Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9851 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:44 PM
Lots of variations of the kilt designs in case the neighbourhood just has that type of culture, or if the simmer feels in the mood for that kind of fashion (Or putting blue ribbons 'round a man's 'lad'.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9852 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:07 PM
I think I said this a long time ago, but a hack that restores the BG behaviour where the Build/Buy mode music would fade out when switching modes.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#9853 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
A modified Vampire aging mod - one that lets vampires age maybe once every Tuesday, or maybe once every four seasons.

Have you checked out this one?
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2419
Mad Poster
#9854 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Have you checked out this one?
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2419

Leefish's slow aging mod wouldn't affect vampires. Basically, I want a mod that combines vampire aging and selective slow aging.
Theorist
#9855 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 7:51 AM
Leefish's slow aging mod wouldn't affect vampires. Basically, I want a mod that combines vampire aging and selective slow aging.

Why wouldn't it affect vampires? Just curious, I don't play with them so I know next to nothing 'bout them.

I do however use this mod and like it very much. I can set varyin ages for multiple sims on the same lot. I can have one that doesn't age at all, one that ages once a week, one that'll age twice a week, one that'll age three times a week, and then lastly one that'll age normally.
Mad Poster
#9856 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Why wouldn't it affect vampires? Just curious, I don't play with them so I know next to nothing 'bout them.

I do however use this mod and like it very much. I can set varyin ages for multiple sims on the same lot. I can have one that doesn't age at all, one that ages once a week, one that'll age twice a week, one that'll age three times a week, and then lastly one that'll age normally.

It shows which creatures the mod affects, and it doesn't affect vampires.
Mad Poster
#9857 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 10:02 AM

You mean like Midgethetree's "Slow Aging for Vampires"?

http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...s-age-very-very
Mad Poster
#9858 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You mean like Midgethetree's "Slow Aging for Vampires"?

http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...s-age-very-very

Thank you! You are so awesome! Will the other lifestates age differently or the same as normal sims? Either way, this is what I've been looking for for a LONG time!
Mad Poster
#9859 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 8:01 PM
Midgethetree is awesome. All I did was to remember that she edited BO's mod for vampires.

According to Midge's blog page: "By default vampires now age once a week when adults/elders but normally otherwise." I assume BO's original settings are still there (normal humans, werewolves, plantsims, witches). This is an edit of BO's original Slow Aging Controller, so should still be editable just like his original mod if you want to set up aging differently for various age groups and/or species. Instructions for editing the BCON are on BO's original download page:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2419.html
Forum Resident
#9860 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:36 PM
Definitely something like the blue print tool from sims 3.
Mad Poster
#9861 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:35 PM
Chatting with someone over computer should put said Sim first in the relationship panel. Or/with an indicator of some kind (thought bubble) of the Sim's headshot so you can tell what Sim they're communicating with.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#9862 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:55 PM
I would like to see a mod that provided an slightly modified "serve meal" action, so that my Sims could cook meal for 6 but not actually serve it on individual plates.
Yeah, just leave that big bowl of cereal on the counter and let everybody serve themselves when they get up.
Theorist
#9863 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I would like to see a mod that provided an slightly modified "serve meal" action, so that my Sims could cook meal for 6 but not actually serve it on individual plates.
Yeah, just leave that big bowl of cereal on the counter and let everybody serve themselves when they get up.

Not sure if you know this ... If you click on the stove you can pick to make individual things or a group meal. They won't serve it, but place it on the counter. I hafta catch my peeps as they do that if I want them to take a bowl or they'll auto put it away as I have a mod that tells them to put leftovers away. I use this when they don't really have any cookin points and can only make sandwiches and this way I can direct them to make Mac 'n Cheese instead.
Mad Poster
#9864 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:35 AM
The problem with using this is that, if the meal was not served, children can't take plates/bowl from it. And since children cannot *serve*...
What i do instead, is to cancel the *serve* action. The sim will then just put back the serving plate back on the counter. But since the sim was about to serve it, it acts as if it was..and children can help themselves.
My Nanny does this all the time. She makes group meals, but does not serve them. So I really need a fridge full of leftovers.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#9865 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 1:03 AM
A mod that adds separate tops and bottoms ability for all outfit categories. I noticed in when i was making some townie sims yesterday that only the everyday category has that option.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#9866 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:20 AM
I want something like the Sims 3 has where you can choose your Sim's career outfit. It's kinda unfortunate seeing the same meh suit and basic blue dress for every sim every. I don't want to default replace them because then it's the same problem just with a maybe nicer outfit. Sims show up to community lots in it sometimes even. There's a fair bit of Maxis clothing, especially from Apartment Life that would look at home in an office job

