Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:30 PM
Default Animal Shelter/Rescue mod
My apologies in advanced if this is not the correct place to post this, and for my english not being all that great.

I finally got my hands on cats & dogs expansion and since i've been playing it all i've done is adopting animals. I understand its a game, but i still feel bad for the poor creatures, specially when they are stray and sick, so i adopt them straight away, take them home, treat them and well... it took no time for my house to be full of animals to the point i cant adopt anymore. So i though, okay, i treated their ilness, i trained most of them so they are good behaved pets, basically "rehabilitated" them if you will, would be cool if i could give them to a loving family, so i can then adopt more pets and do the same! So i was happily suprised when i saw you could indeed give pets for adoptions, but not so happy when the game made me feel like what i just did was terrible and my sim ended up with a sad mood, when i was trying to do something good! So thats when i though that it would be a cool idea to have an animal rescuer as a career of sorts!

Basically my idea was:
You take the career and you run the business from home which means:
-All animal food you fill is free (since it would come from donations/sponsors)
-Vet clinic charges you less if you take animals (or you can just treat them at home)
-You get paid for every animal you give for adoption based on their age/how well trained they are
-You get paid daily or weekly based on how many animals youve adopted, how many you are caring for atm and how fast you are training them
-Giving animals for adoptions gives positive moods + increases your pet training skills.

It really would be more of a life style than a career so manybe a career is not exactly what is needed to do this, but sadly i have no idea how to mod or even where to start from so i figured id just leave it here, and maybe someone will see it and maybe make it! Or make something even better since people here come up with stuff i couldnt even dream of!
And i know i could kinda do this with cheat codes, but i really hate using cheat codes, and it doesnt feel right.
Thanks for taking your time to read this!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:40 AM
Bringing this up so people can see it. I love this idea and I hope someone will create this mod, because I would definitely use this mod!
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605557

Pretty well thought out challenge here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
Alright so I am in no way experienced with modding. However I've had a shot at this idea within my own limitations. I have made overrides to the sadness buff when a pet is adopted or sold, if you have the cat or dog lover trait. Instead of being sad, you will now be happy for 6 hours as you have found a good home for your rescued pet.

I have made feeding animals free and reduced the cost of vet treatment by half, expensive treatment is now $375, basic is $75. Spaying is free, think it already was though.

I have also created a five level animal rescue career. You only actually leave the lot once per week for an hour and collect 'reimbursed expenses'. Promotion gain is very fast and the amount of expenses collected increases as you level up the dog training skill.

Thats about as good as it gets from me Im afraid. I am still testing in my game but plan on submitting the career and override mod to MTS tomorrow, keep an eye on the careers section in downloads, it can take a day or two for MTS to approve.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:55 AM
This mod is now awaiting approval from MTS. I have managed to include earning money when placing an animal up for adoption based on the training and traits of the animal. Same function as when earning from selling a pet. I have given you full credit for the fantastic idea in the credits section.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:44 PM
Mod now available at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=608655 😊
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleThistles
Mod now available at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=608655 😊

Left a thank you message on the mod itself but i just have to say it again because you did such an amazing job! Thank you so much! This is amazing!