Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:49 AM
Default Missing options on birthday cake
Since two days I noticed the option to "add birthday candles" and blow them out is missing for some sims.

I removed all mods, but the problem persisted. Removed all CC, the problem persisted. Removed the cache files, the problem is still there.
The odd thing is it's not in all households. It's only in some.

My game is updated to the 1.36 patch (no pets EP installed). All mods are, according to their creators, up to date. I've been playing fine up until two days ago. The only thing that happened then is I updated MCCC to the 4.0.0 release.
I tried reverting back to 3.9.6 but that didn't solve it.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 2:44 AM
It's been a known bug for ages - just try placing the cake on separate parts of the surface, or completely different surface.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:20 AM
Its not really a bug, it's just they are picky where to place the cake, just keep moving it around and click on it again, on a dining table in front of a chair or on the counter is good choice, and sometimes even on the floor works, birthday options will soon come up along with wedding options also.
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
It's been a known bug for ages - just try placing the cake on separate parts of the surface, or completely different surface.

EA said it was fixed in the 1.28 patch, so I thought it would have been fixed. Apparently not...
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Its not really a bug, it's just they are picky where to place the cake, just keep moving it around and click on it again, on a dining table in front of a chair or on the counter is good choice, and sometimes even on the floor works, birthday options will soon come up along with wedding options also.

So, if options don't show up it's not a bug? That's strange... In my mind a bug meant: "an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways"... But I seem to be wrong in that idea... Thank you for putting me in my place. It won't happen again!

As for the options to show up, there's not really anything that's working definitely. Sometimes a slot works, sometimes not. Sometimes a counter works, sometimes not. I've had to buy quite a few new counters and tables just to get the option "age up" to show up one time. As soon as it happened the option seems to go away for that slot. But since it's not a bug or glitch this thread can be closed.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:40 AM
Drag it into the fridge and back out a few times, try different surfaces... I get that too sometimes but it always ends up working in the end. Can be mega frustrating though ...!
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:37 PM
It can be twice as frustrating if your planning on aging up a toddler, when it's placed suitable position for a child and adult to use, you may have to be move yet again if your toddler can't ask for help to age up.