Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:11 PM
Congrats on the Engagement and good luck living with your Mum - I manage about a week on holiday before I just want to throttle mine! Between working and studying I've been trying to create a new town but will check back to see if anyone gets any foundation ideas :-)
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:07 PM
I'll need luck living with her lol It's only been a few days and she already annoys the life out of me. After certain situations get settled I believe we'll be moving in at my future father in law's he's gonna need help keeping the house after his divorce.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#28 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 8:02 PM
Congratulations on your engagement.

I've been busy rebuilding all the Late Night buildings by scratch so they aren't skyscrapers. I just finished my town's rebuilds and now I have to import some rabbit holes to replace the business/restaurant, books & bath, and the theatre as they are still skyscrapers. Then, I'll test it out and see how it plays.

I'll check the threads here again soon.
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 1:58 PM
I'll try to get a foundation uploaded hopefully by the weekend. Right now we're staying at my future father in law's while he and his 2 daughters are out of town. So once I get back to my mom's where I can get one done and compressed and all that good stuff I'll try to get it up. lol

Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:32 PM
Would anyone be interested in just interior design projects in this group? I'm thinking of maybe building a house just as a basic structure and leaving it completely empty, probably even leaving the roof off as well and no doors or windows so you could choose those yourself. And uploading it for people to decorate as they see fit and show off pictures. I'm trying to come up with some ideas of things to do here.

I don't really want to wind up abandoning this group permanently but there is just an apparent lack of interest now lol

Field Researcher
#31 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
That sounds great! Would we do, say, one room, and have everyone come with a kitchen. Then a living room and so on? It would be nice to see what different ideas come up. Are we using cc or just CASTing EA items from the games? Oh, gosh, I'll have to relearn photography! Arrrgh!
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:04 PM
At this point it's up in the air lol
I'm just trying to figure out what to do to drum up some interest.
I think it'll definitely be a smaller house as well as the large foundation I posted has had absolutely NO responses lol I think it must have intimidated too many.
I think custom content would be fine for it.

Test Subject
#33 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:43 AM
I think I might try the large foundation when I get a minute. I just have to come up with a plan first, because I was tragically born without an imagination. It actually looks like fun.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th May 2011 at 3:58 PM
My problem is I always play custom worlds, usually my own (though have been playing with Queenstown this week) and haven't got any suitably sized lots to use - not even 60x60. My Create a World keeps crashing so haven't been able to add one anywhere. I am getting a new laptop next week so that should help - hopefully with some extra RAM and a better graphics card I can get the darn thing running without crashing, who knows. I'll add the page link to my signature later today. I'm not a mad poster though so might not help that much. Anyway, I'd be up for some interior decorating...
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th May 2011 at 4:31 PM
I feel ya on the no imagination thing. I did a scaled down version of that foundation I posted and STILL have not come up with anything lol

I'm loving Queenstown

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:18 AM
Default decorating is a great idea
Hello there, haven't looked in here for a loong time... I'm into creating meshes, clothes, poses etc. right now...

But I think focussing on decorating is a great idea
Maybe we could start off with just one room (with an unusual layout, to make it really interesting). It won't take as much time as decorating a whole house, so that might be a good motivation. And sometimes I need to get away from my twisted poses in milkshape and do something where I get fast results

Page 2 of 2