Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:50 PM
What are Your Favorite Bands?
This is the place to talk about your favorite band(s)! Yay!

I'll start, my favorite bands are:
1.MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!! :lovestruc
2.Green Day
3.Paramore
Yep.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:03 PM
Easier to link my last.fm profile here than to make a massive list. It's accurate enough from 2006 to the present.

High school me would weigh in heavier on Midnight Oil, the Replacements, Sonic Youth and the Pretenders, and my college era lists would probably be topped by Lunachicks and a bunch of bands that were kicking around on labels like K, Kill Rock Stars, and Shimmydisc in the 90's.
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:24 PM
Yeah, here's my Last.fm too:
http://www.last.fm/user/KZakula

Honestly, I stopped really focusing on many bands at some point in the last few years, now I just kind of listen to whatever. Some stuff I picked up on during middle/high school, a few things I found more recently, and then a bunch of music 'inherited' from my mom. Top artists are probably the ones right on my profile, but generally if it's in my charts I like it...

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:56 PM
what i have on the shelf above my monitor:

sigur ros
cheveu
bjork
El Grupo Nuevo De Omar Rodriguez Lopez
bosnian rainbows
les savy fav
glasser
husker du
pretty girls make graves
the postal service
bright eyes
sonny sharrock
captain beefheart
soundgarden
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:24 AM
Fall Out Boy. Patrick Stump's vocals are amazing. :lovestruc:
Inventor
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 9:40 AM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 2nd Apr 2014 at 5:40 AM.
SYSTEM OF A FUCKING DOWN!!

Otherwise I usually listen to classic rock like AC/DC and Pearl Jam.

edit: now thinking of it pearl jam does not really classify as classic, but its still good.
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 1:28 PM
Lamb of God
Avenged Sevenfold
Killswitch Engage
A Day to Remember

I also listen to Parkway Drive every now and then. I used to listen to MCR a lot, too.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:46 PM
Cradle of Filth, Killswitch Engage, Lacrimas Profundere, Virgin Black, Nine Inch Nails. The list is huge, but these are my go to favorites.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 5:40 PM
My favourite band is Blood on the Dance Floor, I'm obsessed with them! I've been to see them 3 times (every time they've come to England), I've got about 14 t-shirts and all their albums, and all my friends know who they are now because of my facebook! I've met Jayy Von Monroe once (he is that gorgeous in real life!), and have met Dahvie Vanity twice!

I've always loved clubbing and dance music rather than liking bands, so this is all new to me! Usually my favourite CD's are compilations by Clubland or Ministry of Sound, and I still listen to my old Bonkers CD's now and then.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:54 AM
Yay to the Killswitch fans!

Besides from KSE, I love...

Dream Theater
TesseracT
Epica
*spends a long time thinking*
I'm sure there's more but all I can think about is K-pop~

My favorite K-pop bands are
2ne1
JYJ
Super Junior
Nine Muses
...SNSD is growing on me
TVXQ
Shinee
BIGBANG
Block B
And a lot more that I'm forgetting.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
My favourite band is Blood on the Dance Floor, I'm obsessed with them! I've been to see them 3 times (every time they've come to England), I've got about 14 t-shirts and all their albums, and all my friends know who they are now because of my facebook! I've met Jayy Von Monroe once (he is that gorgeous in real life!), and have met Dahvie Vanity twice!

I've always loved clubbing and dance music rather than liking bands, so this is all new to me! Usually my favourite CD's are compilations by Clubland or Ministry of Sound, and I still listen to my old Bonkers CD's now and then.

Can I ask you a question..?
(and please don't take this the wrong way. I just always wanted to chat with a BOTDF fan)
What exactly do you like about them?
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:49 AM
Yeah I don't mind questions. Well I first heard of them when I was messing about on Youtube, and someone had used Lovestruck as a video soundtrack. I just loved it instantly, so I asked who it was and they said BOTDF. So I looked up some more of their stuff, and I loved it! I think maybe because I love dance music (I think you call it techno in America), some of BOTDF's stuff is electronic, and has similar elements. I'm not sure, but I do have very different music taste than most people anyway, I'm not into Indie music or RnB. I also fell a bit in love with Jayy when I first saw him, he is gorgeous! And after meeting them, they were so nice, and they come across as fun and nice in their videos.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:22 AM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Media section? I see people talking about music there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:01 PM
When asked IRL, I'll just say Black Moth Super Rainbow, but when they don't know who that is I'll say Bibio, and when they don't know who that is I'll just say Erykah Badu, and they'll usually know who that is because it's Dallas, but more than likely they'll know her as the woman who stripped down to nothing and mimed being shot at the JFK assassination site for the Window Seat music video.

also, last.fm link in my sig.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 4:25 PM
Here's my favorites, I suppose... Lately I've been exposed to a lot of new music (new to me, I mean =P) and so, things have been changing:

Chicago (Their late 60s/70s music, not 80s and beyond)
The Beatles
Streetlight Manifesto
The Doors
Blood, Sweat & Tears
Fleet Foxes
Gryphon
Bread
Brainchild (1970 Brass Rock band)
Eagles
The Divine Comedy
Boston
America
Afroskull
Egg

I'll stop it there... I would have only listed a "Top 5", but as I said, I'm not sure what my top 5 would even be at this point.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Here's my favorites, I suppose... Lately I've been exposed to a lot of new music (new to me, I mean =P) and so, things have been changing:

Chicago (Their late 60s/70s music, not 80s and beyond)

Good distinction...Chicago with Terry Kath and that brass section is amazing, and a world away from whatever the hell they thought they were doing in the 80's.
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
Good distinction...Chicago with Terry Kath and that brass section is amazing, and a world away from whatever the hell they thought they were doing in the 80's.

To be honest, that's kind of how I feel about the 80s in general.

I do find it sad because most people (my age) recognize Chicago only for their 80s hits, and they like that Chicago, and completely ignore the idea of listening to their early library.

What makes me the most sad is that the "Brass Rock" genre is nowhere to be found anymore... So under-appreciated. You can find modern bands that play in the style of early hard rock like Led Zeppelin, or psychedelic progressive rock like Pink Floyd, but the 'Brass Rock' genre has no such bands...

I mean, yes, there is Ska, and some of it is good, but it's not the same.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 5:40 AM
I like so many genres, but Owl City and Twenty One Pilots are my favourite musicians. I also like a lot of Christian and non-Christian rock, like Skillet and Black Veil Brides and Of Mice and Men. It really depends on mood. I'll even listen to One Direction.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
I'll even listen to One Direction.

HEATHEN!

Anyway, my top 5 is listed below.

Cradle of Filth
Darkest Hour
Eluveitie
Theatres des Vampires
Mael Mórdha
Mad Poster