3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#16626 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Does that mean it was a missing texture?

Yes and no, meaning that the texture was missing but because it was slaved to another package, not because it was the wrong file or a missing recolor - I should have thought about it, I have those hair in my game lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#16627 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM
Is there a Mod to stop my Sims rolling those pesky hobby wants? The "Toss Football" , "Talk about Hobby" , "Blog about Hobby" , "Write a Novel" and "Smustle Dance" Wants (I swear there's like 100000 more!!!).. Those are all the Wants that my Sims roll. I rarely ever see "Have a Baby" , "Get Engaged to ___" , "Get Married to ___" or any of the other Wants similar to that except "Become BFFs with ___" and "Have 10/30 Best Friends" .... It's getting boring, sadly..

I have Pescado's "nohobbywantspam" in my Downloads/Mods folder but that didn't do anything.. I've also got a Mod that edited the WantTrees, I believe it's this one: http://modthesims.info/d/242431/wan...d-4-3-2008.html which does what I want with other Wants except those hobby ones. I like FreeTime but not those constant Wants.
Mad Poster
#16628 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:33 PM
When you have a multi-tile object with multiple OBJDs, which one is the real one?
Top Secret Researcher
#16629 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 11:11 PM
Would it be a good idea to have SetHighestAllowedLevel 9 in my userStartup.cheat file? if so where should I put it? This is how my userStartup.cheat file looks at the moment:

floatProp tvVolume 0.3
boolprop ControlPets on
boolprop PetActionCancel true
uintProp maxTotalSims 25
uintProp maxTotalHumans 17
uintProp maxTotalPets 8

alias cheats "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true"
alias cheats- "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false"

alias m "MoveObjects on"
alias m- "MoveObjects off"

alias floor- "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"
alias floor+ "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true"

alias angleon "BoolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
alias angleoff "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16630 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 1:25 AM
If you decide to add it, I'd go with 14, since that seems to be the cap.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#16631 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
When you have a multi-tile object with multiple OBJDs, which one is the real one?
Assuming you mean the master tile, it's going to be the one with the Multi-Tile master id of 1 and the Multi-Tile sub index of -1.
Mad Poster
#16632 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:27 AM
I mean the one that has the GUID that does the correct thing when I pass it to Create New Object Instance. Where do I find the multi-tile master ID and the multi-tile sub index? Are they fields in the OBJD?
Instructor
#16633 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is there a Mod to stop my Sims rolling those pesky hobby wants? The "Toss Football" , "Talk about Hobby" , "Blog about Hobby" , "Write a Novel" and "Smustle Dance" Wants (I swear there's like 100000 more!!!).. Those are all the Wants that my Sims roll. I rarely ever see "Have a Baby" , "Get Engaged to ___" , "Get Married to ___" or any of the other Wants similar to that except "Become BFFs with ___" and "Have 10/30 Best Friends" .... It's getting boring, sadly..

Just found this little tutorial on tumblr, if you know your way in SimPE it's quite easy (but it's a step by step tutorial, so you should be ok anyway):
http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...eck-trees-hello
I have Pescado's "nohobbywantspam" in my Downloads/Mods folder but that didn't do anything.. I've also got a Mod that edited the WantTrees, I believe it's this one: http://modthesims.info/d/242431/wan...d-4-3-2008.html which does what I want with other Wants except those hobby ones. I like FreeTime but not those constant Wants.

Well, that's because that mod is called nohobbyspam and disables those annoying pop up "Sim is losing interest in..." or the calls to subscribe to the magazine (although I'm quite sure it's for the first one)
Lab Assistant
#16634 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:23 AM
Unfortunately, hobby wants don't have check trees so my tutorial is useless for them. It's want tree editing or nothing, I'm afraid This mod says it comes with a list of all the changes made, so it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to replicate all their changes in the mod you already use, so you can have the best of both worlds.

(I think nohobbyspam still allows magazine subscriptions? But it stops hobby instructors from barging onto your lot to give you membership to the hobby lot, you just get the popup saying your sim's a member now).

EDIT: Oh and @kestrellyn, yes they're fields in the OBJD. Just scroll down to the mesh & graphics section. I... don't think I've ever needed to create a new object instance of a multi-tile object actually, but using the master tile's GUID sounds right to me.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#16635 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:58 AM
Yeah, nohobbyspam only stops the hobby instructors barging into your house at 3am and standing over your bed waiting to invite you to their lot.
Mad Poster
#16636 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 12:21 PM
One of my favourite moments was a few hoods ago, when the cooking hobby club instructor barged in just as the stove caught fire.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16637 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:16 PM
I mean the one that has the GUID that does the correct thing when I pass it to Create New Object Instance. Where do I find the multi-tile master ID and the multi-tile sub index? Are they fields in the OBJD?

