Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#12776 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I've had homes that, for story line reasons, had no door. Burglars just kind of walk around and around for awhile. Then they disappear.

It's also amusing when there's expensive stuff in the front lawn, like statues...they'll sneak onto the lot...enter the house through the front (or back) door and then sneak out into the garden again to steal the statues

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Scholar
#12777 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Except that almost anywhere in the Sim universe, the burglar would only have to go to the next house to find an unlocked front door. Because, no matter what sort of neighbourhood they live in, Sims almost never think of locking the door before they go to bed. I always thought it remarkable that Veronaville was a place where everyone left their doors unlocked, despite the neighbourhood's reputation for being dominated by feuding between semi-criminal families. But then, they don't lock their doors in Pleasantview, or in Strangetown or anywhere else I can think of.

I suppose that, if they know the burglar will get in anyway, why waste time locking the door? I wonder if putting the wardrobe against the door would stop the burglar getting in.

Yeah, what I was saying kinda changed halfway through. It's not logical anywhere but sims! Maybe the locks are just a courtesty thing? Like, Sims just stay out of there because they're told to? Or the magic lockpicks.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12778 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question: I have a cloned Rod Humble as a townie. For some reason, on any lot where there's a Visitor Controller, no matter what settings it has it'll immediately zap him if he appears. There's no prisoner token in his inventory. What's going on?

No idea and that sounds distinctly odd. Cloned sims should be entirely new sims and their appearance is immaterial. When you cloned him, how did you do it? Did you, in Bodyshop, make a new copy of the sim or did you use the cloned sim's file straight out of SimPE?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12779 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:50 PM
I downloaded it here on MTS, but also ran it through BodyShop myself to be on the double-safe side: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598641

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12780 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by maxon : 21st Mar 2018 at 10:37 PM.
I downloaded it here on MTS, but also ran it through BodyShop myself to be on the double-safe side: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598641

I should imagine this is the problem: "I made this Sim using files extracted from objects.package" - rather than clone the sim with SimPE, they extracted it. It means the sim you have still thinks it's Rod Humble at some level, I think.

I will have a look at that once I get back to the other side of my computer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#12781 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:20 PM
Odd, I would've thought the extra run through Body Shop would've cleaned up anything.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12782 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM Last edited by maxon : 21st Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM.
Well, I had a look at it and I can't see anything particularly wrong with the file - it's a face preset as you would imagine and has calls to all the clothes and other textures - but from what you're saying, there is still some residual connection to the original file in so far as Visitor Controller is picking up on the original sim identity (and if it's doing that, the game could too). That concerns me somewhat since I would worry about what might happen should you try to delete the sim from in game - Rod Humble is a universal. I have no idea though - the person to ask I think would be Chris Hatch. We'd perhaps also want to know how VC identifies sims - I thought it was by internal NID (which worries me more if so).

What the download page said was that the creator extracted the sim from the game files - NOT cloned a sim in SimPE. Cloning the sim from the game files means they probably originally drew a lot of information about the original Rod Humble sim into the working files. Much like you do when you create a default. (and what worries me is, like a default, you perhaps shouldn't delete in game). But, as I said, I don't know.

Mad Poster
#12783 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM
I wondered if the VC might be detecting his name and zapping him because of that. I might try renaming him to Tod to see what happens.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12784 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:04 PM
I wondered if the VC might be detecting his name and zapping him because of that. I might try renaming him to Tod to see what happens.

OK - maybe it was names. I think it is for regular sims though I'm not sure about types. Would be a relief and reassurance if that's so.

Alchemist
#12785 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Side question, do you know any way around the 'four playable households per apt lot' limit?

No, @gwynne, but the "join household" from the bin makes it irrelevant for me. I have my sims all move in together till they are full, so two or even three small households who all know each other might all be renting one apartment, but my goal in apartment/communes is to get all the sims I am interested in playing into the community space together. The apartments are very small and mostly unfurnished, more like storage, for things I need them to do "in private" meaning it can't be done in a communal space (like study their magic book or use their pottery wheel to make stuff to go in their inventory). The communal space has all the bathrooms, a big communal kitchen, and all the fun stuff. It's a pretty happenin place.

The last commune had, I think, 21 living on it, and averaged about 12-13 seen on the community space at any given time when any one household was active. That's about all my current computer could handle.
Alchemist
#12786 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:43 AM.

