Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#26 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:42 PM
Oh no, just to get rid of EA's weird categorizing. Like not to have random townies walk through the town with unnecessary clothing, and having most of the clothing fixed in categorizing when it comes to sleepwear, formalwear, etc. Basically getting rid of things that shouldn't be set as random, or shouldn't belong to certain 'groups'.

But I wished I could make the categorizing system deeper in like skirts with skirts, pants with pants, etc. >-<
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Let me guess, you're sorting everything by type. Jackets with jackets, pants with pants etc?

I also think that is a great idea to recategorize cas items! Actually because of s3pe, any catalog item (buy, build, or cas) have similar processes of recategorization. The UISortPriority similarly to Build Buy mode can force sort cas items. It still boggles my mind that HELS clothing is last rather than between WA & AMB. Probably because they didn't know how they would sort stuff packs versus expansions.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Oh no, just to get rid of EA's weird categorizing. Like not to have random townies walk through the town with unnecessary clothing, and having most of the clothing fixed in categorizing when it comes to sleepwear, formalwear, etc. Basically getting rid of things that shouldn't be set as random, or shouldn't belong to certain 'groups'.

But I wished I could make the categorizing system deeper in like skirts with skirts, pants with pants, etc. >-<

Oh, I did that a long time ago. There's this tool, what's it called again, Easy CAST Editor?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#29 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 6:08 AM Last edited by tizerist : 29th Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM.
Nice to see you got the first version released!
I can't check it out cos I'm touring asia for a few months, but when I return to Britain I will.
Oh, what does UISortPriority actually do, anyway?
[edit] oops I should have read the first post, l I think thats why all the showtime objects are at the back of the catalogue in decor sculptures. If that's the reason, I can drastically tidy up my mod. I hope so any way.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 3:53 PM
So glad you are tackling this! I've made a new version of my ea folder so I can test this. Looks great so far. Nothing to add. I'm just super excited to see the next version.

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mspoodle1
So glad you are tackling this! I've made a new version of my ea folder so I can test this. Looks great so far. Nothing to add. I'm just super excited to see the next version.

Thank you for testing it. The second version should hopefully come not too soon. I'm up to the shoulders will school work and the college process, so free time is scarce. The next version will include World Adventures and High-End Loft stuff. Hope that I'll have more free time.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 8:40 PM
Just wanted to say hello and thank you for this mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:02 AM Last edited by TheSimKid : 15th Aug 2017 at 1:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZeeGee
Just wanted to say hello and thank you for this mod!

Hi! I happy to announce that I am continuing to work on this project since it is a very time consuming project. I'm fixing up the base game mod and then going to work on World Adventures. However, I'm still debating rather to move tomb or reward objects to the regular catalog. I think it is better to keep it in buydebug, but it's really up to you simmers!!!

UPDATE!!! I'm working on World Adventures now!!! I'll get to room sort and UISortPriority once I finish the first loop!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimKid
Hi! I happy to announce that I am continuing to work on this project since it is a very time consuming project. I'm fixing up the base game mod and then going to work on World Adventures. However, I'm still debating rather to move tomb or reward objects to the regular catalog. I think it is better to keep it in buydebug, but it's really up to you simmers!!!

UPDATE!!! I'm working on World Adventures now!!! I'll get to room sort and UISortPriority once I finish the first loop!!

For World Adventures: Should relics be categorized with tombs? Should I unlock the actual relics (not mock ups) and put them there too?
For Ambitions: Should inventions (not big ones), sculptures (via sculpting station) be removed from buydebug into the regular catalog?
Reward objects I think should stay in buydebug. They're accessible, but not tempting you to "cheat" the game. ex: Lifetime Reward Objects and Medals/Trophies

Please respond, what you think!
Site Helper
#35 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:02 PM
Sculptures can be in the catalog without being too tempting to cheat. (And I recall that there is one which probably should be if you're ever going to see it.)
Widgets, even improved widgets, are not terribly cheaty to have in the catalog. They don't really do anything. But the ones like the harvester and the floor hygienator do have useful effects. On the other hand, you can usually buy them at a consignment shop, so putting them in the catalog would just save you a trip to the store. If you can buy it from a consignment shop, it makes sense to put it in the catalog.

