Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 10:13 AM
Default Modding Body Shape Icons/Images in CAS
Morning, everyone.

After looking around for mods that censor the less modest outfits and illustrations in the game, I decided to make one myself and decided to start by editing the body shape icons/images in CAS.
I could find plenty of tutorials about editing other outfits, however, I could not find tutorials about that nor find the body shapes in modding tools.

Pointing me to where to start will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Do I need to have a signature?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 12:25 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th Jun 2019 at 1:45 PM.
You mean the body preset thumbnails - the pictures showing the body shapes that you can pick for your sim? I think those are generated by the game when you first go into that section of CAS, but you should be able to override them. I can look into pulling the images into a package for you to replace them with your own images. Do you know how to use s4pe? Sims 4 Studio might do it too if you're familiar with it.

Edit: I was wrong, naturally. The thumbnails are in the game files but as far as I know there are no tools to override them specifically so we have to improvise a bit. Sims 4 Studio is probably the easiest way to do it, especially if you already use it.

Tools / Create empty package,
Tools / Game File Cruiser,
Check the box for Body Part Thumbnail,
Scroll down until you recognize the whole body preset thumbnails, (This can take a little searching and you'll just have to look for them)
You should only have to replace the ones with Group 00000003,
For each one you want to replace, click on it to select it, then click Add to Current Package,
When done, you can save the package and close Game File Cruiser.
Then for each thumbnail in your package, replace the image with your own png using the Import button. You can export the game's image first and modify it or just make your own from scratch as long as it's the right size. (Must be 104x148)
Save the package and put in your mods folder.

You can also use MorphMaker to clone default replacements for all the Body presets, replace the thumbnails, and finally use s4pe to delete the preset resources and leave only the replacement thumbs. If you prefer that I can give more detailed instructions if you need them.

Hope this helps!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You mean the body preset thumbnails - the pictures showing the body shapes that you can pick for your sim? I think those are generated by the game when you first go into that section of CAS, but you should be able to override them. I can look into pulling the images into a package for you to replace them with your own images. Do you know how to use s4pe? Sims 4 Studio might do it too if you're familiar with it.

Edit: I was wrong, naturally. The thumbnails are in the game files but as far as I know there are no tools to override them specifically so we have to improvise a bit. Sims 4 Studio is probably the easiest way to do it, especially if you already use it.

Tools / Create empty package,
Tools / Game File Cruiser,
Check the box for Body Part Thumbnail,
Scroll down until you recognize the whole body preset thumbnails, (This can take a little searching and you'll just have to look for them)
You should only have to replace the ones with Group 00000003,
For each one you want to replace, click on it to select it, then click Add to Current Package,
When done, you can save the package and close Game File Cruiser.
Then for each thumbnail in your package, replace the image with your own png using the Import button. You can export the game's image first and modify it or just make your own from scratch as long as it's the right size. (Must be 104x148)
Save the package and put in your mods folder.

You can also use MorphMaker to clone default replacements for all the Body presets, replace the thumbnails, and finally use s4pe to delete the preset resources and leave only the replacement thumbs. If you prefer that I can give more detailed instructions if you need them.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you a lot! This helped me a lot!

If you do not mind, can you give me more details on the last bit you mentioned? And would you suggest it over the first method? Thanks and thanks again in advance.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 5:27 PM
Sure!

To use MorphMaker (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=613061)

Run MM and go to the "Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package" tab,
Go to the "Add/Edit CAS Presets" tab,
Click the "Clone CAS Presets" button,
A big long list will pop up. You'll probably have to make the window bigger to see the selection boxes on the right-hand side.
Click on the Region column header at the top of the listing to sort by region,

Scroll through the Body presets and check the select box for the ones you want. Some have names but you'll have to guess at others. Look at the species; you won't want the dog and cat presets. Look in the AgeGender column, it gives the ages (P for toddler, C for child, T for teen, Y for young adult, A for adult, E for elder) and the gender (M, F, or U for unisex). The frame column gives the frame gender. I'm not sure about the toddler presets - none of them seem to have body modifiers but there are toddler body presets in the game so I'm not sure if they work differently or what.

Once you've checked all the presets you want, look down at the bottom of the window, select the Default Replacement option, and click Clone Selected,
You'll now see a list of presets on the left, and in the upper right is the button to Set Preset Thumbnail. Click it for each one and you can replace the image.
When done with each one, click Save Preset.
When done with everything (or needing a break), save the package.

Last, you should use s4pe to remove the preset resources:
Open the package with s4pe,
Select all the entries with tag CPRE, right-click, and click Deleted,
Save the package.

You don't really NEED to remove the preset (CPRE) resources but if you ever download a mod that replaces EA presets they'll conflict with it. If you intend to upload this you definitely should remove them.

Both methods are kind of tedious. I can't really recommend one or the other, just depends on which tool you feel more comfortable with.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Sure!

To use MorphMaker (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=613061)

Run MM and go to the "Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package" tab,
Go to the "Add/Edit CAS Presets" tab,
Click the "Clone CAS Presets" button,
A big long list will pop up. You'll probably have to make the window bigger to see the selection boxes on the right-hand side.
Click on the Region column header at the top of the listing to sort by region,

Scroll through the Body presets and check the select box for the ones you want. Some have names but you'll have to guess at others. Look at the species; you won't want the dog and cat presets. Look in the AgeGender column, it gives the ages (P for toddler, C for child, T for teen, Y for young adult, A for adult, E for elder) and the gender (M, F, or U for unisex). The frame column gives the frame gender. I'm not sure about the toddler presets - none of them seem to have body modifiers but there are toddler body presets in the game so I'm not sure if they work differently or what.

Once you've checked all the presets you want, look down at the bottom of the window, select the Default Replacement option, and click Clone Selected,
You'll now see a list of presets on the left, and in the upper right is the button to Set Preset Thumbnail. Click it for each one and you can replace the image.
When done with each one, click Save Preset.
When done with everything (or needing a break), save the package.

Last, you should use s4pe to remove the preset resources:
Open the package with s4pe,
Select all the entries with tag CPRE, right-click, and click Deleted,
Save the package.

You don't really NEED to remove the preset (CPRE) resources but if you ever download a mod that replaces EA presets they'll conflict with it. If you intend to upload this you definitely should remove them.

Both methods are kind of tedious. I can't really recommend one or the other, just depends on which tool you feel more comfortable with.

Thank you a lot for the info! Your messages were of great help!