Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:16 AM Last edited by redandvidya : 16th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I install sims3packs (specifically, worlds & hair) without the Launcher? (SOLVED)
EDIT: Got it working! But instead of wine, use mono instead. Makes .NET apps like S3PE or delphy's multipack installer work instead of wine.

TL;DR:

I use linux.

Sims 3 works on linux via Steam Play / Proton / Wine.

However, Sims 3 LAUNCHER doesn't work.
How do I install custom worlds without the launcher?

I'm also trying to get my store hairs, but since I can't download them, (duh) is someone willing to give me some of the hairs in package format? I can show you proof that I actually have these hairs, so you won't feel like you're giving to a pirate.

Thanks, and have fun!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
TL;DR:

How do I install custom worlds without the launcher?

I use Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, which is easier to use than it is to type the name of! Its here on MTS for S3P to Package conversions, for almost all my downloaded content. I am not sure If it works for worlds, but if you want to try, I suggest having an empty destination folder first. The s3p may contain dozens of packages.
I also use SP3E for merging multiple packages.

This in not a guaranteed solution, just an idea of how I might go about it, if it doesn't work, you'll have to wait for a wiser head than mine to reply. Dont Panic, MTS has plenty of those

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:32 AM
Does it work for linux?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
Does it work for linux?

Sorry, I dont run linux, and haven't played with it in years., I should have mentioned that... I would assume Delphy's might run under wine or similar, its a single exe. S3PE is more complicated, and requires Microsoft's .Net Framework 4.

Neither have a linux dedicated version. All I can suggest is trying them both under wine.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 2:37 PM
Got it working! But instead of wine, use mono instead. Makes .NET apps like S3PE or delphy's multipack installer work instead of wine.