Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Default How to edit animation?
Hello,
First of all, please excuse my english as it's not my first language

I wanted to change the animation of "drink with permission" for vampires to biting into neck. I just felt that biting into arm is....meh. So I played with XML files and somehow it worked. Vampire asks the sim and if sim agrees, he will do the neck biting.
But I would like to have only the animation of vampire grabbing the sim and biting her/his neck, not the compelling with green swirls etc.

So, is possible to edit the animation? Like cut off the compelling part and leave only biting?

Thanks
Ellie
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellie827
Hello,
First of all, please excuse my english as it's not my first language

I wanted to change the animation of "drink with permission" for vampires to biting into neck. I just felt that biting into arm is....meh. So I played with XML files and somehow it worked. Vampire asks the sim and if sim agrees, he will do the neck biting.
But I would like to have only the animation of vampire grabbing the sim and biting her/his neck, not the compelling with green swirls etc.

So, is possible to edit the animation? Like cut off the compelling part and leave only biting?

Thanks
Ellie

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you'd have to eliminate the opening stage to the "DrinkPlasma" interaction within the Animation State Machine (ASM) file, or at least reroute the flow. The ASM file dictates the stages of animations used and in what order, amoung other things. You can find it in the Sims 4 Studio File cruiser under the Animation State Machine tick box, under the instance code "1B2FF6C7292A3275".

The green swirl particle effect is dictated by the interactions Clip Header file:

Which can be found under the Clip Header tick box in the File Cruiser under Instance "2ACD52C4B714EA33".

I'm not sure how you'd go about editing the ASM file or whether its advisable to do so, but the Clip Header File can be edited by exporting the two corresponding clip files through Sims 4 Studio. You have to import them through Animation Clip Pack section, then adjust the "Events" trigged in each corresponding files Warehouse tab. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure adjusting this would only remove the particle effect and not the animation.

The two files that open the DrinkPlasma interaction are:
a2a_thristMotive_drinkPlasma_soc_success_start_x
a2a_thristMotive_drinkPlasma_soc_success_start_y

Sorry that all got a bit complicated.

Hope this info helps
Screenshots