Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 2:40 AM
Wow, this looks f-u-n! I'll make a school.

BTW, is it okay if I make life a little easier by using SimLogical's functioning school hack: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ims2_School.htm

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Advertisement
#52 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:53 PM
Wowwy Woozerz
Golly Gizerz!
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:07 AM
Default How to get students onto game
Sorry just wondering how to get these sim students onto the actual game
Mad Poster
#54 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 5:00 AM
What do you mean no woohoo? What about ACR? I CAN use ACR right?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 5:03 PM
This looks super cool!!
Thanks for sharing
I'll try this one too ..
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:47 PM
Cool, awesome challenge. I have made a few boarding schools before, and I copied the homework so now everybody ALWAYS has written tests from their evil headmistress. MWAHAHAHAHA-cough-HAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA-cough-, err can you give me a minute?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
The “Educate ‘Em” Boarding School Challenge (my 1st challenge)

So you hear the words “Boarding school challenge” and you think “BORING”!! Well this challenge is far from boring. I have played and tested it myself and it is very fun!
The objective of this challenge is to get your teenage Sims to acquire as many skill points as possible before aging to adult/young adult.

If you don’t like the use of cheats, boolProp, mods or hacks then you can scroll to the bottom of the post and download pre-made students and a boarding school! If your choosing this option you wont need to read the whole post, just start from the "Cheats that are NOT allowed" section.
--------------
Getting Started

The first thing you want to do is create 2 teachers is CAS. Make them however you like. Then move them in to a blank lot or a lot that you have previously built your boarding school on. Using money cheats is allowed in this game as you will need as much as possible to build a good school.

After moving them in you will need to use boolProp to spawn the Tombstone of Life and Death. Once you have done so then create 8 Teen Girls and 8 Teen Boys. I have played this challenge and controlling this many Sims isn’t as hard as it sounds. If you want to reduce the numbers you can, just make sure there are an even amount of Sims from both genders.

After spawning your new teens you can change their names via the tombstone of L&D if you wish and give them makeovers. If you want them to wear specific uniforms you can send a teacher to a community lot or use a cheat/hack to purchase some new clothes.
You should now set all the Sims on your lot to have Lifetime Platinum Aspiration. This is because your Sims will be far too busy building skills to worry about fulfilling wants.

It is suggested that you set both teachers to have all their skills maxed; you can do this with any cheat or hack you have. I use the insimenator download personally.

IMPORTANT: You will NOT want your teens to attend any sort of schooling so you will need to use boolProp or any other hack you have so that the school bus will not come. Do as follows:

1. Enter: "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true"
2. Shift-Click on the teen Sim
3. Select "Spawn"
4. Select "Scenario Tester"
5. Click on the yellow box that appears
6. Select "Add Me to Private School" for each teen
(Only after you're done with it)
7. Go into building mode
8. Click on the box
9. Delete the box

Once you have completed the above you can now start playing your school.

School Set Up

You have the freedom to build your school anyway you like but I have a few tips you might benefit from. I made my school on a medium sized lot, you might want to make yours on a larger one. Making the school double story is great because you can keep the bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms and recreation areas downstairs and the learning areas upstairs.
Building a pool outside or indoors is a great idea as it gives fun and body points at the same time. You can add a computer & games room for the students to enjoy in their free time.
Adding Basketball and soccer fields is allowed but remember they make Sims get tired quickly.

It’s a good idea to have a kitchen with 3 fridges and 3 stoves. This is because you will need 3 group meals at once to serve your whole school. Get both teachers and 1 student to prepare each meal at the same time. You can choose whatever student has the best cooking skill or make a roster so each student takes turns. If your only playing 8 students or less then 1 fridge, stove and sim to cook is fine.

If you have the appropriate EP then I suggest making separate bathrooms for girls and boys by using the gender specific doors. Using many toilet stalls (instead of normal toilets) in the one room will allow multiple Sims to use the bathroom at once. Have showers in a separate room from the toilets and place the floor dividers that come with pets around each shower so that multiple Sims can shower at once.

Making separate bedrooms for each gender is recommended. You can put all Sims of the same gender together or have them separated into smaller rooms. It’s up to you!

Classrooms can be built anyway you like but must include the necessary objects to build each skill. A library is great for building cooking, mechanical and cleaning. Art rooms with easels are obviously for creativity. Music rooms with instruments are for creativity also and provide fun. Logic can be built via a room with chess tables or telescopes placed outdoors. A gym with fitness equipment is for building body points (a pool is also great for this). Mirrors are the only way to build charisma until you can get a sim to unlock a career reward. Mechanical can also be gained by fixing up the car that comes with Freetime.