For 'create new object' it's the part that shows in the buy catalogue, usually (but not always) that's the one with the lowest instance and the other parts don't or shouldn't have anything 'ticked' in the catalogue sort.

However that part doesn't have a tile will not normally exist on a lot. If you look at how the game handles the default taxi it uses a different GUID to detect it's existence to what it uses to generate a taxi. For detecting the existence of or making changes to then it is the lead tile that you need. In the Raw Data view tab of the OBJD the lead tile has a value of 1 assigned to the 'Multi-Tile lead object' field.
Mad Poster
#16638 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 4:00 PM
Thanks! I actually don't need to detect it on a lot for what I'm working on, but that's very good to know.
Scholar
#16639 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
This mod says it comes with a list of all the changes made, so it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to replicate all their changes in the mod you already use, so you can have the best of both worlds.

I don't know how to replicate the changes, or what that even means.. What if I switch my Want Trees with the Fewer Hobby Wants and keep the nohobbywantspam Mod? Or is that conflict?

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#16640 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 5:38 PM
I don't know how to replicate the changes, or what that even means.. What if I switch my Want Trees with the Fewer Hobby Wants and keep the nohobbywantspam Mod? Or is that conflict?

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it :lovestruc

Fewer hobby wants won't conflict with nohobbyspam, so if you want to try using both you can.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#16641 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:40 AM
Question about controllers - in my experience of using them, controllers are objects that are created automatically by the game and sit around on lots doing whatever is in their Function - Main function, for eternity. But from looking at the code, it looks like the party controller is actually instantiated by the function that launches the party, and deletes itself after the party is done. The main difference I see is the controllers I've used have a line in the Function - Init function that sets their category to "social plugin controller". So, if you don't include that line, the controller doesn't generate itself on lots by default?
Mad Poster
#16642 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
One of my favourite moments was a few hoods ago, when the cooking hobby club instructor barged in just as the stove caught fire.

*stops* *looks* You know what. Never mind.
Scholar
#16643 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:07 PM
Question about controllers - in my experience of using them, controllers are objects that are created automatically by the game and sit around on lots doing whatever is in their Function - Main function, for eternity. But from looking at the code, it looks like the party controller is actually instantiated by the function that launches the party, and deletes itself after the party is done. The main difference I see is the controllers I've used have a line in the Function - Init function that sets their category to "social plugin controller". So, if you don't include that line, the controller doesn't generate itself on lots by default?

For an item to automatically generate it needs to be set as 'SimType' (0x0007) in the OBJD, controllers that don't automatically generate are usually type 'Normal' (0x0004), this is not just for controllers but for careers, TV stations etc. which also automatically generate just like controllers.
I recently noticed the only difference between the TV station template which does not automatically generate and a real TV station is the value for 'is global sim object' is not set (in the OBJD Raw Data tab) so I guess that also needs to be set.
Lab Assistant
#16644 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:34 PM
It has been a while since I used default replacement for the alien skin, so I was wondering if there is some extra step? I am trying to use this one, and nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong?
Alchemist
#16645 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
It has been a while since I used default replacement for the alien skin, so I was wondering if there is some extra step? I am trying to use this one, and nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong?

For me the most common problem is if I think I removed all the old defaults, but didn't.
Lab Assistant
#16646 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:56 PM
This is a new cc folder though. So there shouldn't be any other default. *sigh*
Mad Poster
#16647 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
For an item to automatically generate it needs to be set as 'SimType' (0x0007) in the OBJD, controllers that don't automatically generate are usually type 'Normal' (0x0004), this is not just for controllers but for careers, TV stations etc. which also automatically generate just like controllers.
I recently noticed the only difference between the TV station template which does not automatically generate and a real TV station is the value for 'is global sim object' is not set (in the OBJD Raw Data tab) so I guess that also needs to be set.

I thought that too, but the party controller is set to SimType.
Mad Poster
#16648 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 7:09 PM
Is there a way to delay ACR's timers when they reach zero? It's often at the worst possible times and when canceled from queue just come up again a minute or two later.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#16649 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 3:52 AM
What's the best way to tell from a BHAV if a sim is asleep? I see "Stack Object's motive Sleep state" as a thing I can compare against, but what is the value of that when a sim is asleep?
Alchemist
#16650 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:00 AM
Stack Object's motive (Sleep state) < Literal 0x0000. If true, the Sim is asleep.
Page 666 of 1345