Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 20th Sep 2019 at 10:14 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cleaning Possible Super Hug Bug from Older Lot
I'm in an active Sims 2 group on FB and one of our members reported that she just got the SDHB from this lot with the Tricous. https://maranatah.livejournal.com/97228.html
I haven't tested it myself, yet, to see if it's really there, but I'm interested in testing and in cleaning the lot and/or extracting the sims in a safer way, if necessary.
I've read all about SDHB and I think understand what it is, what causes it, how it spreads, etc... but I'd like to check if there's any up-to-date info on cleaning lots before messing with a potential carrier.

For example, I know that @Chris Hatch has said LotCleaner can take care of it (btw, is this the most up-to-date link for that) and read about checking the OETreeDelete.xls, but I have seen no definitive information about whether using a clean game folder to clean lots isolates the bug from your game or is effective for people who know they have the bug (I don't, but I want to know this info. I see threads where people say it works, but it seems counter-intuitive to me, so I'd like to clarify). I'm also still not entirely sure if NSL actually eradicates the SDHB controllers or just stops them from acting somehow. I'm willing to look into all of this more and to check this lot, if I can be sure my own game is safe, so I'd like any information that can help me do that.

Also, if anyone else more experienced and confident about this would like to check the lot, instead, I'd love to know if it has the bug or not.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 11:26 PM
We think a clean game containing No Sim Loaded + Smarter EP check cleans it, but the add on is more effective. With the first method, I have heard, yes absolutely clean and also no, still there. The SDH is just one of those slippery creatures, which is why it got named the sim herpes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
We think a clean game containing No Sim Loaded + Smarter EP check cleans it, but the add on is more effective. With the first method, I have heard, yes absolutely clean and also no, still there. The SDH is just one of those slippery creatures, which is why it got named the sim herpes.

This would indicate the NSL actually deletes the controllers, is that right, though? Also, for NSL to work, doesn't it need to go live? I'd feel safer with CH's tool if he confirms that's the way the go. What do we know about a person how has the bug creating a new clean game folder... effective or not?
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
This would indicate the NSL actually deletes the controllers, is that right, though? Also, for NSL to work, doesn't it need to go live? I'd feel safer with CH's tool if he confirms that's the way the go. What do we know about a person how has the bug creating a new clean game folder... effective or not?

Yes the NSL idles for twenty ticks before it runs so live mode is required, the lot cleaner is designed to clean the lot in buy/build mode for community lots.
The following is a list of stuff that is in that lot that either I know is cc or is not familiar to me so I assume it's cc. The last three are not cc but are serious cause for concern.

Slacker (Vampire Friendly)
Show Business (Vampire Friendly)
Science (Vampire Friendly)
Politics (Vampire Friendly)
Paranormal (Vampire Friendly)
Natural Scientist (Vampire Friendly)
Military (Vampire Friendly)
Medicine (Vampire Friendly)
Law Enforcement (Vampire Friendly)
Culinary (Vampire Friendly)
Criminal (Vampire Friendly)
Business (Vampire Friendly)
Athletic (Vampire Friendly)
Artist (Vampire Friendly)
Taxi Driving
Stay-at-Home Parent
Social Services
Repair
Post Office
Pizza Delivery
Gardening
Firefighting
Pest Control
Cleaning
Bartending
Controller - Salvaged PersonGlobals Crap
Gameboy Classic
Controller - TwoJeffs Visitor Controller
Controller - Triplets & Quads Adjuster
Teleport Controller
Surfing Interaction
Controller - Squinge - Rub Belly
Poison Controller
Poison
Main Controller - Gypsy Potions
Controller - Clothing Change
Controller - FFS Skillinator
Controller - Squinge - Poses
BadHabits
MQ_Child_Support_Controller_Pie
MQ_Child_Support_Controller_Accts
MQ_Child_Support_Controller
MQ_Child_Support_Controller_A
MQ_Child_Support_Controller_B
MQ_Auto_Payment_Controller_A
MQ_Auto_Payment_Payer_Bills_Controller_A
MQ_Auto_Payment_Payer_Bills_Controller_A1
MQ_Auto_Payment_Payer_Bills_Controller_A2
MQ_PlantSims_Controller_A
MQ_SimsWA_Controller
MQ_Computer_Private_School_Fees_Controller
MQ_Computer_Global_College_Controller_A
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_001
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_002
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_003
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_004
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_005
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_006
MQ_Computer_Bank_Controller_007
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_4
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_3
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_2
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_1
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_1A
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_1B
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller_1C
MQ_Computer_Bank_Bills_Controller
Period Controller
Display Period Stats
Macrotastics Launcher
Social Menu v2.9
Jealousy Controller v2.9
Budget Controller v2.9
Lot Controller v2.9
Penal System
ijPrisonGlobals
Simlogical Prep School
Simlogical Flexi School
Simlogical Boarding School
Controller - Squinge - Feed Baby
Controller - FFS Encouragificator
Phone Call - Sim2Sim - AutoYakYak
Controller - AutoSocializer
ACR - Phone Call - Booty Call
Controller - ACR - Sofa Socials
Controller - ACR - Photo Booth
Controller - ACR - Main
Controller - ACR - Hot Tub Socials
Controller - ACR - Bed Socials