You may also want to add objects that build badges such as a garden, pond, sewing machine, pottery wheel etc.

Cheats that are NOT allowed:
- No skill cheating except with the teachers
- No friendship cheating, Sims must make friends naturally
- No purposely killing a teen Sim because you don’t like the way they look after you spawn them
- You cannot cheat to change the students Aspirations
- No elixir of Life EXCEPT for the teachers
- No maxmotives at any time!

You MAY hire a maid, repairman, or exterminator but NOT a butler. You may not order pizza or Chinese EXCEPT on weekends. Please no Matchmakers either!

Unlocking Career Rewards:
As mentioned earlier the objective is to get your teens as many skill points as possible. Unlocking the career rewards is great for this as they will build skills much faster. The object you will want MOST is the “Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education” bookcase which allows you to learn ALL skills from reading a book at a much faster rate than normal.

- Once a student reaches level 7 of a particular skill then you may use the “unlockcareerrewards” cheat to unlock their career rewards and place the corresponding item into the school. For example, Sam reaches cooking skill 7, so now you can unlock his career rewards (make sure he is selected) and place the career reward that builds the cooking skill into your school (this is the Chocolate Manufacturing Facility).

Each time another student reaches skill 7 in cooking you may add another Chocolate Manufacturing Facility to your school by unlocking their rewards and so on. All students may use the career rewards.

List of Rewards and Skills that unlock them:

Some skills unlock more than one career object. If this is the case you may only choose one to place in the school, so if Sam reaches charisma 7 you can only choose one out of the 3 possible charisma objects to place in the school.

- Charisma Skill 7 unlocks: Tele Prompter, Execputter, and ‘I Object Litigator’.
- Mechanical Skill 7 unlocks: Surgical Training Station
- Body Skill 7 unlocks: Punching bag, Better Barre, Obstacle Course
- Cleaning Skill 7 unlocks: Fingerprinting Scanner
- Creativity Skill 7 unlocks: Lie Finder, Hydroponic Garden, SIM series Drafting Table
- Cooking Skill 7 unlocks: Chocolate Manufacturing Facility
- Logic Skill 7 unlocks: Biotech Station

Once any student maxes out a particular skill you may add a “Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education” bookcase into your school!
All students may use the career rewards once they are placed on the lot. The more students that you can get to reach level 7 in a certain skill then the more career objects you can add for further generations of students!
Once any student maxes out ONE skill you can give them a thinking cap. You may cheat to unlock it and only they can use it so keep it in their inventory when not in use!

Basic School Day:

I used this system of operating my school and it worked very well.
- 5am: Both teachers and 1 chosen student will wake up and prepare breakfast. If you play with 8 students or less then 1 teacher is all you need for cooking.
- 6am: The rest of the students will wake up and have time to eat shower and use the toilet
- 9am: Classes begin. You can choose which students do which classes and how long they spend in each class room until they swap
- 12pm: Break time. Students shouldn’t need to eat at this time so use this time for toilet breaks and showers if they are needed. You may use any cheat you know of or hack to max all Sims energy at this time.
- 1:30pm Classes resume. As before you can choose who does what for how long
- 5pm: Classes Stop and both teachers and a selected student prepare dinner. After dinner all students may do as they please until bedtime
- 11pm- Bedtime. Sims can sleep earlier then this but must not stay up any later.

To make life easier I turned off free will between 5am-5pm so that students will do strictly as I instructed them. Then from 5pm till bedtime I activated free will and allowed them do as they please. You may do this if you wish.

WEEKENDS

- 5am: Both teachers and 1 chosen student will wake up and prepare breakfast.
- 6am: The rest of the students will wake up and have time to eat shower and use the toilet and eat
- The rest of the day may be spent however you like. Students may visit a community lot but only if accompanied by a teacher and the other students (like an excursion).
Lunch/and or dinner can be served at any time you wish. Students are allowed to date each other if they want but cannot leave the school to go on an official date.

Scoring:
+ 5 each time a student that reaches level 5 in any skill
+ 10 for each time a student that maxes a skill
+ 50 for each “Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education” bookcase that you place in your school.
+ 30 for each silver badge earned in any skill (i.e fishing, gardening, sewing etc.)
+ 40 for each bronze badge earned
+ 50 for each gold badge earned (this does not include badges reached by the teachers)

SCHOOL VACATION

After you have played the school for 9 days you can give your students a vacation (obviously only if you have Bon Voyage). 1 teacher must travel and only students with the most skill points can attend (I don’t think all 18 sims can travel at once). Vacation can be taken anywhere but only for 3 days. This will happen on day 9 for each generation of students.

