Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default game keeps crashing in certain save
So my game crashed and thought nothing of it. so I started to play the same save again and it crashed again in matter seconds of playing. this happened about 3 times before I took my mods folder out and wanted to see if its just the certain save. well, it is and I have no idea why it keeps crashing. I tried a different save of the family and it worked just fine. does anyone know how to fix this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 3:27 PM
I got that with an old save after my family's baby had been taken by the social worker in a Modless game and the save had become so corrupted that the last load landed in a UI panel failure and any further attempts to load it resulted in the save crashing in loading with a popup telling me it was too corrupted to load.It's possible a social worker might've removed an inactive family's baby,toddler or child in the save earlier and it got corrupted without your knowing it.ANother possiblility is a glitched free vacation if you had accepted the vacation opportunity.I always take mine as local vacations to visit a community lot in town like the one I got in Deery Meadows where a family stayed two nights at the city hall in the center of twon because it's also the main library and was set up for that to happen on purpose.
You might have to remove that bad save and start over and make sure to never accept the ree vacation opportunity and make sure to use a no social worker's Mod to stop that from happening and corrupting saves.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:50 PM
There can be a plethora of reasons. If you have time to do the town reset, do that. Can you give any more details? Is there a sim aging up? Do you have ErrorTrap or Overwatch in play? If all else fails, can you go back to that previous save?

omnis mundi creatura