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Forum Resident
#9867 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:38 AM
I wish the pictures taken with the artist career reward camera were saved in storytelling. I have 2 sims with photography galleries (one landscapes, one portraits) and I'm actually pretty proud of some of the pictures I've taken, but the only record is the physical pictures.
Scholar
#9868 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Not sure if you know this ... If you click on the stove you can pick to make individual things or a group meal. They won't serve it, but place it on the counter. I hafta catch my peeps as they do that if I want them to take a bowl or they'll auto put it away as I have a mod that tells them to put leftovers away. I use this when they don't really have any cookin points and can only make sandwiches and this way I can direct them to make Mac 'n Cheese instead.

I never really use group meals, so maybe I should try it. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The problem with using this is that, if the meal was not served, children can't take plates/bowl from it. And since children cannot *serve*...
What i do instead, is to cancel the *serve* action. The sim will then just put back the serving plate back on the counter. But since the sim was about to serve it, it acts as if it was..and children can help themselves.
My Nanny does this all the time. She makes group meals, but does not serve them. So I really need a fridge full of leftovers.

Well, when I cancel the interaction my Sims usually put the big bowl on the floor. Which works the same, yeah, but it is not as nice. So I go into build mode and move it.
Of course that works, but seems like it is something that Sims could do by themselves.
Cook, consider it served, do not check whether there is room on the table and just put it on the counter.

It would make sense for Sims in a rush (hey, kids, I left your breakfast in the counter, I'm heading to the shower now!) instead of wasting their time serving and finally going to work without having a single bite.
Or maybe it's just me
Mad Poster
#9869 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 3:39 PM
Make sense alright. Or, we mod the make meal into a served make meal that everyone can help themselves from. Not me but..a great modder.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#9870 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
A mod that adds separate tops and bottoms ability for all outfit categories. I noticed in when i was making some townie sims yesterday that only the everyday category has that option.
You can do that using SimPE. I have outerwear in separates (jeans with jackets), formals and pj's. You change the values of the items in SimPE and buy the separates as separates - they will not show up as a buy choice as separates for outerwear or formal though, just as everyday separates. When choosing your outerwear for example, you can select the pieces you've changed for top and bottom once you've purchased them. Be careful to create modified values for both tops and bottoms to avoid sims with jacket but no bottom or jeans with no top walking around. (I definitely wouldn't make them game selectable for townies though since you'll get the topless or bottomless thing.) Almighty Hat explains how. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html
Mad Poster
#9871 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:02 AM
What I'd like (not that anyone is ever going to do it..) is for Community Lot Time and the VC to be made compatible so they can be used together. I don't know what the issue is-but it's sad when you can't use one particular mod because it interferes with the working of another..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9872 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:28 AM
Some other traits that would work with Midge's mods... like certain sims might like witches but not vampires, or vampires but not witches, etc. People who are into witches but not into other creatures might want to see others get cured of all creature states except witch. The Lugosi-Obsessed will be into vampires but if they are repelled by other creatures, they will wish cures on those other creature states.
Mad Poster
#9873 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
What I'd like (not that anyone is ever going to do it..) is for Community Lot Time and the VC to be made compatible so they can be used together. I don't know what the issue is-but it's sad when you can't use one particular mod because it interferes with the working of another..

I have both mods in my game and haven't noticed either interfering with the other. What problems are you having in your game?
Mad Poster
#9874 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:02 PM
Some other traits that would work with Midge's mods... like certain sims might like witches but not vampires, or vampires but not witches, etc. People who are into witches but not into other creatures might want to see others get cured of all creature states except witch. The Lugosi-Obsessed will be into vampires but if they are repelled by other creatures, they will wish cures on those other creature states.

I'd like to see hacks for killing those wants for specific creatures only. It's annoying when I've decided that some of them are not curable.
Mad Poster
#9875 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:09 PM
As I mentioned in a DM, the last time I had played the CLT and VC together, they clashed so badly that I had to shut down the game the hard way. I've not used it since that I remember. I can reinstall CLT and see if that has changed-but I distinctly remember there was one hack that did interfere badly with it, and I believed that it was the VC.

I'll see what happens when I put it back in.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 395 of 576