Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:14 AM
Default How to make a Jogging Track mod but for Horses
So for a long time (like 13 years now) I've lurked silently around the modding community and have modded my game extensively, and in the past two years I've just started making my own little tweaks to the game. I have an equestrian-centric world that is a major personal project of mine, and I want to see what would be involved to take the Jogging Track Marker mod, and tweak it to work with the "Go For A Ride" option, where you can control the horse's gait and such. Other people on the comments for that mod have mentioned a desire for a horse version, however the original creator is no longer active. I feel there is so much potential for a mod like this as you could build horse lots that aren't simply racing or jumping-based.

Evidently, the game must use some sort of marker or something for the Ride feature, and even to be able to add the different gait functionality to the racing posts would be amazing. I'm just not sure where to start looking into how to do this and what would be required. I've been poking around in S3PE for two years, so I'm fairly comfortable with that utility and I'm always keen to learn more programs and work with others.

Can anyone help me with how to implement this or where to start?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 2:21 AM
Hmm are you familiar with scripting? The first thing I'd do is decompile that jogging tracker mod to see there are pieces I can re-use and somehow swap the interaction from Jogging to Horse Riding one. At least on a high level that's what I'd try first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:40 AM
Thank you for responding! I've been looking into learning how to script for the sims, and have perused a few tutorials already, so I can probably maybe get to that point. Do you have any other tips for someone who is just learning scripting as to how to go about decompiling a package file, etc.?

Thank you again so much, I've been checking this post every day since I put it up.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:27 AM
Open the package in s3pe.
Right click on the s3sa resouce. Choose Export Script. Save it somewhere.
Look at it with whatever programm you are using to decompile C#
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 9:40 AM
Hi! I'm the one who came up with this idea and I'm very curious to hear how is OP coming along or if they have been successful in trying some tweaking to this mod? :-) Also, I could give it a whirl myself when I got a little more time in my hands.