Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:01 AM
Default Things you've said while playing Sims 3
There is a "Things you've said while playing Sims 2" thread on the Sims 2 board, but I haven't been able to find it on the Sims 3 board (or if there is I didn't see it when I looked for it).

Said tonight while playing Sims 3:

"You're a retired assassin, and its the nanites that give you creepy crawlies?" after Billie got the "creepy crawly" moodlet from trying to design nanites.

I made Sims 3 versions of Billie Lurk and Daud from the Dishonored game series, in sort of a "they retired from being assassins and moved into the Sims 3 world of Isla Paradiso" type AU.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:20 AM
"Why??" / "Not again..." - me, upon the millionth crash to desktop, back when I was still on WinXP.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:35 PM
"I didn't know sims could become alcoholics..."

In winter of 2010, after I had got Late Night, I was playing with a family and I instructed one of the older members of the household to go moonlight at a bar in Bridgeport one day to fulfill his LTW, but I forgot exactly which bar it was. It was the one with the vampire bed in the basement. So I kept playing and about 4 sim days later I realized I hadn't seen him around the family home, so I click on him and just sorta watch what he does. He would spend all afternoon and evening in the bar, and order random drinks, blow bubbles, or do whatever thin he could find, and when the bar would close at 4 AM or so he would take the elevator down to the basement and basically sleep on the floor in the basement, then wake up and wander around the basement, occasionally peeing himself, until the bar opened the next day, and he'd go back up and repeat the cycle all over again.

tl;dr - My Sim became a drink addict and lived in the basement of a club in Bridgeport, for no real reason I can tell. Of course he was in rough shape when I finally made him go home.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:07 PM
"Uuuurrrrgh... shut uuuuuup..." - whenever the triplet toddlers begin to whine at the same time because they want out of their cribs. (Thank goodness this stopped after getting the Napping Mat)

"Did you just appear at 4 AM, so my Sim can get pregnant by you?" - said about Gunther Goth, who did appear at my Sim's house at 4 AM. It was pouring rain, so I just made up the plot that he and Cornelia had gotten into a fight and he came to his friend for comfort.

"...what!?" - upon seeing my Sim set herself on fire the first time she made a metal sculpture. By pointing the blowtorch at herself...
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:50 PM
No! Why do you want to go skinny dipping with your father? No! No! No!

Why are you playing in the sandbox? You're a grown woman with 5 children!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 4:58 PM
For the love of all things holy you two are not making any more babies until the next gen starts! (It went: 1, 2, 2, 2, and now they're wanting to do it all over again. Although it went twin boys, twin girls, and then mixed twins lol.)

Why is the second born child always the creepiest. (Was talking to his twin about climbing the corporate ladder and having people begging at his feet...or that's how I took the conversation)

Why did your brother break up with his girlfriend to date another random chick I literally moved them in together. (Moved teenage son and his IF girlfriend out together because the game was lagging too much from an overstuffed household. Turns out I forgot to make them more than romantic interests, so he got together with a teen girl from this 'runaway teens' household that I adore.)

Why are the gen 1 cats always mating and the gen 2 ones couldn't give a crap about babies. (The first gen of cats had about 10 kittens, while I had to force the second gen to make 3)
Site Helper
#7 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 5:49 PM
No, you do NOT want to go to China!
You wanted to go fishing. I sent you to the fishing hole. So why are you standing next to the water reading a book?
You want to become Best Friends with the same person that you want to stop being friends with. So which is it?
If the burglar is blocking your route to the door, and is complaining that you are blocking HIS route, how could he possibly have gotten away?
Do you really think that holding a couple of bushes in front of your face is making you inconspicuous in the library?
Excuse me, but how could you have missed my sim at your party? You weren't there,and he was polite enough not to just go raid your fridge anyway! (And you're lucky you didn't invite the Klepto over unsupervised, because that's a really nice bed you have...)
You're both married! He even has the Eternally Faithful moodlet! No, he's not interested in a date, and you shouldn't be asking.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:11 PM
"Stop complaining about the burglar here at 6:30 AM. Police is already taking care of him-Stop complaining and get ready for school!"

"Oh, great... you like her..." - my Brave, Evil Sim fought and defeated a burglar. He hated her, but was immediately attracted to her because of their shared Evil trait.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:10 AM
Typical outbursts for me while playing:

"What the [insert profanity here] are you doing? I told you to [go to work/school/skill up] not play on the damn multi-tab!"

"Why are you trying to make waffles? You have to go to work in 20 minutes and there are perfect quality leftovers in the fridge!"

"Why do you have to be so damn annoying?" (usually about an imaginary friend I don't have the heart to get rid of because my sim likes him)

One that made my husband burst out laughing, when my sim kept getting a pathing error trying to eat:

"What the hell why can't he get into the fridge? OH MY GOD A DAMN GNOME IS BLOCKING IT!"

Before I learned about the pitfalls of gnomes and wiring a house with speakers, that got some profanity laden outbursts, too. Sims waking up all night because gnomes gotta blast that music.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:48 AM
"No, I like you and everything but you can't spend the night here. We both have to get up early for work in the morning and I know you are just going to wander around the lot doing annoying stupid stuff all night long if I let you."

