Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#8376 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
there also be "door-to-door" business types. main lot could be treated like a warehouse.
maybe also carpool equivalent. perhaps off-screen money increases if played household has 1 or more sim with that.
maybe some chance of characters with either job coming to played household selling various things.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8377 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
there also be "door-to-door" business types. main lot could be treated like a warehouse.
maybe also carpool equivalent. perhaps off-screen money increases if played household has 1 or more sim with that.
maybe some chance of characters with either job coming to played household selling various things.

You can teleport the door to door sim and make it selectable?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
#8378 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:53 AM
Something to make doors work even if they're on a tile with another door. Barring that, something to make nonworking doors visually the same as working doors, so I can at least decorate the lots I'll never actually play the way I want to.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#8379 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
Is there anything like a "roof fix" that prevents snow (and other elements) from appearing in rooms that only have roof over them and not additional flooring/ceiling tiles? (hope this makes sense)

Snow shouldn't be coming in under those circumstances. Are you sure that the roof covers the entire space and that there isn't a gap?
Alchemist
#8380 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I would love to see a mod that any employee can be made the storemanager. No badges needed.

There is one by squinge, but I stopped using it because I was experiencing a weird hang up where, if the manager had been assigned a task before promotion, I couldn't get them to drop/stop what was their queue, even after resetting them. And then after awhile they just be stuck.

Of course, I could have a conflict that I couldn't find or it could be vanilla behavior I hadn't seen in a long time.
Ymmv: Promote any employee to manager

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#8381 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:00 PM
I don't have that mod and I have the same issue. Once manager I can never get through to them, very annoying but haven't had the energy to figure it out yet.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#8382 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
There is one by squinge, but I stopped using it because I was experiencing a weird hang up where, if the manager had been assigned a task before promotion, I couldn't get them to drop/stop what was their queue, even after resetting them. And then after awhile they just be stuck.

Of course, I could have a conflict that I couldn't find or it could be vanilla behavior I hadn't seen in a long time.
Ymmv: Promote any employee to manager

I have found a workaround with the insim. Make the employee selectable and promote him/her to level 2 with the career adjustor of the insim.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Link Ninja
#8383 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:18 PM
Formal suits for female sims. Maybe they already exist but I hadn't seen any.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#8384 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM
It would be nice if there was a mod that detects whether a counter is in the same room with a bar and prevents food being served on it. The Londoste restaurant in the default Maxis Downtown is a good example of this. The restaurant is at one end of the building and the bar with its accompanying counters and stools is at the other. Customers will still order food sitting at the bar and the waiters will happily serve them there. Food service should stay in the restaurant and not get in the way of the bar patrons!
Mad Poster
#8385 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:07 PM
I know that this is a unfillable want, but I'd like one that would announce the presence of another sim on a lot who's just arrived. I don't want to use the in-game 'special camera' to find they've just gotten there-a text message would do fine.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8386 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I know that this is a unfillable want, but I'd like one that would announce the presence of another sim on a lot who's just arrived. I don't want to use the in-game 'special camera' to find they've just gotten there-a text message would do fine.

Something like "Andrea Hogan is on the lot - [walking/jogging/kicking the trash can/stealing the newspaper]"?
Mad Poster
#8387 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Formal suits for female sims. Maybe they already exist but I hadn't seen any.

They do. I have both suits and tuxedos for females. Unfortunately the only clue I have on the mesh is Mel and that gives me nothing on Google. DX
Alchemist
#8388 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:16 AM
Mel is Rented-Space, IIRC.
Forum Resident
#8389 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:29 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:01 AM.
I'd like to see more social interactions tied into the bar. When multiple sims are drinking at the bar, there should be socials that are available. And why not have a sim be able to buy another sim a drink? I mean, that's already in the game, with "order coffee for..." even though it usually doesn't work and somebody else winds up stealing your intended's beverage. But I still think that bars are horribly under-social. How about clinking glasses /cheers? A toast? How about some flirtations? How about some joke options? How about telling "fish-tales" /exaggerated bragging? Chugging? Shots?

