Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:57 PM
Default Make sims from a save into a .package file?
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or something!

So, I made a couple cats in TS4. My sister likes the designs, and wants some of them to be in her pre-existing save. I've seen people share their sims in .package files and put them in their game as if it was a mod. How could I make the sims in my file into .packages? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find a solution. Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedhelppleasehelpme
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or something!

So, I made a couple cats in TS4. My sister likes the designs, and wants some of them to be in her pre-existing save. I've seen people share their sims in .package files and put them in their game as if it was a mod. How could I make the sims in my file into .packages? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find a solution. Thanks for your time.

i would upload the cats into the Exchange and let her download them into her save.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:34 AM
The gallery is an option, but so is Sims 4 tray importer. You'd have to download that, but it's very useful for finding broken cc and for sharing Sims.

You'd put the cats in their own household and save them to your library (if they're already saved, you can skip this step).

Exit the game and start up Sims 4 tray importer. You'll see the families in your library on the left hand side of the program.

Find the family with the cats (if byou just saved because he's, they'll be at the top, if not you'll just have to look).

Once you click on the family their info should pop up on the right. From here you will be able to save the tray files for that household separately and give them to your sister.

I know it's not a . package file, but the tray files can be put directly in her tray folder (found in her Sims 4 documents like the mods folder) and the family should show up in her library.

I hope this helps. Happy simming.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:47 PM
Thanks, both of you! I'll try these out.
I'm curious, though, does anyone know how you would make a single sim into a .package?