Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:50 PM
Default Basement Under Existing Foundation
So I am on a small lot with a pre-existing Maxis house that has a foundation. It is becoming too small and wanted to build the bedrooms in a basement.
I tried building stairs from the main floor and hit the ctrl key but it says bottom of stairs are off the lot.
I tried putting the basement in and building stairs up but the only spot it will allow is the narrow strip of land that doesn't have the house above it.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I don't want mini stairs from foundation to terrain level then regular stairs to basement.
How do I do this? Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 5:07 PM
A printscreen might help..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 7:23 PM
Not sure how a print screen would help. I just need to know how to add a basement to a house with a foundation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 7:54 PM
I figured it out. I had to use the basement tool while on the main floor and start it just big enough to accommodate the stairs. Used ctrl to make the stairs go down while on the main floor then go down a level to the basement and make it the size I want.
Just explaining in case anyone else is confused how to do it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:44 PM
I was going to say another way to do it might be to cut out a bit of the foundation first and take a short flight of stairs down to ground level, then another flight from there down to the basement

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)