Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:25 PM
Default A tool for checking my CC
I want to play sims 2 with fewer expansions, but I don't want to put my old CC into the game, because some of them are not needed for this installment, as I don't have the required expansion installed for some CC, so if I only install seasons, I'll only need base game and seasons compatible CC, but I don't know which CC is which. I think such a tool exists that could telll me which file is what. Maybe provide me a 3D silhouette picture of the item?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 5:51 AM
Maybe Clean Installer can help?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 3:17 PM
Thank you, I'll try it out :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 19th Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM.
I do not think that Clean Installer can help for this, as there is nowhere where it tells you about the EP or SP an item is cloned from, or required.
I have not posted until now, because honestly, the only tip I have for you is quite lame and not so quick or efficient.
If you add boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags true to your userStartup.cheat file, all items in the catalogue will be showing the required EP,SP they are cloned from, come from, or that is required for them to work.

So in your normal game with all EP/SP and all your Downloads, you could identify which CC needs what, and so which CC you keep or cannot keep, in your new game.
This won't help with global mods that do not have an object.
Going into each game category and take notes will take forever, and this is why I hesitated to even post...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:00 AM
As far as I know, Rosebine's method would be your best bet. There is no magic tool that will do what you really want. I think the cheat that Rosebine mentioned only works for objects, though, not for CAS stuff. Custom clothing will sometimes require Maxis meshes or textures (if the clothing is repositoried to something Maxis) or both. Nor will it help with mods at all. Nor will it help with any lots you may have downloaded and still might want to use, given that lots require a certain game engine -- namely, the one under which they were created -- in order to load and function without crashing your game.

Frankly, I would say that it would be far easier to just start fresh with your new game config than it would be "downgrade" all of your existing CC. Unless you don't have a lot, in which case you might be willing to put up with the tedium.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 2:32 PM
I don't know if I could do that method, as years before I tried to edit some files and it required administrator rights and I couldn't access it.
However I also thought that maybe I check out everything, BUT I mean that I scan though the file names with my eyes and I grab really few stuff that is inportant, like maxis category changes, unused maxis content made available, some cas stuff, recolored objects and mods. Because I want to play with a really limited cc anyway, to feel the vanilla-ish(?) feel. I actually don't have a lot of CC... luckily I categorized them long ago, like I made folders for femala hairstyles, male outfits, objects etc ... So it would be easier to just look for specific things.