SCHOOL PROM

On day 13 (2 days before your students will be aging) you can throw a Prom for your teens either at a Community lot or at school. It will start at 6pm and end at 12am. This will happen on day 13 for each generation of students.

SCHOOL RULES:
Some rules are to be followed.
- No woohoo between students at any time
- No teen pregnancy
- Teachers may not marry but can have a partner
- No woohoo on the school grounds by either teacher
- Teachers may NOT have actual jobs (i.e slacker, culinary etc.)
-----------------------
You may use the teacher‘s Elixir of Life reward to keep them young for as long as possible. You can use cheats to unlock it. When one teacher dies you must immediately create another one in CAS and merge him/her with the school.

Attending UNI

If you would like one of your sims to attend Uni then they MUST have reached skill 10 in at least 2 different areas first! They will be aging on day 15 so ensure they leave for college before 6 PM that day (they must not leave for college before day 15). They are entitled to apply for scholarships.
-----------------------
Once day 15 arrives your teens will grow up! You can throw them a party at 6PM and then move them out. I suggest actually PLAYING these Sims later on as you have worked hard to get them educated! You win the challenge as soon as the last student has aged and moved out!
Once all your students have left you can stop or simply go ahead and spawn 16 more and start all over again!
Have fun!
------------------------------------------

I have built a boarding school for you already in case you cant be bothered! It can house up to 18 Sims and is unoccupied

DOWNLOAD

Requires All EPs and SPs except FF & Holiday Stuff
Lot Size 5x4
Price: $268, 115

I have also created the teachers and students for you and activated all cheats needed so you will NEVER need to use any boolProp cheats or hacks to get your game going.

-All Sims have permanent platinum aspiration
-All uniforms have been set
-None of the students any longer attend 'school'
-Both teachers have maxed skills

There is a school with 6 students, one with 8 and another with 16! All schools have 2 teachers.

Some people dont like downloading lots with Sims already in them but rest assured! All 3 households were created on BLANK lots, edited and then moved into the school. Then I exited straight away. None of the Sims have been played at all so they are brand new. Free will was off so no interactions have happened between any Sims. All packages were check with the Clean Pack installer.
None of the Sims are related to each other

Download School with 6 students:

Download school with 8 Students

Download School with 16 students
dude this challenge sounds really really fun! i started building my school, but I've only finished the kitchen/dining room, entertainment room (filled with every kind of arcade game, pinball machine, TV's and computers, etc.) and the indoor pool. I'm fairly bad at decorating but I'm having fun doing it! I'll try to post pictures later
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:36 AM
This is great! I'm back to the Sims 2 after getting fed up with my perpetually borked TS3, and this challenge has been so much fun to set up! Here is my first class:

Okay, actually my second class. I initially spawned 8 random students, but they all had freaky blue eyes and Maxis faces, and 8 was too many, and there were a bunch of things I wanted to do differently; so I started anew with my own smaller group of teens. (Charlie and Jane on the far left are twins!)
My boarding school is a converted mansion that used to belong to the headmistress's grandparents. The interior has been heavily renovated, and two new additions were built for the gym and dance/yoga studio. [The original house is Halliwell Manor from pegasus.]

The students at breakfast (they're allowed to be in their pajamas since it's the weekend):

I've been using simlogical's school hacks but, unfortunately, think they might be giving my game trouble-- I keep getting kicked off for Direct3D errors, even after updating everything and cleaning all the dust out of my CPU and graphics card. Sigh. But still, it's been so fun to make the school and watch the kiddies! Now I want to make another one...
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:43 AM
Default downloading issue! pls help!
I can't seem to download the school with 16 students... please help as I want this school so bad!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:43 PM
I started with the lot with 16 Students and promptly got in over my head LOL Now I'm off to do the 6 and 8 student versions. Fun, though.
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:23 PM
I am so going to try this! Although if we don't have seasons, how do we score the bookshelves? Just score how many students maxed a skill? This looks great though, I think I'm going to mix this and simlogical's school system and have them study and do homework every day. I might not though, we'll see.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamNOTHING
I'm trying for this! It's so fun. I enjoy building the school and I love when all the children gather. The children in my game is a little rebellious, there are some of them playing in mealtime or eating their own midnight snack at sleeptime but they're adorable, I love they all.