VC can be tricky to set properly. I've made mistakes with it. But, if you don't trust the version of Humble you have, you could clone him easily in-game with http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572 (just the cloner, no need for the skintone thing). I assume it's safe because it's here. I just tried it to make sure, and it worked very well. Just buy the sculpture, then choose clone neighbor and choose him from the phone menu. He doesn't have to be on the lot or anything. I named mine Ron Humble, just in case there is a name issue. I hadn't thought of it before I saw your question, but I think he'd make a great Zombie Zero for setting off my apocalypse.

Edit: No, I take it back. It is freakin HILARIOUS to see Mr. Humble get turned into a zombie! i happened to be testing my zombie setup so he got cloned into it and... OMG, this is so funny!
Mad Poster
#12787 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:52 AM
In an unmodded game, what would you say the hardest 'things' to get would be (think things like the witches thrones or the voodoo doll)?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#12788 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:08 AM
I'd say the maps to the hidden vacation locations. It's completely chance-based and aside from modding there isn't really anything you can do to affect whether you get it or not.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12789 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:19 AM
It's amazing how much people's games vary isn't it? My sims are forever digging up maps - some of them have 5-6 copies.

Mad Poster
#12790 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:31 AM
Can the vacation maps be sold? A cartography shop would be a cool business to have.

Mad Poster
#12791 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:34 AM
Can the vacation maps be sold? A cartography shop would be a cool business to have.

I'd assume so? You can delete them from your inventory for a profit, or you can take them out of your inventory and display them on a wall or on a table (they grow a cool little metal stand when you do), so it seems like you should be able to mark them for sale...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#12792 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:11 AM
In my game I get the secret maps 62% of the time because I usually get the bones or rocks (maybe a scant household item). But the hardest thing to obtain is the buried treasure; I got it twice (if I can remember correctly, back-to-back in my sims backyard) and I sold them. I think it's worth $50,000 or somewhere around that amount. After that they never appeared in my game again :/

The witch throne and voodoo doll aren't hard to get, however, if I make my sims build up their magic abilities/friendship with the witch doctor. And also I got the genie lamp multiple times in my game but I never really used it, the side effects don't interest me.
Top Secret Researcher
#12793 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:35 AM

I have maps as some painting recolour but I can't tell you where I got them right now. Dunno if they're similar to what you want as I don't have BV.
Top Secret Researcher
#12794 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:10 AM
I was mistaken - I checked the Manipulator and couldn't find anything about the family trees. It was on the InSimenator instead. Sorry about that.

@ihatemandatoryregister

I have the InSIMenator installed in this path, but I could not find it in game.
/Users/*****/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads/ObjectMods/InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 OBJ Edition/InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 OBJ Edition.package

Now that I am thinking about it I might have too long a path, so I am going to shorten the path and try looking again. Mac's have a really long Path that we have to deal with. So in this case I just put it loose in the /ObjectMods/ folder

Can you think of any other reason that it was not showing up in the Buy Catalog?

While I am typing this I wanted to ask, where is the InSIMenator located in the Buy Catalog? It will help if I know where to look for it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#12795 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:24 AM
@lordtyger9 - it should be under Electronics/All, if I'm not mistaken.

Mad Poster
#12796 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:29 PM
it is. It's right at the beginning.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#12797 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:51 PM

Yes, Electronics/All, the little tree in the blue vase, at the beginning with all the other insim objects.
Scholar
#12798 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:06 PM
I may end up regretting this but ... any guesses on what this mod is? (Cleaning up my mods folder)

WooHoo.package 308 10/13/2006 21:56

I already have Inteen and ACR, and the capitalization suggests it's not a pescado hack. Google isn't helping.
Top Secret Researcher
#12799 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:37 PM

Thanks all that responded. I did find it under Electronics/All I appreciate everyone's help. This is a marvelous site and I think you all are great.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Yes, Electronics/All, the little tree in the blue vase, at the beginning with all the other insim objects.

I found the right part for Family links, the little tree in the blue vase, and it did the job I wanted on the Pets that were related. Now they are not. Yay.

Good thing I asked as I almost never look in the All sections. It might have been there at the start, I don't know as I had not looked there.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#12800 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Does anyone know whether the package files that are directly in the Downloads folder are loaded first or last?

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Page 512 of 1339