3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5001 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM
I don't know if it was a "hickup" after I installed AL but I was playing in my uni subhood and I had my sim invite his girlfriend, a cheerleader, and she took her friend whit her. The girls stayd for houers but I did not see the girlfriend (found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lakshmi_Graham ,I think her swedish name is Erika Grotheus or something similar) do her "cheerleader thing" even once. They always do it every 5 minutes or so. And as I recall it, her outfit used to be black before but now it was blue. (I may be wrong about this).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5002 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I don't know if it was a "hickup" after I installed AL but I was playing in my uni subhood and I had my sim invite his girlfriend, a cheerleader, and she took her friend whit her. The girls stayd for houers but I did not see the girlfriend (found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lakshmi_Graham ,I think her swedish name is Erika Grotheus or something similar) do her "cheerleader thing" even once. They always do it every 5 minutes or so. And as I recall it, her outfit used to be black before but now it was blue. (I may be wrong about this).

I think AL is the one package there let sims you invite ask if they can bring along a friend

Also she is blue
Always have been
It’s the long haired girl there is black

Also
They won’t do their cheerleading when invited over

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#5003 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Grooming the sand garden that came with Bon Voyage increases comfort.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#5004 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I think AL is the one package there let sims you invite ask if they can bring along a friend

I'm not so sure about that because I have been seeing that question for years now. But the other things was helpful!
Mad Poster
#5005 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I'm not so sure about that because I have been seeing that question for years now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen that since base game.
Test Subject
#5006 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
Today I found a home lot way off at the furthest north edge of the Riverblossom Hills map. It's right near the bridge and you can only see maybe half of the lot from map view. It costs over a hundred thousand simoleons! I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow.
Theorist
#5007 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM
There's two different event texts for the "you child Sim starred in a play" event, one has them as the "star of Simerella" and the other as the "star of Our Sim Town" (or something like that) is it just randomly chosen which one gets displayed? It not gender-related because I had both with sim girls and boys and for as long as I can remember I only ever noticed the Simerella one, though it's possible that I only remember that one because I found "Simerella" funnier than "Our Sim Town"...
Top Secret Researcher
#5008 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:01 PM
Diagonal flooring is a nightmare.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#5009 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:15 PM
I discovered that Lot Adjuster is a really nice tool and that I'm afraid of it unnecessarily.
When I'm scared, I ask questions that confuses people.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5010 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I discovered that Lot Adjuster is a really nice tool and that I'm afraid of it unnecessarily.
When I'm scared, I ask questions that confuses people.

Wouldn't that just be a "Random thought" ?
Scholar
#5011 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:39 PM
I discovered that a Sim can earn interest on their bank account if they are present on a lot, any lot, at 6 am. Don Lothario was just waiting for a taxi to take him home from a community lot after an all-night date with Nina when I got pop-ups saying Lazlo Curious and John Mole had earned interest on their bank accounts. Later, on Don's home lot, Cassandra came by to kick over his bin at just the right time and earned a whopping $10,800 in interest. Quite the reward for taking revenge on your ex!
Lab Assistant
#5012 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM
I discovered that a very shy Sim on a community lot with the DJ booth thingy (it was at a bowling alley) will alternate between 'regular' dancing and 'shy' dancing. Whether it was a glitch or not, I don't know, but it was quite entertaining to watch!
Scholar
#5013 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
oh toddlers can float in the air and do that dance;it can look creepy.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#5014 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
Either test/debug objects spawned via shift-click don't spawn correctly on apartment lots, or there's so much junk in the way that i just can't find them. Can't wait to renovate this lot later and find a t-posing baby stuck in a bush or something.
Field Researcher
#5015 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
There's two different event texts for the "you child Sim starred in a play" event, one has them as the "star of Simerella" and the other as the "star of Our Sim Town" (or something like that) is it just randomly chosen which one gets displayed? It not gender-related because I had both with sim girls and boys and for as long as I can remember I only ever noticed the Simerella one, though it's possible that I only remember that one because I found "Simerella" funnier than "Our Sim Town"...

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Simerella was for child sims, and Our Sim Town was for teens, given the plays they are referencing.

I discovered that sims can play against each other on the handheld consoles. Both sims have to have game consoles in their inventories, then the interaction appears under "Play."

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#5016 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:48 AM
That the Sim Blender teleporter doesn't allow you to make animals selectable. And the tombstone of L&D doesn't allow you to create new pets.
Mad Poster
#5017 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
I would not be surprised in the slightest if Simerella was for child sims, and Our Sim Town was for teens, given the plays they are referencing.

What play is "Our Sim Town" referencing?

I discovered that sims can play against each other on the handheld consoles. Both sims have to have game consoles in their inventories, then the interaction appears under "Play."

They can, but I think it doesn't build relationship? There's something broken about it, which is why I hardly ever use it.
Mad Poster
#5018 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:02 AM
"Our Town," by Thornton Wilder, a staple of the American high school drama club circuit.
http://www.twildersociety.org/works/our-town/

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#5019 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:03 AM
It built relationship when I used it.

"Our Sim Town" would be referencing Our Town by Thornton Wilder, an American classic which won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

ETA: Jinx, Peni.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#5020 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:30 AM
It built relationship when I used it.

I just remembered what it was: It doesn't fulfill the "play with" want! Really annoying, imo.
Theorist
#5021 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Our Town," by Thornton Wilder, a staple of the American high school drama club circuit.
http://www.twildersociety.org/works/our-town/

"Our Sim Town" would be referencing Our Town by Thornton Wilder, an American classic which won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
ETA: Jinx, Peni.

Never heard of it, thanks for linking to it. Though, judging from the article, it's probably not something I'd enjoy to watch, since I dislike plays that are about plays and the whole play-within-a-play trope. Even when Shakespear uses it.

I'd rather watch the "Simmer on the Roof" :-P
Mad Poster
#5022 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That the Sim Blender teleporter doesn't allow you to make animals selectable. And the tombstone of L&D doesn't allow you to create new pets.

The Blender's option to change the motives of all Sims also doesn't affect pets.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5023 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The Blender's option to change the motives of all Sims also doesn't affect pets.

Yeah. XD I have to do pets individually.
Test Subject
#5024 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:04 AM
After playing with the catnip mouse for a bit, one of the household cats started Running Around Crazily. She kept throwing up routing errors every few minutes and I can't tell if it's bad pathing or part of the catnip experience.

EDIT: whoops, typo
Mad Poster
#5025 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:30 AM
I think catnip is to blame, it makes cats run crazily indeed. Or you were wondering about the routine errors? I never play with testingcheats, so no clue.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 201 of 442