EDITED TO ADD:
What better place than a bar, to teach all your buddies that sea chantey you learned on your last vacation to Twiikii Island? The "beer goggles" idea is a riot! haha! Jokes and Story Telling should be autonomous group activities that'd include everybody sitting at the bar or maybe anyone with a drink. Some sims could react with that overly dramatic laugh, while others just snigger, and a few Doubting Thomases could give it that, "Baaah!" disgust sound (maybe depending on logic and/or grumpiness?).
END EDIT

And... while i should probably break this into a second post... why are things like pillow fights and tag limited to only 2 sims? It's ridiculous, that you can't have 3, 4, 5 sims involved in a pillow fight. A simple "Join" interaction... the anims are already there. That always bugged me.

Anybody care to expand, feel free!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8390 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It would be nice if there was a mod that detects whether a counter is in the same room with a bar and prevents food being served on it. The Londoste restaurant in the default Maxis Downtown is a good example of this. The restaurant is at one end of the building and the bar with its accompanying counters and stools is at the other. Customers will still order food sitting at the bar and the waiters will happily serve them there. Food service should stay in the restaurant and not get in the way of the bar patrons!

But you can order food in bars in real life, and in real life restaurants if you show up by yourself or with a small party and the restaurant is full you're usually encouraged to sit at the bar and order your food there.

And yeah, there should definitely be social interactions tied to bars. I like running lots with bars, but the sims so rarely use them and when they do the animations/interactions are boring.
Mad Poster
#8391 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:54 AM
I really just want a social interaction for the bar swiped from the espresso machine: Buy Sim a Drink.

Maybe there's a guy or girl out there who got through college and went to bars and never had anyone try to buy them a drink. But I sure don't know them, and I didn't hardly ever go to bars! A couple times with girlfriends, then with my boyfriend/fiance/husband a few times. (Smoking was still allowed in all the 'good' bars in my college town. I couldn't dance for coughing.)

The sim offered a drink should reject or accept based on friendship, aspiration, and attraction combined. A sim should let their bestie buy them a drink no matter what. A romance or pleasure sim should be more inclined to accept a drink from a sexy stranger than a family or fortune sim. If there were some way to code for previous consumption . . . beer goggles would definitely be funny on the attraction side of things.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#8392 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:35 AM
I'd like a mod that gives sims an 'Infertility' token randomly. I know you could make the sim have miscarriages multiple times, but I would want it to be random.
Alchemist
#8393 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:46 PM
an in-game way of switching between full-screen/windowed; instead of having to quit game and change desktop shortcut.
Mad Poster
#8394 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I'd like to see more social interactions tied into the bar. When multiple sims are drinking at the bar, there should be socials that are available. And why not have a sim be able to buy another sim a drink? I mean, that's already in the game, with "order coffee for..." even though it usually doesn't work and somebody else winds up stealing your intended's beverage. But I still think that bars are horribly under-social. How about clinking glasses /cheers? A toast? How about some flirtations? How about some joke options? How about telling "fish-tales" /exaggerated bragging? Chugging? Shots?

In SimPE, there are unused wants and fears for buying drinks for other Sims. So it was at least intended at some point. I wonder if it's something that could be modded?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#8395 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM Last edited by clsve : 21st Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
In SimPE, there are unused wants and fears for buying drinks for other Sims. So it was at least intended at some point. I wonder if it's something that could be modded?

I think it's possible and not so difficult to make an addition to the bar's Pie Menu and to code an Action BHAV (copied from the Espresso Machine with a change of the Espresso Cup to Bar Tumbler). The problem would be to code the Guardian BHAV - whom should the Sim be able to buy a drink to, what ages, gender, relationship, on what lot and so on.
Mad Poster
#8396 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM
A program to disable certain mods so that you don't have to take 'em out of the folder. Very quick and clean especially for those that have thousands and thousands of cc and hacks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Link Ninja
#8397 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:05 PM
Ooh like a mod manager! I have something like this for Skyrim where I untick the box next to a list of mods and it will run the game without it. It'd be suuuuper useful for sims 2, I agree.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

just a girl
#8398 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:46 PM
S2 Clean Installer does this, no? When you untick a package, it changes extension to .off so the game doesn't read it. I took this idea from CI and do this manually sometimes.

As for buying a drink in bars, it shouldn't be impossible, maybe even easy, since there's an example with buying a coffee.
Mad Poster
#8399 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:28 AM
An object that reduces the amount of precipitation on any lot it's placed on. For the desert neighbourhoods. Even if you set it to perpetual summer you still have a lot of rain.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8400 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:59 AM
There is this mod No Summer Rain http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=249786 There are mods for more rain, so maybe looking at those would help with making a mod do the opposite and give less rain.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 336 of 576