Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:16 AM
Default Beds and sofas disappear when placed
So last month my hard drive died and I lost years worth of games and custom content. I had to start over from scratch with a new install of the game (All of the packs and expansions. Everything up to date.) And I have been installing CC. Stuff from here but also things like Peacemaker's meshes and objects and Veranka's double bed. I have been very careful to make sure I am getting the meshes for objects - at least I feel I have been - but some sofas and a lot of my beds are showing up in my content library, I select it to place, I can see the item as I am placing it, and as soon as I release it into place the cost leaves my bank and the item disappears.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? I checked to see if there was a batch fix from Sims4Studio but nothing that seems to address this issue. I do use some adult mods, but I used them before my hard drive issue and never had this problem. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 4:11 AM
Batch fix. go down the list.
Veranka's stuff is pretty old (in sim lifespan terms) - if you know you have all the meshes, batch fixing should fix - otherwise, somehow you missed a mesh.

FYI, I don't think this is your problem since you lost everything, but I did have a weird glitch which wouldn't be fixed by batch fixing: my save got corrupt and EA items that had been recolored could not be purchased and placed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Batch fix. go down the list.
Veranka's stuff is pretty old (in sim lifespan terms) - if you know you have all the meshes, batch fixing should fix - otherwise, somehow you missed a mesh.

I will give it a try. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Little.Tart
I will give it a try. Thanks.

Pls let us know if you worked it out.