Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 11:14 PM
I agree. Out of the 4 I've submitted only 1 went through without changes lol though it's usually my rubbish pics rather than the actual building- I've just reworked it anyway and think it's better. I made it a bit more worn/rustic looking. Yes I agree it's a different house and not all houses have to follow the convention of having the bedrooms upstairs but after changing things round I feel better about it now. Fingers crossed...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 11:44 PM
You can have downstairs bedrooms... you just usually have the eating area downstairs, too. I remember that my first one, I had the wrong links to the custom content, so it got sent back for that, but it had nothing to do with my house. I just figured they weren't all that picky where lots were concerned.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:08 AM Last edited by jewaukeela : 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:19 AM.
Yay! This is my first foundational building "challenge" and I loved it! Thanks a ton! I moved in someone to depreciate the cost, but I can't figure out how to move them out without selling the furniture...

------------

Cost: $15, 536
CC: Absolutely none! (I can't - my CC is screwed)
Click on photo to bring up slideshow
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 2:50 PM
I like the way you made use of all that space. It looks so roomy for such a small lot.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 4:11 PM
jewaukeela, in order to move them out with no lasting effects on the house, then go to 'edit town', click on the lot, and evict them. When it asks you if you want to move out the house with the sim, just say no. That'll get you an empty house.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:52 PM
Thanks. The hardest part was fitting in everything I needed too but still having room for the player to add a few objects: I ended up with the rooftop lounge for that.
Inventor
#32 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 9:22 PM
I'm about to throw in the towel on this one. I cannot get anything I'm satisfied with lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 9:52 PM
Don't give up on it, I'm sure you can make something nice. I'm even considering trying an other one, but I'm not sure if I can without repeating myself.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 3:36 PM
Greenlea, you could make the starter for a couple or small family instead of a single Sim as they'll get a little more money.
Inventor
#35 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 2:32 AM
It's not so much the money issue that's bothering me about it. It's just building something I find aesthetically pleasing to myself that I'm having issues with lmao I may play with it some more though lol

Inventor
#36 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Greenlea : 5th Oct 2010 at 1:21 PM.
I'm so happy I finally did something lol
I got inspired with a new set at the store.

It's a rundown crash pad for a musician and his wife. He's just starting out so obviously can't afford a bunch of nice things

It's 15,428 Furnished and
10,628 Unfurnished

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 11:33 PM
I made an other one, but I'm not sure if I followed the rules. Can it be any kind of vehicle? There is no room for a car, but there is room for a bike. The price is 16 493 furnished and 15 020 unfurnished.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 12:06 AM
Oh, I like them both.
Greenlea - I'm glad you finally settled on something you like. I really like that you drive right in and then go up to the living area or down to the sleeping area. The gated area for the stairs is great security.

Sulyuki - I like the light house look and feel. Walking in to the kitchen area is perfect and you even have laundry space. I also like that you go upstairs to the study and bath before continuing up to the bedroom.

Yes, you followed the rules. I only stated that it needed room for a vehicle, not what kind. (I purposely left that vague.)

Page 2 of 2