Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:03 AM
can anyone help me re-weight this head?
okay, something went WAY wrong. I created an "anime" head replacement, and all of the weights worked fine (except the eyes couldn't shut all the way, but I expected that), but the left side was wonky because I copied the right eyebrow and put it on the left, and apparently I didn't fix the weights properly. so, like an idiot, I tried weight transfer in blender from the original sim head to my new one, and it made it worse. even more like an idiot, I didn't save this as separate, I just wrote over it like I always do. I tried undoing all the actions, but blender's undo system is... stupid. I just need the head to move as normal as possible. I've made a custom head before, but all I did was remove the ears and nose. :/ is anyone willing to fix my stupid mistakes?

blend and sims4studio files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgSdD6buipLjhvUhD
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:36 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th May 2018 at 9:35 PM.
I tried but there's still some distortion around the mouth and nose and the eyelids aren't right. Not sure if that's weights or the vertex IDs not being right so I'm trying to remove the IDs now. Is it okay for many of the facial morphs not to work?

Edit: Also I may have messed up the bones. Unfortunately as soon as I took a break my computer decided to do an update that's taking hours so I may not get back to it until tomorrow.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:05 AM
The main problem was vertex IDs.

The eyes, nose, and ears still need some tweaking. The rest seems good.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  animeheadF fix.zip (254.2 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:44 PM
dang, I might just have to start over. it was almost PERFECT before, you can see here: https://reitanna-seishin.deviantart...d-WIP-745341297

but I messed it up. your fix is definitely an improvement, but I think I will have to start over. thanks for trying.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:08 PM
Yeah - I reassigned from the EA head and could probably get the ears and nose correct, but the eyelids would be extremely difficult to get right.

If you're using the EA head as a base which I think you are, I suggest not to add or remove any vertices, including mirroring from one side to the other. A large part of the problem seemed to be that the mesh vertex IDs were messed up. Whatever method S4S is using to retain those IDs probably doesn't work if the vertex sequence is changed.

Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yeah - I reassigned from the EA head and could probably get the ears and nose correct, but the eyelids would be extremely difficult to get right.

If you're using the EA head as a base which I think you are, I suggest not to add or remove any vertices, including mirroring from one side to the other. A large part of the problem seemed to be that the mesh vertex IDs were messed up. Whatever method S4S is using to retain those IDs probably doesn't work if the vertex sequence is changed.

yeah, you're right. my logic is, if I clone the right side and use to on the left, all I have to do is replace all the right weights with the proper left ones! makes sense, right? well, it seems almost every time I do that it looks funky. T_T