Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is it possible to change Ages in Package files?
I use Delphy's Sims3Dashboard to check my downloaded .package CC, a lot of the older clothing packages are marked as bad CC due to 'Bad Age'.
If there is something there to identify what ages the clothes are for, it is logical to me there must be away to edit out the 'bad age' and leave the appropriate age to make the CC usable in game.

My mind is not what it once was, and my google-fu has been failing me for weeks looking for a way to repair 'Bad Age' CC, rather than using Delete, If anyone knows how to do this please save my last shreds of sanity and clue me in to the solution
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 9:05 PM
You can open the .package files in S3PE, then click on the CASP resource and the Grid button (around the lower-middle part of the program window) and expand the AgeGender section. Double-click on the properties or click on the little arrow to the right, to switch between True/False to your liking

Most old CC has a problem with outfit categories, like fur coats being enabled for Swimwear. So you might want to check those categories as well.

Oh, and if you click on the CASP resource and have the Preview radio button enabled (again, lower-middle part of the program window), you can preview the contents of the CASP resource (this is applicable to any resource that doesn't require an external program to view). You can view the categories the CAS part is enabled for that way, without using the Grid view.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
You can open the .package files in S3PE, then click on the CASP resource and the Grid button (around the lower-middle part of the program window) and expand the AgeGender section. Double-click on the properties or click on the little arrow to the right, to switch between True/False to your liking

Most old CC has a problem with outfit categories, like fur coats being enabled for Swimwear. So you might want to check those categories as well.

Oh, and if you click on the CASP resource and have the Preview radio button enabled (again, lower-middle part of the program window), you can preview the contents of the CASP resource (this is applicable to any resource that doesn't require an external program to view). You can view the categories the CAS part is enabled for that way, without using the Grid view.

So easy, once you know how! Took less than 30 seconds to repair. Thank you Sweetdevil