Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 11:36 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 25th Sep 2016 at 12:05 AM.
Default Steam Bans Digital Homicide, An Angry Developer For Attempting To Sue Customers Over Bad Reviews
Actually this is old news but this is great insight for anyone in game forum, that game developers are supposed to listen to negative critics and correcting the mistakes from the critics, not immaturely doing whatever they want and imposing their ego to customers.

Digital Homicide's attempt to sue 100 Steam customers, news retrieved from this SOURCE

Valve bans developer from Steam after it sues customers over bad reviews, news retrieved from this SOURCE
Quote:
A game developer has been banned from Steam after users claimed that it had attempted to sue 100 users of the platform for $18 million (£13.8 million)—for the crime of leaving bad reviews.

FURTHER READING
Valve tackles dodgy devs cheating Steam review scores
Digital Homicide, which has released dozens of small games mostly available for a couple of quid each, had its titles removed from Valve's popular digital distribution platform on Friday night. Its boss, James Romine, was granted a subpoena by a court in Arizona apparently allowing him to demand the release of "identification and associated data" of anonymous Steam users.

The lawsuit listed in turn the misdemeanours of dozens of John/Jane Does, which include counts of "harassment," "stalking," and "cyber-bullying."

In a brief e-mail sent to Vice's Motherboard at the end of last week, Valve's marketing veep Doug Lombardi confirmed that "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers."

However, Romine hit back over the weekend, accusing Valve of failing "to provide a safe environment" by not dealing with a high volume of abusive comments from Steam users and showing "a reckless disregard for the wellbeing of their community for profits." Romine said:

We submitted numerous reports and sent multiple emails in regards to individuals making personal attacks, harassment, and more on not only us but on other Steam customers who were actually interested in our products. The lawsuit that was submitted in regards to a handful of Steam users has been labelled by the media and now by Doug Lombardi's statement as 'being hostile to Steam users' in general which is incorrect.
The lawsuit recently filed is solely in regards to individuals where no resolution was able to be obtained from Steam to provide a safe environment for us to conduct business.
He went on to point out a number of examples of the admittedly bracing abuse he and his company had received.

Predictably, users haven't taken kindly to the lawsuit, and aggressive comments on the developer's Steam group have been pouring in.

This is not Digital Homicide's first brush with controversy. Earlier this year, the studio pursued a separate, yet-to-be-settled lawsuit against the semi-celebrity game critic Jim Sterling, demanding $10 million (£7.7 million) in damages for a series of bad reviews of its games going back to 2014. Romine's GoFundMe account, set up to fund the suit, has made just $425 of his $75,000 goal, even though he claims he "received a pile of feces in the mail" and that he had had messages saying things like "Your wife is a w****," and "I hope you die in a fiery car crash."

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 3:59 AM
lol what are they thinking?
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 6th Oct 2016 at 4:10 AM.
Digital Homicide is gone now
https://www.destructoid.com/digital...rs-390620.phtml

Their upkeep was their downfall, they couldn't pay the lawyers to proceed any further. I wonder if even with this conclusion they'll still hold a grudge and show up in gaming news some time in the future.