Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:44 PM Last edited by kittenn1011 : 20th Apr 2018 at 4:38 AM.
Default [FOUND] WCIF always chose male sim for last name during marriage mod
I've set up my legacy hood to have patriarchal inheritance rules, so I went looking for this mod that I stumbled across and had in my last game install and I just couldn't find it. I did settle on Last Name Chooser but I'm pretty sure there's a conflict in my current modset because it no longer functions for me and literally every single marriage is ending up with the wife's name no matter who I select. I suspect another similar issue now regarding my same-sex pregnancy mod so I'm trying to isolate the problem (no matter who I have selected in a heterosexual couple the man always ends up pregnant when I'm using BOs alien abduction mods and none of the sims involved have their internal gender changed), but in the meantime I want to be able to remove Last Name Chooser because I suspect the problem is related. Does anyone know where I can find this automatic patriarchal name-choice mod in particular? I vaguely remember a matriarchy name-choice mod existing too, possibly from the same source.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:01 PM
I don't understand why you'd need a mod. If you just always click on the male to get married the bride will take his name or am I missing something?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I don't understand why you'd need a mod. If you just always click on the male to get married the bride will take his name or am I missing something?

You aren't missing anything, besides that maybe at times, it is the female sim you are controlling...

I think the mod you had was probably, marriage-traditional from MATY? I am trying to find a link, but I can't seem to...
Found it!
Ok, scroll down until you find marriage-traditional. The woman always take the man's last name.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/
And if you want the real description of that mod, go here...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2086.0

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw

I hate keeping track of that, though, and I know a mod exists to fix it, so why bother haha. Also, it means I always have to add the male to the household before marrying, which is an annoyance to me sometimes. Plus, there seems to be an actual conflict in my mods right now that's causing, no matter who I am controlling, the game to chose the female sim's name. I'm hoping this might override that behaviour if I load it last (and of course I'm removing Last Name Choose haha).

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I think the mod you had was probably, marriage-traditional from MATY?

That's the one! Thank you.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 12:42 AM
I have a lot of living together Sims that I put together, because I want them as a couple and later get to married. I have over the years like kittenn1011 always place my male Sims in the house first, so the female can get the last name.
I really forgot all about this mod so thanks @Rosebine.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 12:54 AM
You are welcome, I'm glad I could help! I also re-downloaded it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)