Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 3:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Toddlers won't learn...well, its toddler skills!
So, I was playing with this family I created and my sims really wanted to have a baby. I've never really had any babies since I'm not very patient with them, but I decided to give it a try. That being said the baby was born and soon became a 'toddler'. The thing is: I can't teach the baby anything!

It's a fairy baby, I'm not sure if that's a problem but I have a feeling I played a random family in Moonlight falls with a fairy baby and she would learn her skills just normally. I have no idea why it's not working with this one...
I've spent hours trying to teach him how to walk or how to talk, potty training and everything but he won't learn, the blue skill bar just won't get full, it never increases! The only thing he was able to learn was logic with that toy I know you know. He grew up as an inconvenient child and is annoying as hell but lucky enough that I like his simparents...
Can anyone help me with this? I've reseted him once but nothing seemed to change
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
I can confirm that a fairy toddler does learn toddler skills in a normal situation. Have you tried temporarily removing your CC to see if you have something interfering? (If you only have one toddler, it's probably pointless to ask if this has started happening with all toddlers or just this one. But it would be handy to know if the problem is widespread or just confined to the one toddler.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I can confirm that a fairy toddler does learn toddler skills in a normal situation. Have you tried temporarily removing your CC to see if you have something interfering? (If you only have one toddler, it's probably pointless to ask if this has started happening with all toddlers or just this one. But it would be handy to know if the problem is widespread or just confined to the one toddler.)

The problem is that my game has no CC installed since I have a feeling my computer wouldn't make it at all because even playing online makes my game stop working. Aside that I don't have many playability problems, it runs smoothly but some things just don't work. This thing with toddlers is one of them, that's why I was asking... :c Most of my complains are about Island Paradise since most of its interactions and other things do not work, like exploring underwater caves and mermaids with no tail... I've searched for help in other sites and googled it as well but one seems to know what happened...

Thanks for your help anyway
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 6:23 PM
If what you are playing is basically a vanilla game, and your system is strong enough to handle the game, then either something in the user files (probably the save) is messed up or the game itself is messed up.
Since you mention that even playing online makes it stop working, the system specs can be an issue here.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...em_Requirements is a wiki page showing what the users at MTS have discovered to be the actual system requirements for TS3 (as opposed to the system requirements that EA published with the base game and never updated to reflect the EP and SP impact. Basically, EA is trying to tell you that running the game with a full household, all EPs and SPs, and any CC you might have requires no more system resources than being able to run just the base game with a single sim and low settings. Which is my personal theory as to the real reason that the 1.69 patch tells you to run with only a couple of packs at one time and randomly deactivates them.)

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:System_Specs is a link to findig out exactly what you have.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If what you are playing is basically a vanilla game, and your system is strong enough to handle the game, then either something in the user files (probably the save) is messed up or the game itself is messed up.
Since you mention that even playing online makes it stop working, the system specs can be an issue here.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...em_Requirements is a wiki page showing what the users at MTS have discovered to be the actual system requirements for TS3 (as opposed to the system requirements that EA published with the base game and never updated to reflect the EP and SP impact. Basically, EA is trying to tell you that running the game with a full household, all EPs and SPs, and any CC you might have requires no more system resources than being able to run just the base game with a single sim and low settings. Which is my personal theory as to the real reason that the 1.69 patch tells you to run with only a couple of packs at one time and randomly deactivates them.)

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:System_Specs is a link to findig out exactly what you have.

Thank you! I'll definitely give these a check!
As for the toddler problems, I've realized it only happened to that kid for some reason since I made them have another child and this one learns just fine. Still facing some other problems, but I'll try to figure those out after reading these links you sent... EA seems to be trolling me well after all.

Once again, thanks for your help!