Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MosconeCtr
I have to disagree. The more I hear about Sims 4 the more I'm inclined to believe that they totally messed up yet another time around especially if the rumour that it was initially created as an online game turns out to be true!
I pity all those people, posting about their wants and fears regarding Sims 4 – as if there's actually room left for changes. There's not and all their ideas about a new game should really go into THIS thread.

Well... if anyone's really HEARD anything about Sims 4 other than it's going to be released in 2014 then you know more than most of us do. We know it's going to be single player. If you give credence to the rumour that it was initially created as online - well, that means that they back tracked (thanks to their muck up of SimCity 2013) and decided to make it single player with a better online capability (should they change their minds) than what TS3 and Simport was.

As for The Sims 5 - I'm betting it will be online. I think TS4 is single player only now because of the SimCity debacle and no one wants to relive that horror.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 8:02 PM
As somebody already pointed out in a different thread (can't remember which one – there are far too many), if Sims 4 was initially an multi-player or online game (what's the difference, by the way?) then the game-engine was probably designed for that and all their doing know is building onto THAT engine – they don't have the time to build a proper single-player game-engine. So – what we'll get, from the very beginning on is ONLY A FIX. Not a properly designed game. Tell me that's not crap!
Therefore – wishing for Sims 5 to be a single-player game and being planned for that is a good start, I think
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
But it has "happened" now! When's a good time to discuss it? I don't even know if anyone from EA/Maxis/Sims studio's reads these posts? I think sometimes they do, because somethings have been added to the game, which came from fans...or it was already in the works.

The point was Sims 4 is going to be what it is, and it could be really cool...I'm willing to give them a chance. However, since people already have high expectations for Sims 4. I just thought I'd summarize in my opinion, what a Sims game was. This may have already happened and then some? Sure Sims 5 is way too early to talk about, if there is one? But, it's always good to bring attention to things before they even start it...unless they have and I should of made a Sims 6 thread!

Oh and 2029!! God, I don't think it will take 25 years to get a Sims 5, but if it takes them that long to get it right, and I'm still alive to enjoy it, then so be it!

Look I am only making a rough a guess about the date. It is more likely to be something like 2018 or 2020 as we have not had any news on how many expansion or stuff packs yet. As I said, it is like when I spent five years waiting for a game once which eventually came out so what I am saying to this that I think it is not wise to predict a game and if sims 4 turns out worse than the others then we may not even speak of another sims game. I guess that some of them do but they never care to do anything about them.

I think this game should be talked when we are close to finishing sims 4 or wait for something from the EA sims team.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#29 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 2:31 AM
They wont ever stop making the Sims series. It is one of the biggest cash cows for them.

Besides, they are making games that are suited to the newer generation, even now there are plenty of new players to the series that have never played Sims 2. Most of them don't know any better and will play almost anything that provides them with some fun.

I do hope they bring back the challenges but they may make the game even easier than it is now which would be bad for some of us. I guess we would have to wait for Sims 5 or hope that another company will make a Sims game catering for the old school stuff.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Look I am only making a rough a guess about the date. It is more likely to be something like 2018 or 2020.

I figured you meant that, I was just playing with ya!

I think this game should be talked when we are close to finishing sims 4 or wait for something from the EA sims team.

They are close to finishing the base game or are now polishing it up, and also they probably have a team working on an expansion or two. If the date is not changed, it's only 9 months away, that's not very long. Or do you mean when they are finishing the Sims 4 series? As you know there's another EP for Sims 3 coming out (or has it come out?), and Sims 4 is coming out in March. Which means they were already working on Sims 4, when Sims 3 originally came out. They did the same thing with the Original Sims and Sims 2. New EP for the original, but announced Sims 2 around the same time. However, they kept changing the release date. I think Sims 3 came out when it was supposed too, but I don't recall?

Also, I've learned from the past that EA are the last people that provide information. Yes, there's rumours that start and then some of them come true and others do not. But if you have encountered long waits for patches, then you have an idea how long it takes EA to address any positive or negative information.

So, yet another reason to talk about Sims 5. We've got to try to get to them before they sit down and discuss what direction to go into next. I think it's safe to say most of us want this franchise to survive. Consider this a guide to work with, along with any other threads that have ideas. Let's work together: Player's & EAxis!

And again, I know we don't know what Sims 4 will entail. I really am hoping for it to be a great game. But, it's healthy to discuss the far future, while waiting for the near future!
Scholar
#31 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:14 PM
Sims 5 needs more sprinklers.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
They are close to finishing the base game or are now polishing it up, and also they probably have a team working on an expansion or two. If the date is not changed, it's only 9 months away, that's not very long. Or do you mean when they are finishing the Sims 4 series? As you know there's another EP for Sims 3 coming out (or has it come out?), and Sims 4 is coming out in March. Which means they were already working on Sims 4, when Sims 3 originally came out. They did the same thing with the Original Sims and Sims 2. New EP for the original, but announced Sims 2 around the same time. However, they kept changing the release date. I think Sims 3 came out when it was supposed too, but I don't recall?

