Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Cannot access lot as Sim at community lot
I play the Delarosa household and a Sim, Niall, was visiting a community lot that he owned (aka his business lot).

He got stuck in the lift so I used move_objects on* and deleted him. I thought Niall would just respawn if I left the lot. So I left the lot, saved and re-entered the Community Lot but it was in Build Mode with no one there and Live Mode disabled.

I tried to click on his residential lot but it just says "The Sim is on a Community Lot" but obviously when I go there, it's just stuck in Buy Mode.

I went to a different lot and used the Teleporter Shrub and managed to teleport Niall back and move him into a new household but I can't see to reintroduce him to the Delarosa household because I get the error whenever I try to do anything with it.

I have no idea what to do.. Can anyone help?

*I realise now that this was a stupid thing to do
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:19 PM
Next time, instead of deleting, just grab that sim (with moveobjects on) and move it elsewhere.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:12 AM
Hindsight is 20-20!

Is there anything I can do now?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:52 AM
I'll try, but I am not sure I can..
So Niall is now moved in with another family, and you cannot move him back to his own house...because you cannot enter his house, you get an error when you try. Correct?
Do you by chance, have a copy of this community lot he owns, in the Lot and house bin?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'll try, but I am not sure I can..
So Niall is now moved in with another family, and you cannot move him back to his own house...because you cannot enter his house, you get an error when you try. Correct?
Do you by chance, have a copy of this community lot he owns, in the Lot and house bin?

Yes that's right!

The Community Lot he owns is just placed in the Neighbourhood. I don't have a copy in the House Bin.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:02 AM.
Too bad..my idea would have been to bulldoze the community lot, in order to maybe reset Niall and his house lot. The house cannot think a sim is out to a community lot that does not exist anymore.(?) I am not sure this would even work, I hope someone with more knowledge will see and comment. I would not want to be the one who unwillingly help you ruin your game!
Oh and, have you try to send another sim from another family to the community lot? Or even..did you try sending Niall back there to see what happens?
For sure though, you can run Hood Checker...maybe it will find stuff that need to be fix and fix them. Maybe this will help, a bit.
Maybe the Lot Compressor by Chris Hatch, could be helpful to clean the community lot off sim's reference and maybe save your lot...post number 6, go read this...
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:28 AM
Can he go to his buisness lot from where he is now? if he can go to his business lot and use the Magic Wand by Pescado on it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can he go to his buisness lot from where he is now? if he can go to his business lot and use the Magic Wand by Pescado on it.

No When I get him to Walk to Lot the Community Lot he wants to go is grayed out.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:15 PM
I think you should see if you can move whoever is living at the Delarosa lot to the family bin. If you can move them out (I'm not sure you can if a household member is flagged at being at their owned lot), then perhaps that will clear whatever it is that is flagging Niall as "out" and then you can move them back in and then move Niall out of wherever he is and combine him back into the Delarosa household. If it works, you'll have to re-furnish the lot, but at least you'll have everyone back together.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:01 PM
I guess you don't have a backup before this happened? You might still make a backup now so you can try things without worrying about making it worse. I'd probably back up first, then I'd try moving the stuck community lot to the bin so I could maybe save it later. If that doesn't work, I'd try bulldozing the community lot. I'd think getting the family back together will be easy after the community lot is dealt with.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:40 PM
So sorry about that Sunrader, but I must disagree with the idea of moving the might be bugged community lot into the bin. That lot might have sim info within it, and you know that moving that type of lot to the bin is wrong. I would personally not take that chance.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 7:38 AM
Do you have NoSimLoaded and the smarter EP check?

If you move the family out from hood view, it should tell you that the business will be sold - with the family in the bin and the business sold, the lot can be bulldozed.