And on the other extreme,

"Why do I have to keep chatting up grandma and grandpa so I can stay the night when visiting and not get pulled out of my warm guest bed/sleeping bag and shoved outside at 3am? Don't they love me anymore?"
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:07 AM
"DO AS I TELL YOU TO DO, DAMMIT!" probably my most used sentence. Also realise my own hypocrisy when getting mad at sims autonomously going to play with the computer.

"NOOOO WHY ARE YOU GOING THAT WAY" that damn routing.

"JUST GREET THE SIM ALREADY INSTEAD OF SHIFTING AROUND LIKE A FOOL" that damn routing especially when trying to greet anybody who comes to your house.
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
"Uuuurrrrgh... shut uuuuuup..." - whenever the triplet toddlers begin to whine at the same time because they want out of their cribs.

I do the same. It's what cemented my decision to not have kids

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
"No, I like you and everything but you can't spend the night here. We both have to get up early for work in the morning and I know you are just going to wander around the lot doing annoying stupid stuff all night long if I let you."

And on the other extreme, "Why do I have to keep chatting up grandma and grandpa so I can stay the night when visiting and not get pulled out of my warm guest bed/sleeping bag and shoved outside at 3am? Don't they love me anymore?"

And they always break the damn computer, then nap on the couch (complaining every time the stereo wakes them up) and get up cranky in the morning to eat my leftovers.

The Sims: Making You Hate People Even More!

As for the second one: "Timmy, you haven't earned enough privileges to sleep in this house just yet. Now, off to do the laundry and then tell grandma she's pretty again!"

Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
"JUST GREET THE SIM ALREADY INSTEAD OF SHIFTING AROUND LIKE A FOOL" that damn routing especially when trying to greet anybody who comes to your house.

And by the time the sim DOES greet the visitor, the visitor has already gotten tired of this modern squaredance, voiced their opinion of the sim's hosting abilities, and left. Double points if it's an international visitor!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
And by the time the sim DOES greet the visitor, the visitor has already gotten tired of this modern squaredance, voiced their opinion of the sim's hosting abilities, and left. Double points if it's an international visitor!

Modern square dance! What a perfect way to describe it! They must be teaching that at the schools instead of more traditional dances.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:21 AM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 25th Jan 2018 at 6:31 PM.
I used to have a text file full of shit I said during gameplay (because I talk to myself A LOT) but I think it went into hiding. So, off the very very top of my head:

Man, this place really is a goddamn shithole.

D'you think we could, like.....maybe....not die for once? Is that....within....the realm of possibilities here today? D'you reckon that....uh, that's a compromise that could be made?

Nonono, you no sleepy. You chatty. Off you go.

Well it seems we're doing ADVANCED lesbionics now. If you say so.

Man you're horrible. What are you, me? Hate that guy.

What do you mean you can't get in the chair?! I WILL FUCK YOUR ASS WITH THAT CHAIR if you don't sit down.

Awww, a kitty cat! How about you go uh, go say hi to it or something. [SIM FAILS] yeah this is why you don't have any fucking friends Isa, you....wonderful person who makes her mother proud.

(with terrible Scottish accent) SHIT'S AW FUCKED CAP'N, ah canny git er done!

I should record some of these things. And then destroy the recordings.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
"What the [insert profanity here] are you doing? I told you to [go to work/school/skill up] not play on the damn multi-tab!"

I remember a time when one of my Sim's kids somehow ended up not being in school, despite having gone into the rabbithole earlier.
I saw her wandering around and just yelled, "Why aren't you in school!? Get back in there!"
Especially since she was part of a twin or triplet set, which should all have gotten Honor Roll on the same day, but this could end up throwing things out of balance.

Quote:
then nap on the couch

For me, they keep sitting in the rocking chair and I just wonder why they don't just say "Whow, time to go" since it's past 2 AM and everybody in the household is sleeping.

"Stop complaining about being tired and go to bed! ...Thank you! ...wha- ...Did you just get outta bed, so you could faint? Get back into bed!!"

"The baby stopped crying. Everybody STOP trying to complain that the baby cried, GO. THE F. TO BED! You all have school/work in 3 hours!" - twin toddlers crying the house down because their energy is in red... instead of doing the sane thing and just zonking out on the floor already...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:09 PM
"no!!! Don't do that!"
"I love this game!!"
"Schick Center - do you take people addicted to the Sims? No?"
"I need to stop and make a mod for that... but too busy playing!!"

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:15 PM
"Hmm, this doesn't look right but this is the 5th style of roof I've tried and I need to eat. Sims don't care about aesthetics anyway."

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Man, this place really is a goddamn shithole.

I see you've visited my first attempts at fancy houses:

Tbh I kinda miss being this ambitious and expansive with building. Now I cram everything into stacked rectangular boxes.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM
"If that's all you're going to do, that's annoying"

I had a Sim created a Plumbot. So far all the Plumbot is doing is "Scanning Target". Since the Sim has to stop what he's doing to get scanned, its getting old fast.