The decorative relics are more like sculptures than tomb objects. If you are using them for storytelling, the decorative ones are all you need, and if you are building a tomb you can set treasure spawns to produce artifacts. You may not necessarily get the one you were looking for, but you will get something. I think I would leave them as-is. It would be tempting to cheat and buy a complete collection or two if the real ones were unlocked.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 3:08 AM
Thanks so much for responding!

I think I'll pull the Ambitions sculptures out and maybe the widgets too, but large inventions I'll keep in buydebug so if you do need them they're still not hard to access. I'll keep the real relics hidden since if you're storytelling, the decorative ones look identical. But I'm still not sure about reward items, I already unlocked the Culinary career fridge (not really a reward like the food replicator), but objects like the medals and trophies and afterschool club rewards could probably be stuck away in buydebug as well.

The decorative relics might stay there too since it's hard to put a price tag on them and they're easy to find. I just move the relics to tomb objects to make them easier to find as well. I had already decided the NPC cars to stay in buydebug as well (sure you get the fire truck and police car, but they aren't hard to find). Basically anything a storyteller might need that might not seem necessary to put in the main catalog or be hard to put a price to will be in misc. debug, but it depends on the pack.

I'll get cracking on finishing WA (It look less time than I thought, lol) and head straight to Ambitions (SP can come after since they're quick).
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:57 AM
Yes, the buydebug catalogue is not that hard to find, so I think it's a good idea to keep most things in there, like the reward items. It would probably more helpful to unlock objects that are hidden from the catalogue (if there are more of these), but they could stay in buydebug, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:54 AM Last edited by TheSimKid : 24th Aug 2017 at 4:01 AM. Reason: Commercial Objects
Decor Objects
Just a quick question. How do you feel about decor objects being put in categories they actually would be used for IRL?
ex: Crates and Nectar Barrels in Misc. Storage, Clothes Racks and Mannequins in Dressers, Dec. Boats in Boats, Ruin Parts in Rocks, Logs and Stumps in Trees, etc...
Would that be useful or should they stay in decor since they have no function. I'm so torn about it. They could stay in Misc. Decor but I'd see how it looks as I get to later packs with new recats.

ALSO! What kind of objects should be in Community objects? I'm not really sure. There's some big signs (not billboards), cash registers, festival objects, and some other decorative nonsense. Should this become a town decor category or functional items only for special commercial lots?

TheSimKid
Site Helper
#39 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:09 PM
Misc. Deco does get seriously full, anyway. Limiting the extras that go into it sounds like a good idea. It might be a bit annoying to place something that looks as though it has a function when it doesn't, but at least it would have been easier to find it. (And you might be able to play with the Transmogrifier and fix it.) if you are otherwise going to end up significantly increasing the number of items in Misc Deco, it does make sense to put deco objects with the regular ones. Although if someone doesn't have a boat tab (like me) I wonder what would happen with putting the deco boat in a boat tab. (My guess is that once there is something that belongs in the tab, the tab will appear. I seem to remember that happening when I got a CC hot tub before I got the pack that hot tubs came with. )

Don't forget that the community picnic table and picnic basket have a different script than the ones you can buy regularly, even though they are otherwise identical. They need to be kept separate so that it's easy to tell which one you are placing. I think there may have been something else that is different between the community lot version and the home lot version, but I don't remember what (if anything) it was. Otherwise, you run the risk of placing a picnic table on a community lot and having it vanish to your sim's home lot the next time that you load the game, or buying a picnic basket at home and discovering that you can't take it with you when you leave for a picnic.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 3:47 AM
An Experimental Success!!
While working on the next update, I decided to test something out that I could not normally do in S3PE with recats.
Normally with s3pe, you can't recat something to the boat, underwater, resorts or stage prop category unless the object was already in one of those categories.

