whole game) uninstall Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod? I believe certain objects started to be missing because of it.

Instructor
#16619 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How to (If possible without reinstalling the whole game) uninstall Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod? I believe certain objects started to be missing because of it.

I'd say deleting the files you downloaded? It's techincally a normal piece of CC, although it goes to a different folder
Mad Poster
#16620 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
I'd say deleting the files you downloaded? It's techincally a normal piece of CC, although it goes to a different folder

And what these files are called?

Instructor
#16621 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:18 PM
And what these files are called?

Well, I don't use it (although, for some reason, most of my buy/build items are re-binned, lol), but I've downloaded a couple and they all called "zz_Phaenoh_BuyModeCatalogModV2-EP/SP NAME".
I don't know if you have the UC or the disc edition, but I guess searching for "zz_Phaenoh" in the installation folder, should show all the files and you'll be able to delete at once. Just make sure you only erase the Catalog Mod, in case you have other files by Phaenoh that might be there too.
Mad Poster
#16622 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:42 PM
They're not in my download folder.

Instructor
#16623 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:44 PM
They're not in my download folder.
Indeed they don't go there. As mentioned in Phaenoh post, you need to put this files in the TS2 installation folder (usually 'C' driver, not the one in 'Documents').
I'll post a screen for you!

EDIT: if you have the disc version, the path should be this:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Highest Expansion Pack You Have\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
With the UC, instead, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

Here's the screen with the path (please ignore the files inside the folder, most of them are mods/catalog edits and it's normal if you don't have them):
Top Secret Researcher
#16624 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:10 PM
OK this is a Follow up post to my earlier post about hair that was not working correctly, as I finally suspected after reading that the hair was slaved to another longer version, I installed the longer version. Now the Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly Hair is displaying fine. So problem found and fixed.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#16625 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
OK this is a Follow up post to my earlier post about hair that was not working correctly, as I finally suspected after reading that the hair was slaved to another longer version, I installed the longer version. Now the Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly Hair is displaying fine. So problem found and fixed.

Does that mean it was a missing texture?
Page 665 of 1346