Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:47 PM
Help With Zerbu Mod Constructor
Hello!
I've recently ventured into the world of creating custom content from scratch (ie, no base to edit) and I stumbled upon the Zerbu Mod Constructor. Now I have the test version 3 straight from Zerbu themselves, but am having trouble.
(Yes I've read the PDF that Zerbu has made but it hasn't answered my question)

I have made a Party Animal trait (yes i know there is a party animal aspiration, but I wanted it to be a trait, not an aspiration) and it has worked pretty well. It loads into my game as expected. I wanted to test the buffs that I had made, so i loaded them up onto a random sim, sent them to the social venue and... I received a buff in the wrong venue.

I set up a buff for the sim to sleep after they had partied, however I was receiving the buff when they just arrived at the venue. I'm not sure if I missed something out, but if someone has had this problem before or can point me in the right direct to fix this, I will be truly truly grateful!!

Thanks in advance!
CharlArts
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:39 PM
I'm very new with the Mod Constructor as well. From what I've gathered from playing around with it, I think that the way buffs work is that if you want a Party buff to be active only after the checks are hit, then you need an Active Trait. And there should be (if you're using V3, anyway, which is what I was looking into) a "By Specific Location Type" sort of trigger. I think you can narrow it down by the type and if your sim owns it or not, but I don't know if you can do it by a SPECIFIC venue. Like if you set up a Nightclub in Oasis Springs and you want him to be able to party there, then you'd have to set it up as nightclub venue in the constructor. But he'll be able to party at all nightclubs, not just that specific one.

As for another buff happening right after another, I'm not entirely sure. From what you're describing, it sounds like you want something like after two Sims woohoo where they will automatically fall asleep afterwards. I'm not 100% sure if that's possible with the constructor but hey, I'm just as new as you are, so maybe I'm wrong.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 2:03 PM