I want to ask: I don't have Seasons so I don't have that special bookshelf career reward, am I allowed to put other career rewards (podium, punching bag, etc) if one of the kids reach level 7?

Lol, my kids are like that too. Sometimes they won't wake up & one time my cousin tried this & the teachers died and the kids got taken away. LOOOL!
Oh and I have a few questions for the maker of the challenge:
1. Does the schools have to look a specific way?
2. Can I put in stuff like my child talk hack from Decorgal?
& 3, Is it Okay if I make 8 girls, and spawn eight boys or vice versa?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:00 PM
Default Please upload boarding school lots
Quote: Originally posted by lizziebee
If I built a school for this challenge would anybody be interested in downloading it? It would only require OFB, NL, AL, UNI, and a few stuff packs.

YES! I would love it if you (and anyone else who wants to) uploads their boarding school lots. I've been looking for one for my medieval sims. There was a great one that looked like a castle. My hard drive crashed and when I came back here to download it again, it seems to have disappeared. It was a community lot, but I could have changed the lot zoning.

If anyone has seen that lot, I would love it if you'd post the link, or give the title of the lot or something. It had some snowy pics and kids jumping on the bed. But really, any medieval looking boarding school would be great. I would love to have one for each class, but if not, at least one for the royals.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:13 PM
Default Mcb Bs
Welcome to Mrs. Crumplebottom's boarding school. I will be your tour guide this evening.

This is the office, where late students sign in, or a help desk. As you can see, there is Mrs. Crumplebottom's room. She is doing her paperwork.

This is the dining room, where student have their lunch.

This is the music and athletic room. Students will do ballet or practice an instrument while listening to some classical music.

This is the paperwork room. Students will do maths, english and any other work that includes writing. The teacher shall do paperwork while the students are writing.

This is the toilet and stair room. The stairs lead to the bedrooms.

Theese rooms are the bedrooms.

Thank you for visiting, don't forget to sign your kids up!

Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM
Hey, I just wanted to download your pre-made sims and the school, only to find out that Megaupload has been closed! :/
Could you please upload it to another site? And do the same with the teen version as well?
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:12 AM
this sounds like loads of fun, i'm going to do it
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM
The link to megaupload is unavailable. Is there any way you can repost it?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st May 2012 at 5:24 PM Last edited by kittcat92 : 22nd May 2012 at 12:03 AM.
well I guess i have to go make my own boarding school when I try to download the ones from the first page I get a notice saying Megauploader.com has been seized my the United States Government anyone who had their sims stuff on there may want to think about uploading them somewhere else, (Off I go to build my Boarding school :P)
EDIT: Alright my school has been built (I forgot how much I enjoy building things in the sims ) I based my school schedule on the OP's but then went a little more detailed for the schedule for classes. First I broke up my students into two groups, then I divided the classes in half as well (I came up with 10 classes all together) When I went to school we had A and B days meaning we had half our classes on one day (A days) and then the other half the next day (B days). I will have half my students start with an A day while the other half starts with a B day, then the next day they will switch. Here is what I came up with for schedules.
A Days
9-11: Fishing
11-12: Debate (charisma)
1:30-3: Study Hall (cooking)
3-4: Real World Application (work benches)
4-5: Astrology/Chess

B Days
9-11: Gardening
11-12: Art and Music
1:30-3: Study Hall (mechanics)
3-4:Gym
4-5: Study Hall (cleaning)

Feel free to use my idea for class schedules

Frankly my dear I'd rather be playing sims :P
Test Subject
#69 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:02 PM
I Just Wanted To Say, I'm Doing This Challenge But Instead Of Kids I'm Using Teens, I Know That's Probably Stupid But Ehh It Could Be Fun X3
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xXsadbrokenwingsXx
I Just Wanted To Say, I'm Doing This Challenge But Instead Of Kids I'm Using Teens, I Know That's Probably Stupid But Ehh It Could Be Fun X3

There is a teen version you know. It's at the top.

Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:23 AM
Will it work for Sims 3 too ?
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:54 PM
I love this challenge. I made a school challenge too. But it didn't have as many likes.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:52 PM
I used the mods from simlogical to make a school for the sims in the neighborhood. It's for teens and kids.
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 8:14 PM
Sounds awesome! Love to play school.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 1:00 AM
Can someone tell me how to package a lot? I want to post my school.
Page 3 of 4