Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Pytti : 9th Sep 2019 at 10:52 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flickering graphics
Hi!

So i have problems with flickering graphics. Most noteably in neighborhood view, Belladonna Cove is one flickering mess but also during gameplay, rugs under objects are very flickering. Rugs with no objects over doesnt flicker at all though.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing it?

My grapics card is recognized, ive made sure to fix that.

Thanks in advance :lovestruc

Edited and added config log

Will add photos later when got the opportunity!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  LEGIONY520T-config-log.txt (10.3 KB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 10:10 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Sep 2019 at 10:21 AM.
Can you list your computer specs?

If you can take a screenshot of it happening, that would be helpful too.

On lots, is it mostly a problem with rugs? If so, only when you have placed them with cheats? That may be due to a common issue, fixed with a hack that lifts the rugs up from the floor, available here on MTS.
http://modthesims.info/d/399650/rugs-zmog-off-grid.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you list your computer specs?

If you can take a screenshot of it happening, that would be helpful too.

On lots, is it mostly a problem with rugs? If so, only when you have placed them with cheats? That may be due to a common issue, fixed with a hack that lifts the rugs up from the floor, available here on MTS.
http://modthesims.info/d/399650/rugs-zmog-off-grid.html

Added the config log

Yes on lots its the rugs, but the thing is i got that hack already
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:33 PM
The hack only works on default rugs and rugs made with the fix. Older rugs may not work with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 11:41 AM
After looking into it more closely its only certain objects in neighborhood view that flickers, its the alleys objects and the pond. Does anyone else got these issues?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The hack only works on default rugs and rugs made with the fix. Older rugs may not work with it.

Yes, i know that and i only got default rugs and rugs made with the fix
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pytti
After looking into it more closely its only certain objects in neighborhood view that flickers, its the alleys objects and the pond. Does anyone else got these issues?

They usually flicker when placed so they intersect with the ground. The flickering is the game trying to decide whether to show the object or the ground underneath. Rugs not fixed with the mod have the same issue when placed off-grid. Happens with most flat objects that are exactly on level with the ground.