SO... I decided to test (Thanks to the Simlogical) I used the recategorizer mod and batch resource editor to recat the Late Night gobo lights and dance floors to misc. stage props. Unfortunately it didn't actually recat them, BUT I got access to that hidden area (must have added some code or something?!) and I popped open the package in S3PE and was able to move the objects to misc. stage props!!

Now with this new process, I can move objects to the Island Paradise and Showtime categories!!!!
Hopefully WA and AMB should come very soon and if I have the time *cough* before college starts *cough* I will work on LN!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 6:10 AM
So many things I'd like to see fixed, but without the catalogue open, I can't specify, In the meantime, will DL your mods & check out the possibilities!

The more things that can be removed from Misc Decor & moved to less crowded categories, the better!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 7:00 PM
Just posted an update regarding my return from hiatus. If you have any modding advice on the Sims 3 UI or Hex Editing, people feel free to message me or post on my companion modding forum!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:13 PM
TBH, I think Kuree's CASP Editor allows players to choose their own categorization and permissions for CAS, so if CAS categorization is included, it should be separated from the main package to prevent any conflicts.

One note though- I hope you're considering a non-repriced option, as repricing tends to throw lot prices out of wack- things like starter homes can become unaffordable as most people build them with EA prices in mind.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
TBH, I think Kuree's CASP Editor allows players to choose their own categorization and permissions for CAS, so if CAS categorization is included, it should be separated from the main package to prevent any conflicts.

One note though- I hope you're considering a non-repriced option, as repricing tends to throw lot prices out of wack- things like starter homes can become unaffordable as most people build them with EA prices in mind.

I'll try that out. I'm waiting to hear back on a tutorial for editing hex code as well.
I might to CAS in the future and it will most definitely be a different file as well (CAS is much easier than Build-Buy so I'll do it last).

On the pricing note, that's one of the reasons I didn't like Tizerist's categorization mod. I prefer the object prices stay true to their original. However, I was thinking about pricing some of the debug items like the debug trash bed or some items that have priced equivalent (ala the crates are §200 in the Riverview set so I wanted to match that price). The only thing I'm still conflicted on is some of the reward type objects, some of them are either free, incredibly expensive, or priced strangely (LN celeb TV is super cheap).
Mad Poster
#45 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 6:58 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Apr 2020 at 8:38 PM.
I'll try that out. I'm waiting to hear back on a tutorial for editing hex code as well.
I might to CAS in the future and it will most definitely be a different file as well (CAS is much easier than Build-Buy so I'll do it last).

On the pricing note, that's one of the reasons I didn't like Tizerist's categorization mod. I prefer the object prices stay true to their original. However, I was thinking about pricing some of the debug items like the debug trash bed or some items that have priced equivalent (ala the crates are §200 in the Riverview set so I wanted to match that price). The only thing I'm still conflicted on is some of the reward type objects, some of them are either free, incredibly expensive, or priced strangely (LN celeb TV is super cheap).

Good to know! Thanks for the update!

TBH, I think repricing should be separated into all or nothing options, since these objects are still accessible via Buydebug.

But you're right that the prices are out of wack and often inconsistent- I would personally love most items to be more expensive, just so that wealthy sims have places to put their fortunes into.

The issue is that TS3 makes it trickier- you can almost make anything as visually expensive or as cheap as you want via CASt!
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 10:22 PM
SO... I decided to test (Thanks to the Simlogical) I used the recategorizer mod and batch resource editor to recat the Late Night gobo lights and dance floors to misc. stage props. Unfortunately it didn't actually recat them, BUT I got access to that hidden area (must have added some code or something?!) and I popped open the package in S3PE and was able to move the objects to misc. stage props!!

Thank you sooo much for this explanation! I've been trying to figure that exact thing out for days with no success and this is the only solution I could find. I'm really glad I didn't try this a couple of months ago when your post didn't exist yet. Your solution really is brilliant, trying the Recategorization Helper didn't even occur to me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 8:44 AM
Sorry for the silence, but I wanted to inform that I still have intentions on finishing this! I am in the midst of learning how to build additional categories into the catalogue!
See my companion forum to stay updated regarding the catalogue mod! https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=640475
Page 2 of 2