Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 2:19 AM
I had to start all over. I was aging up the kids for my third generation and forgot to set one of the twins traits. I could either go back three hours of work or I could start all over. With the new plant sim challenge, I decided to just start all over.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
I had to start all over. I was aging up the kids for my third generation and forgot to set one of the twins traits. I could either go back three hours of work or I could start all over. With the new plant sim challenge, I decided to just start all over.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that.

:[ Oh, I figured out that you have to go to manage worlds and click the edit household from there in order to edit their voices and such. I knew there was a way I did it, I just couldn't remember. :O
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:24 PM
Hi! I'm enjoying this challenge so far. The limitation on using seeds from packets was a cool dynamic, and serves my sim right for not planning ahead better; he ended up waiting around for things to bloom at both the Willow Creek library and the Oasis Springs park, haha. Silver lining, he married the librarian!
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:20 PM
I cannot wait ti'll friday! That's when I get to play sims. On the weekends! (Im gonna play on my YT channel you can watch if you want Channel link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv...-58eIn_rgigt-fw)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:22 AM Last edited by ladykelien : 11th Aug 2017 at 6:44 PM.
Okay, another question. I know I am late to the game but I just got dine out. Since gen 2 is business or politics and gen 3 is mixology could Gen 2 if they go the business route also own a restaurant or could Gen 3? Especially if say their spouse is on the Master Chief path?

So I thought I would add an update to my family. I've been too busy to play up until the last few days so you're just now getting an update. My family had 3 kids to get the boy and girl requirement. Both boys have grown up and my girl is about too. She is my heir, so I will be moving her to the city. I am leaving the boys on the farm. The oldest is married with a baby on the way. We will see if we can get through the second gen to gen 3.

Edit: No one seems to be paying attention to this thread but me. Still I can provide an update. My third gen heir just turned into a teen and is quickly learning to enjoy the night life. Mom doesn't seem to care that the girl is out at all hours because so is mom.
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 9:42 PM
Awesome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Okay, another question. I know I am late to the game but I just got dine out. Since gen 2 is business or politics and gen 3 is mixology could Gen 2 if they go the business route also own a restaurant or could Gen 3? Especially if say their spouse is on the Master Chief path?

So I thought I would add an update to my family. I've been too busy to play up until the last few days so you're just now getting an update. My family had 3 kids to get the boy and girl requirement. Both boys have grown up and my girl is about too. She is my heir, so I will be moving her to the city. I am leaving the boys on the farm. The oldest is married with a baby on the way. We will see if we can get through the second gen to gen 3.

Edit: No one seems to be paying attention to this thread but me. Still I can provide an update. My third gen heir just turned into a teen and is quickly learning to enjoy the night life. Mom doesn't seem to care that the girl is out at all hours because so is mom.

Yes, you can own a restaurant if you wanted to in generation 2. If you wanted to own a business in generation 3 I would suggest that you make the restaurant they own into a club or bar instead of a pure restaurant so it fits the theme of 'wild child' better!

I'll be updating all of the rules once Cats and Dogs comes out and I have a chance to fool around with all the new possibilities the expansion brings!
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
Loving this challenge! I’m on gen 2 close to switching to gen 3 and had a question about the living situation. I know gen 2 is supposed to move back into the house to take care of the remaining parent but when my child ages to young adult and I start gen 3 do they stay in the house as well? Do the parents still remain? It just seems odd a wild child would live with their elderly parents Thanks for any help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marisa23
Loving this challenge! I’m on gen 2 close to switching to gen 3 and had a question about the living situation. I know gen 2 is supposed to move back into the house to take care of the remaining parent but when my child ages to young adult and I start gen 3 do they stay in the house as well? Do the parents still remain? It just seems odd a wild child would live with their elderly parents Thanks for any help!

This is up to you. I, personally, like the idea that every generation eventually ends up in the 'legacy' house but after generation 2 you do not have to have them living in the 'legacy' house if you do not want them to.
Page 2 of 2