Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#5026 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:16 AM
If you ask to learn a new message when you don't have enough money, you get $250.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5027 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:36 AM
A new message?

I also once saw the Stinky Skunk basically run around the lot in exactly the same manner as cats. I didn't dare make him selectable to see what the queue actually said, but seeing as he's a remodeled 'cat', I wonder how much of the code was carried over.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#5028 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:40 AM
hmmm my constant study of typo and autocorrect presume Mordecai meant 'massage'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#5029 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:56 AM
Yeah I meant massage :P
Mad Poster
#5030 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:59 AM
Two more discoveries:

Sims can be both enemies and friends at the same time.

"Influence to...Leave Us Alone." I don't know what this does, though.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#5031 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Two more discoveries:

I wish that worked on the cow mascot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5032 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:30 AM
Sims can get sunburned from making out with other Sims.

Lab Assistant
#5033 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 7:10 AM
A new message?

I also once saw the Stinky Skunk basically run around the lot in exactly the same manner as cats. I didn't dare make him selectable to see what the queue actually said, but seeing as he's a remodeled 'cat', I wonder how much of the code was carried over.

I once had a Skunk run around a lot for hours on end, it was quite entertaining.

I discovered that when the Tickle interaction fails becuse of low relationship, a shy Sim won't slap the other person's hands away like normal, but they will just slowly turn their bodies away and shake their heads no. It's kinda adorable, but I can't help but feel a little bad for them too.
Mad Poster
#5034 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:31 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 6th Feb 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Your sim has a romantic rival. You can spend 1000 influence points to get the rival to leave you alone, but it only lasts 6 sim-hours. See the discussion about romantic rivalry here for more info and additional options for dealing with the rival:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...925#post5325925
Mad Poster
#5035 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:53 AM
Well ah'll be! I never knew that! Thanks Roxellen **gears grinding loudly as Smorbie tries to think of a sim to try this on***

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#5036 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:14 PM
Teens can reed eachother bedtime stories!

Also that Sims who aren't invited to stay the night can sleep in another family's bed. The sleeping teen is not from this house, only the reading teen is.
Test Subject
#5037 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Stray pets can just kind of walk into the house if they feel like it, apparently. I've never seen it before today, but a stray dog waltzed right in and started chewing up the couch! Serves me right for not disallowing pets on the house doors.
Mad Poster
#5038 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Teens can reed eachother bedtime stories!

There are bedtime stories in TS2?
Mad Poster
#5039 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:19 PM
Yes! there is a time window when a child/teen goes to bed, where the option shows I think..or it might even be autonomous? But I had this happen often, just not between teenagers.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5040 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:22 PM
If it's only autonomous, that would explain why I've never seen it! But if it's something I can direct a sim to do, I'm curious what I'd have to click on...the sleeping sim? The bookcase?
Test Subject
#5041 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:36 PM
You click on the sleeping sim, once they've gotten into bed but before they fall asleep and have z's over their head. I've only managed to catch the interaction a handful of times, the timing of it is really finicky.
Mad Poster
#5042 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:15 AM
Pescado's bathroomusesyou doesn't quite cooperate with authorizedpersonnelonly. I set up the alarm so that only two Sims could enter it, but BRY keeps trying to pull the other Sims in. They just stand by the door, unable to enter.

Mad Poster
#5043 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
You click on the sleeping sim, once they've gotten into bed but before they fall asleep and have z's over their head. I've only managed to catch the interaction a handful of times, the timing of it is really finicky.

Not at all finicky for me, it's available all night. But it requires a chair to be placed by the head of the bed. Like this picture

However, it seems to be one of those interactions that may be different for different people. I've seen some claim they don't need a chair there, and in my game it does not appear with a chair anywhere else in the room. Unfortunately the chair choosing logic is in a lua, so no way for me to consult code on this particular thing. But if you want to try it, try putting one there and if your game is anything like mine it'll be there all night

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#5044 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:46 AM
I have parents autonomously reading children to sleep all the time, sitting on the floor. I've never been able to direct them to do it, but I've never had a chair placed there, either. I've never seen teens read to each other.

Today I discovered that Ginger Newson's underwear is actually less scanty than her everyday wear.
Mad Poster
#5045 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:36 PM
That a model train set can set itself on fire O_O. Probably the cause of it is overused, which what might cause it to short-circuit. Wasn't expecting to happen nor had of that possibility in my mind of that even happening. I only just wanted to know If the trait stops where and when I cancel the operate interaction.

Welp, unfortunately, the child died. The Fire was too much for my plantsim to save the kid in time, while the mom behind is panicking of the ongoing fire. The Father did call the fire department.

Nevermind. One of the adults pleaded and won successfully. The Child is alive again.
Top Secret Researcher
#5046 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That a model train set can set itself on fire O_O. Probably the cause of it is overused, which what might cause it to short-circuit. Wasn't expecting to happen nor had of that possibility in my mind of that even happening. I only just wanted to know If the trait stops where and when I cancel the operate interaction.

Welp, unfortunately, the child died. The Fire was too much for my plantsim to save the kid in time, while the mom behind is panicking of the ongoing fire. The Father did call the fire department.

Nevermind. One of the adults pleaded and won successfully. The Child is alive again.

That happened in my game. The child died in the fire which quickly consumed her before parents could get help.
Top Secret Researcher
#5047 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:49 PM
You suppose there's a mod to prevent those?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#5048 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:46 PM
There is. SimWardrobe has/had a mod to stop the Model train from catching on fire. (Check out ihate's signature a few posts up.)

One of the few times I lost a child to the social worker was when the damn nanny died by fire caused by the train. The nanny neglected the toddler I hired her to take care of to continually play with the train. The train caught fire, and since I had the train outside but didn't have a smoke detector outside there was no one to call the fire department. The toddler couldn't, and the nanny died of fire in the bathroom. The social worker came for the toddler since both parents were at work and the nanny was dead.

I found the mod to stop the train catching fire after, and also found a mod to stop the social worker.
Field Researcher
#5049 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:15 AM
Sims can be both enemies and friends at the same time.

Aww, that looks like Raneka King. <3

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#5050 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:20 AM
It is Raneka King. I'm playing the King-Montes household now.

Page 202 of 442