Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:28 PM
Default AutoChanger Mod
I has a somewhat random question.
Is there a mod that allows sims to automatically change outfits based on time of day and possibly other factors?
For example, when a sim first wakes up and gets out of bed, they are in their "sleepwear" outfit. They keep this until either they go outside, take a bath/shower, or you tell them to change, as well as if they use an object that has them switch outfits (pool, hot tubs, treadmills, etc.).
When they come home from work, they are in their "career outfit" (or "everyday" if their job does not have an outfit, if that even exists) and they keep that until you tell them to change, they take a bath/shower, or use an object that has them switch outfits.
My idea is something along the lines of:
The mod in question would have some kind of menu or interaction, similar to the various NRaas mods, which would allow you to change it's settings.
The settings include things such as times to change into specific outfits on specific days (you could set it so that the selected sim automatically changes into career a couple hours before they go to work on any given day and to automatically change into everyday an hour or so after work).
The settings may include things such at which outfit to switch into while and/or after using specific objects (you could set it so that the selected sim automatically changes into sleepwear after exercising or showering if it is after work).

This is just an odd little thing I started thinking about (on more than a few different occasions) when I have my sims queue up a list of interactions in the morning or evening when I have them get up (in sleepwear), eat breakfast, take shower (changes into everyday), then immediately goes to work (changes into career). Seeing this happen just makes me think "why not just put on the career outfit, rather than changing twice!?"

Any help finding such a mod would be appreciated.
It is one of those small, odd, things that just adds a little more realism and control.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
I have looked for such a mod for a long while now, and I haven't found even a hint of such a thing existing (why I posted here), so I wouldn't be surprised if no one knows of such a mod.
Thank you for the information, though.
I have NRAAS Dresser (I have the entire NRAAS collection), but I haven't found anything in it for what I am looking for. It is more for fixing outfits of sims around the town who may be missing parts from outfits or have invalid parts.
I have never used Awesome Mod. I have heard of it, but I don't know what features it includes. I have heard it can cause conflicts with some NRAAS mods, though. Not sure how true that is.
I have also heard of that "always change into towel" mod. If I remember correctly, it is a Sims 4 thing, though.
I may try out those DresscodeSigns. Thank you for sharing that.
It's not quite what I'm looking for, though. I would think it would be a bit strange to see a sim get out of bed wearing their "sleepwear", then go into the main room of the house, forcing a change into "everyday", only to go straight into the bathroom to take a shower (getting changed again to undress).