Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:25 AM
That is one of my favorite things in 3, to watch a sim drive across town somewhere, especially at night.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If they add cars, they will be TS2 styled. No matter how much you'd try, you can't do an open world sort of take a drive to wherever and follow along with TS4 built as it is.

Albeit from that being the obvious part, as open world don't even exist which is in itself is another topic for the day, but someone speculated that cars might just teleport away without driving off, due to the roads being cosplay backdrops. Proven by the fact that Sims can't walk/stand on roads that play fx vehicles. In reverse to TS3, we might only see sims physically entering animation with door and seating animation (or heck, we might not see any of that due to budget cuts) before teleporting away along with the vehicle from the parking spot.

Hijacking the thread a bit, but what can we expect If they were to implement the vehicles? A pre-enlarge toy cars that only serve as transportation means ? Or a restorable car that can be sold once finished and even a way to practice handiness skill even after it's constructed with high definition texture, reflection/transparency and inclusion of detail sharp polygon count?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One Minute Ninja'd
#53 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Hijacking the thread a bit, but what can we expect If they were to implement the vehicles? A pre-enlarge toy cars that only serve as transportation means ? Or a restorable car that can be sold once finished and even a way to practice handiness skill even after it's constructed with high definition texture, reflection/transparency and inclusion of detail sharp polygon count?

The latter would be nice, the former more likely.
Scholar
#55 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
I think cars in TS2 were better. Sure they were pretty useless as far as actual travel goes, but they were much more interactive and detailed. The ones in TS3 look terrible and they don't really have any use apart from speeding up travel time which isn't nearly as useful as it sounds seeing as taxis are free.

Also on Sims 2 the cars have open and close car door animations and you could see the sims actually get inside the cars. On Sims 3 they just teleport inside of them which is pretty disappointing.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:07 PM
It has been ages since I played 2 but couldn't they sit inside the cars and play the radio, and woohoo in them?
Scholar
#58 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Also on Sims 2 the cars have open and close car door animations and you could see the sims actually get inside the cars. On Sims 3 they just teleport inside of them which is pretty disappointing.

There's a car in the store which works a bit like that. I really wish there were CC cars based on that one.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#59 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Yeah that's kind of what I meant...

Yeah it's a shame that EA/Maxis had yet to fix that problem. I think they could've made at least one more patch to tie up all the loose ends. Knowing them though they'll figure out some kind of way to screw it up. I'm kind of shocked that there still isn't a mod that makes them function like the Sims 2 vehicles after almost 10 years.
Page 3 of 3