Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:13 PM
Default Outfits/hats/hair you'd like to see in this game eventually.
Be it through expansion, patch or the eventual availability of mod tools, sims medieval will likely get more outfits and hairstyles at some point.

But what does everyone like to see in the game?

I'd like to see feathered hats from the Reinassance, chain coifs, a great helm, richly feathered helmets like seen on heroic paintings of knights, cone helmets with noseguard, and a spy hood with a mask for headwear.

For hairstyles I like to see a longer beard, balding hairstyles, a short tight ponytail for men and more eyebrows.

As for clothes, I'd like to see kilt outfits, Scandinavian scale armor, Barbarian rags, templar armor for men, more common clothes and extravagant mage robes.

Hopefully an assecoires option will be added at some point as well so we can add tattoos, scars, make up, face paint and other such things.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 1:55 AM
i know it is not what you probably meant by chainmail coif but i figured this out a while ago by saving a chainmail pattern already in the game as a fav because for whatever reason it will not allow you to use other patterns in cas.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:21 AM
I'd like to see more long hair styles for women. The only really long hair is the one with the little jeweled circlet. It would be nice to have that style without the circlet for more everyday sorts of wear.

I'm all for more extravagant looking robes for the Wizards. Right now if you want a fancy outfit as a Wizard you end up looking pretty much the same as the monarch, at least for women.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:35 AM
I'd love to see a few longer hair options for guys, and also a better wizard's hat for them. I love the female version of the wizard's hat but the male counterpart was a little disappointing.

~~like a dirty dog
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:15 PM
There is much i want to see, but seeing how this game is treated by ea i fear that we will never see more of Medieval, non in short-time.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:17 PM
I would love to see an option for changing the other sets of clothing, such as sleepwear As for hairs, fortunately most custom hairs work without a problem...the mesh just needs some editing in some cases..

By the way, does anyone know how to make the sleepwear outfit playable as profession outfit ?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
By the way, does anyone know how to make the sleepwear outfit playable as profession outfit ?

If you have a Edit in CAS mod you change into your sleepwear then go to Edit in CAS. You click on the clothes button. when you go to edit the current outfit it will show you the sleepwear options. However if you save that outfit it will turn it into your profession 1 outfit. At least this is what it did prior to the patch. I'm not sure if anything has changed.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:05 PM Last edited by akbaa : 1st May 2011 at 9:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
If you have a Edit in CAS mod you change into your sleepwear then go to Edit in CAS. You click on the clothes button. when you go to edit the current outfit it will show you the sleepwear options. However if you save that outfit it will turn it into your profession 1 outfit. At least this is what it did prior to the patch. I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Thanks for the tip I will try this out right away.

Edit : Yes, it worked Now my female Sims can walk around in sleepwear all day Sure, Sims 3 had nicer ones, but the one used in TSM isnt too bad
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:57 PM
Got to agree with the long hair for women. Its truly a shame that the content cant really be modified yet, that hairstyle would be a great addition without the circlet.

Hoods seem to be a nice alternative for wizards, someone did make those available for all classes. Good for inquisitor style Jacobans too.

Nice find though, that chain mail pattern. I hardly ever bother with patterns but that really does bring some nice options to make armored outfits out of stuff thats not normally armored.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:36 PM
Personally I'd like some more options for the sort of Tudor or Renaissance costumes the game has. Almost all my males are wearing the striped doublet with the ruff collar (the one with the sword), and almost all my females wear the dress with the square neckline and the puffed sleeves. More formal hair for females and short hair for males (but historic ones, not TS3 conversions) would be nice, and yes, some more Renaissance-ish hats, and nicer wimples for females, those in the game are just awkward.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:40 PM
yes, nicer wimples, more veils, more hats. I'd like to do some Lombards, I'd need some henins, not just the tall pointy ones, I'd like a heart shaped or horned choice as well. And big slavic/russian fur hats too.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:44 PM
I'd like generic, centre-parted long hair for men, without the horrible headband.

I'd also like long hair that doesn't clip the clothing meshes - almost all the built-in long hair for men takes chunks out of the built-in clothing meshes. That's such a simple thing to check for!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th May 2011 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens

Nothing has changed since the 1.3 patch. I would love to see a way to get rid of/change that stupid scarf hat all the women wear to bed and be able to at least create less bland looking night gowns. What is really annoying is the iconic NPC sims who have special headgear as part of their professional outfit wear it with their nighties to bed (I'm refering here specifically to High Priestess Imayne of Yaconia with whom my Monarch has had...er...foreign relations with )! Sheesh!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Personally I'd like some more options for the sort of Tudor or Renaissance costumes the game has. Almost all my males are wearing the striped doublet with the ruff collar (the one with the sword), and almost all my females wear the dress with the square neckline and the puffed sleeves. More formal hair for females and short hair for males (but historic ones, not TS3 conversions) would be nice, and yes, some more Renaissance-ish hats, and nicer wimples for females, those in the game are just awkward.

I would like to see more Tudor or renaissance clothes, slops and doublets for the men,
flat caps and French hoods (ala Anne Boleyn)
I Would also like to see more of the Burgundian styles though not neccesarily the ice cream cone hats.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:49 AM
I would like to see the santa beard from The Sims 2 Holiday Fun Stuff Pack.
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 8:19 PM
The sleepwear in Midevil is butt ugly! I would like to see something else. Being that I am also a member of the Midevil community I put a post up about that there also. Also gave them a mod thought (having the Barb either have an assistant that dances (using clothing like I dream of Jeanie) or do what old farts like me and probably EA would call the hootchie coo.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 7:33 AM
The panda hat from TS3 would be ok.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:09 AM
Longer hair can you use CC hair in the game like from the Sims 3 CC?
#19 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:10 PM
-more outfits with capes, or better yet, standalone capes for every outfit
-accessories like in ts3, minus the sun glasses
-(not really related to cas but) customizable armors and equpment
-more hoods, hoods rock
-PATTERNS IN CAS YOU LAZY SONS OF [immobilized by mts2 staff]
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:48 PM
Dresses with more skin showing. Everything else is irrelevant in my book.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#21 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:09 AM
yeah, i think more flesh revealing clothing would be nice. maybe even codpieces, or high-heels.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 1:21 AM
Tudor style dresses and hats is what I would like.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:34 PM
I'd like to see the new pirates and noble clothes made available for NPC's. And we need eyepatches for the pirates.
And I definatly want to see more hats like the one with the feather. Great hat.

Has anyone been able to unlock all the pirates and nobles stuff yet? Seemingly they learned nothing at EA and again put in stupid achievements that require exessive grinding for the most part.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:42 PM
Over at Shim's, Lady pirate stuff! He's probably gonna crack the Unlocker at some point.
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 8:54 PM
Well, I can't help feel the women are shortcharged in some categories.

E.g., you know the black leather outfit and black hood the spy wears for example in the "Always Look On The Bright Side" trailer? Why can't I put something like that on female spies?

E.g., why does the advisor costume have no sword for female advisors?

E.g., you know the king outfit with cape and armour, for example as worn in the same trailer? I'd love to put one of those on a female monarch.

Pretty much I'd be content if someone took a hammer and put a pair of breasts in the breast-plate. I mean, it's right there in the name
Page 1 of 2