GraveMarker
Grim Reaper
Resurrected $Subject
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 8:46 PM
Wow, thank you so much, @Chris Hatch! So it looks like, however suspect, that it did not contain Super Duper Hug Bug, right?

I'm not a fan of NSL, myself, and strongly prefer your program. Can you please say if you have determined if a newly generated clean game folder is actually helpful in cleaning lots when a game is already infected AND/OR if using a clean folder when cleaning lots when a game is not infected will isolate the problem and prevent any issues in a clean game? Does it function like AGS? In short, does using a clean newly-generated game folder make sense in this context or not?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 4:40 AM
Just be aware the SHB can also comes about from pulling a social mod not just lots and it's easy to do so without thinking. I got it originally from a kiss check mod on here. It didn't work as advertised, I pulled it out and got the bug. While most creators are aware of it now and should be making their mods to not cause the SDH bug you never know with a new creator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 3:03 PM
That lot has two instances of the Social Download Test (Super Duper Hug). A&N is immune because I completely removed the Social Download Test so it contains nothing with that GUID, so what I have is a replacement mod that gives me a message to let me know the lot is infected before self deleting.

Although a super clean environment isn't required, one without any mods, custom socials, foods, careers, schools or TV stations is desirable as they do get caught up with lots. If you have any custom socials one could be one of those that causes the Super Duper Hug bug, in which case it would also mask it's existence from you. Custom furnishings, recolours, clothes etc. are safe enough.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just be aware the SHB can also comes about from pulling a social mod not just lots and it's easy to do so without thinking. I got it originally from a kiss check mod on here. It didn't work as advertised, I pulled it out and got the bug. While most creators are aware of it now and should be making their mods to not cause the SDH bug you never know with a new creator.

Jo, yes, I know. That just wasn't relevant to this lot. This is my first time really researching the issue, but now that I know, I'll also be looking at any social hacks in SimPE to see what they do. I almost always open new downloads to see how they work before putting them in my game, anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That lot has two instances of the Social Download Test (Super Duper Hug). A&N is immune because I completely removed the Social Download Test so it contains nothing with that GUID, so what I have is a replacement mod that gives me a message to let me know the lot is infected before self deleting.

Although a super clean environment isn't required, one without any mods, custom socials, foods, careers, schools or TV stations is desirable as they do get caught up with lots. If you have any custom socials one could be one of those that causes the Super Duper Hug bug, in which case it would also mask it's existence from you. Custom furnishings, recolours, clothes etc. are safe enough.

Oh, so it does have it! Ok. I didn't see it in the list, so thought it didn't. So it sounds like the clean environment is helpful for cleaning lots, but does nothing to isolate your game from the problem.