Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to remove/melt ice?
Is there a way to quickly remove ice from lakes without having to change seasons and wait days for it to melt on its own? I wanted to do a photoshoot at a lake but it was covered in ice so it ruined my plans...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:48 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, both Nopke's timeWeatherManager or SimWardrobe's Weather Vase can change the temperature in a pinch. When I was messing around with it in my test hood, the ice seemed to melt fairly quickly after setting the temperature high.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 10:29 PM
I would change the season to summer and use the batbox to make it hot. Won't take days.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 1:08 AM
Thank you both!
I was playing in Three Lakes though and the seasons are set to fall-fall-winter-winter. And I tried playing by interrupting the regular cycle as little as I can so I figured if there was some amazing mod that could just remove the ice in an instant that'd be fantastic. But I suppose I could just change the seasons. I'll try the weather vase first like you suggested, Bulbizarre!

And I didn't know you could do that with the batbox! :o I already have that. Maybe the weather vase is unnecessary then? I'll try both ^^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 1:33 AM
The vase only changes to set seasons, so if your hood is set to fall-fall-winter-winter, those are the options the jar will give you. Go to the hood screen and set one to summer, load the lot and use the jar to make it summer on lot, then check the bat Box for weather 'heat from hell' probably.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 8:47 PM
Heat from hell worked like a charm! :D

However, I got a different idea and made a beach lot instead. Turns out beach waters don't turn to ice, huh!
Here's the result!