Also, I've learned from the past that EA are the last people that provide information. Yes, there's rumours that start and then some of them come true and others do not. But if you have encountered long waits for patches, then you have an idea how long it takes EA to address any positive or negative information.

So, yet another reason to talk about Sims 5. We've got to try to get to them before they sit down and discuss what direction to go into next. I think it's safe to say most of us want this franchise to survive. Consider this a guide to work with, along with any other threads that have ideas. Let's work together: Player's & EAxis!

And again, I know we don't know what Sims 4 will entail. I really am hoping for it to be a great game. But, it's healthy to discuss the far future, while waiting for the near future!

That is my hope also.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 9:11 PM
the title of this thread alone makes my brain sad.
Alchemist
#34 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MosconeCtr
I have to disagree. The more I hear about Sims 4

What exactly have you heard. I haven't heard much of anything. Did I miss some information releases by EA?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:31 PM
To all of you "But we haven't heard ANYTHING yet"-sayers: Don't give me that BS! You've all heard and read enough about The Sims 4 or you wouldn't even bother to open this thread let alone participate. If you didn't, go to all the other Sims 4 threads and read up there. "Sims 4 trailer June 10 at E3, key staff listed inside" and "Information - Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4" are particularly revealing. (I'm not gonna make it easy for you "Nay"-sayers!)
Having said the above, the total lack of official information about Sims 4 is, in my opinion, more reason for suspicion than hope. I carried my last bit of hope regarding The Sims to the grave with the release of The Sims 3. This is why I mostly contribute to The Sims 5 thread.
So, you can all go back to the "What you wish most for The Sims 4"-threads if you can't take the pain of the vastly realistic voices in this one.
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:52 PM
What does The Sims 5 look like ?

I have some probably unpopular opinions about this. Somebody goes out of the way really fast because I think the issue of the open world is a pretty big one. I think that that’s probably the most like debated thing like the biggest issue with the students.

Where people have is like this open world there’s loading screens and the let’s talk I’m gonna explain to you guys. How the Sims 3 worked for a second just like refresh your memory maybe you didn’t play it you didn’t know but the Sims 3 had an open world. So you could travel from your home a lot to like the library downtown with no loading screen your Sim would get in a car drive down there. source : https://techinfohq.com/sims-5-relea...-and-confirmed/
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:46 AM
No need to bring back a 6 year old thread guys. Ever.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Sims 5 would not even be released until about 2019...

2019 called. Said it wanted a double cheese pizza - large and hold The Sims 5.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

One Minute Ninja'd
#39 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:59 AM
This doesn't even count as a necro'd thread. It's more like an archaeology dig.
Smeg Head
#40 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 6:39 PM
The last three big patches that came with EPs have been the biggest ever, getting progressively bigger each time. Cat's & Dogs bigger than anything in previous iterations. (And the Pets patch were always the biggest in TS2 & TS3). Then Seasons and Fame patches, each respectively bigger than that. So TS4 patches are already record-breaking compared with other iterations. Then we get a reworking of Python on top of all that. For those a bit slow, if you haven't already worked it out yet, they are actually turning TS4 into TS5. With 2-3 years left to go, that's exactly what the game will be by then.

I don't know if you can officially call the end product TS5, but TS4 will actually be incorrect by then as well.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Inventor
#41 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
The last three big patches that came with EPs have been the biggest ever, getting progressively bigger each time. Cat's & Dogs bigger than anything in previous iterations. (And the Pets patch were always the biggest in TS2 & TS3). Then Seasons and Fame patches, each respectively bigger than that. So TS4 patches are already record-breaking compared with other iterations. Then we get a reworking of Python on top of all that. For those a bit slow, if you haven't already worked it out yet, they are actually turning TS4 into TS5. With 2-3 years left to go, that's exactly what the game will be by then.

I don't know if you can officially call the end product TS5, but TS4 will actually be incorrect by then as well.

The Sims 5, according to coolspear1
Mad Poster
#42 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
No need to bring back a 6 year old thread guys. Ever.

I mean, I'm not gonna point fingers, but it's someb- IT IS ALL (by the user named) @ABIDIBN's FAULT! HE AWAKEN THE ANCIENT ONE.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One Minute Ninja'd
#43 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

That means we can start a new TS6 thread and not keep this one from 2013 on life support. Sounds fair.
Page 2 of 2