Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 17th Apr 2018 at 11:48 PM.
Default How do I track down the Custom Content that I don't want or need right now so I could move it to an archive?
I'm trying to track down the Custom Content that I don't need or want right now not only to make the game load and run faster but to make it easier to find the stuff that I want and make room for better content.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 6:53 AM
If there's nothing in Bodyshop to tell you who made it etc. then you'll have to open CC you don't recognise in SimPE and look at the textures to see if they're the ones you want to get rid of. If the mesh isn't named similar to the recolours then you may have to Google to find out which mesh matches them.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:24 AM
Sometimes I put the cc I no longer want into a lot then package that lot, opening with Clean Installer to identify the file name and delete.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:58 AM
1)keep your download folder organized (what you should do) then simply pull out folders that you don't want.
2)Delete unwanted recolours in game. Works with stand alones only.
3) Put unwanted bodyshop CC on a sim and upload them so you can check the file names and do a serach.
4) Do the same but with objects on a bare lot.
5) Open the cc file in SimPE and see what it says.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 9:12 AM
There are at least 2 tools here at MTS that helps you track down your CC; The Clean Installer and the Download Organizer
With Clean Installer you get a list of all your CC stating Name, Type, FileName and Subfolder. I you highlite an individual line in the list you got an image of the texture. You have the oppoturnity to move each file to another folder or even delete it.
The Download Organizer have some more opporturnitys like open in SimPE.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:35 AM
Also, if you're not doing it already, you don't have to put stuff you download immediately in your game's download folder! Just put them in a 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder in your User\Download map on your computer, then only move the stuff you want to test/use in your Sims2\Download folder.
Use the Wardrobe Wrangler or this method to give Bodyshop stuff informative labels (you can see the name of the file you're editing) so you can see in Bodyshop or the game what you don't want anymore and delete it later. This might be quicker than what joandsarah (Jo? Sarah?) suggested.
Use SimPE for the same thing with buy and build objects. You don't even have to label everything, most of the time you want to throw away a set (especially with Bodyshop stuff) so you only need to know one name of one thing. And do everything joandsarah suggested.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:14 PM
What I did was that I took out all the folders and putting them back in one at a time so it would be easier for me to identify and find the cc that I don't want, need,or otherwise are missing meshes that defaults back to the Maxis created content which I have a few of even with the little that I had put in there but i'm also going to use the solutions suggested to me,they sound like they are going to help me out a lot. Thank you MTS for helping me out with my problems and making the Sims a way better game than EA/Maxis intended it to be.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
what joandsarah (Jo? Sarah?) suggested.

It's in my siggy. I am Jo and my daughter is Sarah.

I forget about WW, it won't work on my computer, never has. perhaps I should try it again now that I have a new computer! I am rather used to using SimPE and Clean Installer now though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's in my siggy. I am Jo and my daughter is Sarah.

Aha! I suspected as much. I blocked signatures, I'm easily overstimulated and signatures are often very busy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM
I made that user name when my daughter was just a baby, now she is 16 and has a lot uploaded here!

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 10:39 PM
Delphy's Download Organiser
http://www.modthesims.info/d/227925

It will give you complete details on all your custom content. Helps me eliminate BS I don't want.